• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Atheism Lead to Weight Gain?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Thats a shame anti-concervatism dominates this forum. In my opinion.

It depends on the type of conservatism.

Most of the time people don’t respond strongly against things like “I think states should have more power” or “I think there should be fewer taxes.”

It’s the sad fact that post-80’s conservatism (in America at least) has gotten in the business of making a culture out of disenfranchising and marginalizing people (for being homosexual, or trans, or a woman, or foreign, or…)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
This post is making me hungry. I’m gonna make some pasta, anyone want some? Atheists only, of course. And honorary atheists I suppose, I have cards to hand out if you’re cool.

Edit: I’m probably not kidding, I have some mushroom alfredo that’s gonna go bad if it’s not used and I do happen to have broccoli. So… dinner plans are made!

I'll take some pasta. It's morning here, and I just downed a couple of croissants and a coffee, but I'm figuring your delivery time will be pretty long anyway.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Well of course atheists tend to be heavier. They keep cramming themselves full of food in a vain attempt to fill that empty space inside of them where God's supposed to be.

It's theism or Twinkies, guys. I've known that for a long time.

(*pretends not to know that this wasn't posted in the jokes forum)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Or is it just my imagination?

I couldn't find any research on this.
Well, on research of exactly one individual -- an atheist -- I'd have to say "Yes."

However, I have not accounted for the fact that the subject is bloody old, with a bad back, and can't give up beer. These might be factors that further research should consider.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, on research of exactly one individual -- an atheist -- I'd have to say "Yes."

However, I have not accounted for the fact that the subject is bloody old, with a bad back, and can't give up beer. These might be factors that further research should consider.
I note that believers usaully look very well fed.
Are they any lighter? I doubt it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It depends on the type of conservatism.

Most of the time people don’t respond strongly against things like “I think states should have more power” or “I think there should be fewer taxes.”

It’s the sad fact that post-80’s conservatism (in America at least) has gotten in the business of making a culture out of disenfranchising and marginalizing people (for being homosexual, or trans, or a woman, or foreign, or…)

That, and enshrining scientific illiteracy.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, atheists are likely to be fatter. The theists here (my wife, son and daughter-in-law) have their fasts and periods when non-veg is not allowed in the house (I am going through that period, nearly a month without any non-veg or even eggs). This will be followed (after a break) by a period of nine days when not even onions will be allowed. All all these people are fat while I am not. I have a high BMR.