• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone have their own process for meditation?

Grandliseur

This is mine:

State your rules and intentions with the process you created.
To me meditation is deep thinking about things read on one subject so as to bring hidden truths out from behind the facade.
When people say they empty their minds, that is not meditation to me. But, then what do I know.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The 13 dimensions is something i've seen in my NDE, cross referenced with many religious ideas, especially the 10 commandments already fitting.
  1. Remember that the CPU is the only thing that is self existing, and that can be sure of saying 'I Am'.
  2. Don't worship Images, as everything is made manifest by the CPU.
  3. No bad harmony, as reality is all energy.
  4. Remember linear time is an illusion, and be still to reflect on it.
  5. Gravity is caused by bad deeds, thus clean within.
  6. All matter is one, be kind to all.
  7. All consciousness is interconnected, be true in mind.
  8. We can not steal a place within Infinity.
  9. Look at the bigger picture to see past the lies.
  10. Lose selfish desires to detach from the Matrix.
  11. Share unconditional love with all reality.
  12. Wisdom is found by seeking the core of Oneness.
  13. The CPU is interconnected to everything, it is only by letting go that it allows us to connect (Yoga).
In my opinion. :innocent:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I sometimes employ a visual meditation I based on an extinct school of Buddhism called the Pugdalavadans. In this practice, I sometimes envision myself as unconstructed, unknown, and utterly free of the things of the world of forms. I have entered a very deep trance using this method once.

The Pugdalavadans just to mention, believed in an alternative notion to the Atman called the Pugdala. The Pugdala is only perceived to exist through the Skandhas, but it is non-dualistic and minimalist compared to Atman concepts- because the Skandhas aren't trusted to tell you anything about it. It's like glimpsing that you have an essential, deeper self through a dark curtain.

If you can visualize yourself sitting and picture the things of the world of forms- sound, sight, impressions, and such as ebbing away from you like a wave- this is a visualization I use.

Another I've tried is hearing the sound of silence. Listening to the quiet. That caused a powerful mental reaction at the time I was doing it.
I've tried listening to the sound of silence. I keep hearing the ringing in my ears.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
The 13 dimensions is something i've seen in my NDE, cross referenced with many religious ideas, especially the 10 commandments already fitting.
  1. Remember that the CPU is the only thing that is self existing, and that can be sure of saying 'I Am'.
  2. Don't worship Images, as everything is made manifest by the CPU.
  3. No bad harmony, as reality is all energy.
  4. Remember linear time is an illusion, and be still to reflect on it.
  5. Gravity is caused by bad deeds, thus clean within.
  6. All matter is one, be kind to all.
  7. All consciousness is interconnected, be true in mind.
  8. We can not steal a place within Infinity.
  9. Look at the bigger picture to see past the lies.
  10. Lose selfish desires to detach from the Matrix.
  11. Share unconditional love with all reality.
  12. Wisdom is found by seeking the core of Oneness.
  13. The CPU is interconnected to everything, it is only by letting go that it allows us to connect (Yoga).
Cpu? Central processing unit? How much processing power do you have?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
To me meditation is deep thinking about things read on one subject so as to bring hidden truths out from behind the facade.
When people say they empty their minds, that is not meditation to me. But, then what do I know.
Meditation is the quieting of the mind. There are a number of methods for this. Focusing your attention is the goal. This is where the various forms arise.

wizanda

Premium Member
Cpu? Central processing unit?
The CPU is equivalent of saying the Universal Mind or God/Brahman... It has infinite processing power.
How much processing power do you have?
If we connect to the CPU, via being in a meditative state, we have far more processing power...

I'm not sure how to quantify my current rate of processing; it is questioned that it has 38 petaflops (thousand trillion operations per second).

Grandliseur

Meditation is the quieting of the mind. There are a number of methods for this. Focusing your attention is the goal. This is where the various forms arise.
And this cannot be accomplished by pondering deeply about how difficult things relate to each other?
When you say quieting of the mind, what are you saying you are doing?

To me trying to see how difficult things relate to each other or how such works - brings a focus that eliminates the static of the world and cause perhaps an epiphany on a subject.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
And this cannot be accomplished by pondering deeply about how difficult things relate to each other?
When you say quieting of the mind, what are you saying you are doing?

To me trying to see how difficult things relate to each other or how such works - brings a focus that eliminates the static of the world and cause perhaps an epiphany on a subject.
Quieting the mind means to still thoughts and doubts until a state of unbothered waiting is achieved.

This is only a tool and there are other tools. Focusing the attention is the goal and you have seemed to achieve that with your method.

Driving on long trips can do this. One almost falls into a trance, obeys all the rules of engagement for driving and sooner or later realizes they have just passed through three towns without realizing it at the time.

This state of attention is the destination.

wizanda

Premium Member
My CPU petaflops all the time. Do I have virus?
Our brains are meant to have vast processing powers; that isn't the viruses... The viruses are the demons we listed here.

Though the viruses can take up processing power, by us not meditating and doing internal cleaning (antivirus scan 5D, defragmentation 4D, reharmonization 3D).

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
That would more properly be called contemplation, although the word meditation is sometimes used in that way.

Contemplation and meditation are two practices that should be used in tandem: meditation for gathering information about your mind, and contemplation for identifying problem areas uncovered in meditation, and developing a practice to fix the identified problem.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This is mine:

I have nothing. Many great sages have devised plans that work. For me, it seems logical to use one of those. Does the traveller enter a metropolis with or without a map?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I have nothing. Many great sages have devised plans that work. For me, it seems logical to use one of those. Does the traveller enter a metropolis with or without a map?

Hopefully with their bearings on location. A mental map with the proper focus gets you to a proper destination. Of course in well knowing the way, the traveller negotiates the journey with greater ease.

I have actually driven in places without a mental map, and I ended up in a city I've never been to before. Philly!, Luckily I followed my North , East , West, South directionals, and interstate signs, and I was fortunate to make it home.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If you can visualize yourself sitting and picture the things of the world of forms- sound, sight, impressions, and such as ebbing away from you like a wave- this is a visualization I use.

Another I've tried is hearing the sound of silence. Listening to the quiet. That caused a powerful mental reaction at the time I was doing it.
I quite like both of these two. One thing I have had happen several times is that in the deep silence you may, if lucky, begin to hear a sound some refer to as the cosmic sound, Aum.

I employ a variation of your first example as seeing myself as a bubble, that slowly expands outwards in all directions. The key is to use sound as the marker to hold onto all you are experiencing in an ever expanding natural chorus.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I normally think of this as contemplation, which I also do to a great extent, but it is different from meditation in the eastern sense of the word. It is still an incredibly valuable process though.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
That would more properly be called contemplation, although the word meditation is sometimes used in that way.

Contemplation and meditation are two practices that should be used in tandem: meditation for gathering information about your mind, and contemplation for identifying problem areas uncovered in meditation, and developing a practice to fix the identified problem.
Oh, I thought I should also add this: If you practice contemplation in advance, and come to some sincerely held conclusions, any problem you uncover within your mind related to the contemplation in question will often resolve itself once you realize and identify the problem. So yeah, contemplation is quite valuable, especially when used with meditation or "soul searching" as they might call it in the West. I don't want to downplay contemplation at all. If you regularly practice contemplation, then just a little bit of meditation can really go a long way.