• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone have their own process for meditation?

ajay0

Meditation for me is living in the present moment or present moment awareness.

Being in the midst of nature such as a solitary seashore and reading great sayings by enlightened sages in a pocket notebook, helps to create the tempo for deep meditation for me.

I also dig early morning meditation.

I have also used mantra chanting and deep breathing with focus on inhalation/exhalation to still the compulsive thought process, and prepare the ground for meditation and thoughtless awareness.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Meditation is very simple for me as I do it in the same manner as a ritualistic worship.

First I anoint my shrine, then I draw a geometric image to give me a moment of focus and relax my mind then I proceed to sit on the floor and free my mind with two resolutions. Those being freedom from my humanity and freedom from my environment.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Meditation is very simple for me as I do it in the same manner as a ritualistic worship.

First I anoint my shrine, then I draw a geometric image to give me a moment of focus and relax my mind then I proceed to sit on the floor and free my mind with two resolutions. Those being freedom from my humanity and freedom from my environment.

Sounds liberating! I can see that being very effective!

taykair

I think the best form of meditation (if it can be called meditation) is simply being aware af what you are doing while you are in the act of doing it. So many of our actions during the day seem to be "automatic", as if our thoughts are elsewhere while we do the routine tasks we do.

I often end posts with the words "take care" (indeed, my name here is Taykair). Some may think that I may be saying "so long" or "see you later", but my intent with the phrase (and the name) is to encourage folks to proceed carefully and to act thoughtfully.

Take care.