• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do you worry about what might awaits you when you die? for bad things you've done to others.

HonestJoe

even if you are non believer of anything, do you ever wonder "what if"? being that you may not know if there is anything after your life ends or not.
Out of casual curiosity sometimes but never concern or fear because I don't there is enough concrete to have fear of. As far as I'm concerned, what (if anything) happens after we die could be literally anything so regardless of what we do (or don't do) in life, it could have a positive, negative or neutral outcome.

Considerations of the very real reactions and consequences of my actions in this life strike me as infinitely more significant, since we know they exists and can, at least to a significant extent, predict and understand them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No worries.
No judgement or afterlife.
But my back-up plan is being a wonderful person.
(Just ask anyone here!)

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend chinu,

Oh!
I'll accompany you, tell me whenever you plan to tibet.
Guess that will be something absolutely new; synchronising death, yes shall inform you in advance when I die so that you too can make preparation for us to travel together to wherever the souls travel after death.
hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe we are born as twins thereafter?

Love & rgds

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
maybe you've never done things that are not considered very evil, according to mankind's laws.
maybe you never got caught, and your victims never spoke, or couldn't speak, after what you did to them.
perhaps you wonder if what you did to someone else was justifiable.
do you ever worry about it? or have?

thanks for the interest.
I have done, said, and thought things that I am not proud of, things which are not nice to others, but I believe I have done a lot of good, both passively and actively, including helping out the community, stopping a few people from committing suicide, and so on.

I would hope the good I have done would outweigh the bad; I don't think the bad things I've done are too bad, though. I've never done anything that's too bad, though, off-hand.

If I had been punished for things not considered very evil according to mankind's laws, but according to God, gods', angels', or whatever laws, then I'd hope they were at least fair: if I was to be punished for, say, pulling eyebrow hairs out, that's kind of unfair in my eyes -- but there's nothing I could do about it, so I don't worry about it.

Do I ever worry? Not really. Sometimes I have a brief flicker of regret for doing them, wishing I had never done, and hoping I would not be judged too harshly on them, if at all, but this is rare. I do not think lamenting on things I have already done, and/or did long ago, would be helpful to me.

kloth

No, for me there is no after life, so even Hilter won't be punished.
as far as you know?

I have sometimes wondered, "What if there was something really nice waiting for me after death?"

But I have never, ever wondered, "What if there was something horribly, hideously painful waiting for me after death?"
why's that? have you only done good for people, and never bad to them? or do you believe you will not be punished for your bad? only rewarded for your good? just curious is all. I've seen people like that in real life, is why I ask.

Nope. Then again, I once viewed the Cenobite's Labyrinth as heaven at one point in time. :D
do you not wonder often, or at all, about what is the truth. obviously something will happen after life, what ever that is.

Oh, no. I'm not only uninsterested in an afterlife, I don't even understand why so many people are.
well something will happen after this life, even if perhaps nothing. some people may wonder because they hope for something better than paying dues all the time for being good, as to some may be worried about being only bad all their life. or for one extremely evil thing they've done, whether caught or not.

I believe in mercy of God, Islamic teaching tell us that bad things that we have done to others will not be forgiven, rest God can forgive with his mercy.
hypothetical. you've never for a moment ever wondered what if your god is not real, but what is real is something or someone that punishes a 1000 times worse than what you did?

Friend kloth,

No not exactly but would like to try 'bardo' the Tibetan meditation technique where meditators try to keep a dying man awake so that after leaving his body he stays around till his body is placed on the funeral pyre and tuned toa shes; so I have heard.

Love & rgds
well maybe technology will keep people alive forever some day.

Out of casual curiosity sometimes but never concern or fear because I don't there is enough concrete to have fear of. As far as I'm concerned, what (if anything) happens after we die could be literally anything so regardless of what we do (or don't do) in life, it could have a positive, negative or neutral outcome.

Considerations of the very real reactions and consequences of my actions in this life strike me as infinitely more significant, since we know they exists and can, at least to a significant extent, predict and understand them.
I see what you mean.

No worries.
No judgement or afterlife.
But my back-up plan is being a wonderful person.
(Just ask anyone here!)
do all your back up plans workout? your entire life that is.

I have done, said, and thought things that I am not proud of, things which are not nice to others, but I believe I have done a lot of good, both passively and actively, including helping out the community, stopping a few people from committing suicide, and so on.

I would hope the good I have done would outweigh the bad; I don't think the bad things I've done are too bad, though. I've never done anything that's too bad, though, off-hand.

If I had been punished for things not considered very evil according to mankind's laws, but according to God, gods', angels', or whatever laws, then I'd hope they were at least fair: if I was to be punished for, say, pulling eyebrow hairs out, that's kind of unfair in my eyes -- but there's nothing I could do about it, so I don't worry about it.

Do I ever worry? Not really. Sometimes I have a brief flicker of regret for doing them, wishing I had never done, and hoping I would not be judged too harshly on them, if at all, but this is rare. I do not think lamenting on things I have already done, and/or did long ago, would be helpful to me.
you might be rewarded for the good, but punished for the bad at a different time. just a thought.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I think too many people wast their life worrying over what is going to happen when they die, the sad thing is that they miss out on this life, I feel that there is no after life and that this whole concept was made up by people who were afraid of death, they wasted their whole life for nothing, how sad

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
On the contrary, this is not something I would worry about, If it were possible I would actually welcome the opportunity to pay for my "sins". I have done some terrible things in my life, and at least in some cases circumstances make it impossible for me to make amends. I would find the idea of some kind of justice in the afterlife very reassuring and comforting, even if that meant I had to do my time in a lake of fire.

(but maybe I am just a guilt ridden masochist :shrug::help:)

psychoslice

Veteran Member
fantôme profane;3756226 said:
On the contrary, this is not something I would worry about, If it were possible I would actually welcome the opportunity to pay for my "sins". I have done some terrible things in my life, and at least in some cases circumstances make it impossible for me to make amends. I would find the idea of some kind of justice in the afterlife very reassuring and comforting, even if that meant I had to do my time in a lake of fire.

Haven't you heard of the word self forgiveness, guilt can eat at you and cause a lot of diseases such as cancer.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
maybe you've never done things that are not considered very evil, according to mankind's laws.
maybe you never got caught, and your victims never spoke, or couldn't speak, after what you did to them.
even if you are non believer of anything, do you ever wonder "what if"? being that you may not know if there is anything after your life ends or not.

thanks for the interest.

I don't worry. What's done is done.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Been dead long before I was born. Safe so far in this afterlife.

Maybe a chicken will kill me and eat me for supper in the next afterlife as it just so happens to be one if my favorite foods in this life.

Sabour

I get worried about my faith and if I was true to myself when doing the good deeds so that I can go to heaven

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

thanks for the interest.

death is the punishment for all the bad that we have done in our life. There is nothing more to be punished for....death is the ultimate punishment for all sins.

So death is good in that it gives us closure on the past. People like Hitler may rise in the resurrection and be given a second chance to live righteously.

kloth

Whatever happens, happens. If that is God's Will, then so be it. :)
that makes me wonder if you ever worry about anything in this life.

I think too many people wast their life worrying over what is going to happen when they die, the sad thing is that they miss out on this life, I feel that there is no after life and that this whole concept was made up by people who were afraid of death, they wasted their whole life for nothing, how sad
well without rock solid proof, who truly knows? I would say. maybe it's not overly worrying, but just wondering a little.

fantôme profane;3756226 said:

could be a waste of time to worry about it after all. then again....from what I seen, nobody can really know what to expect until it's too late. could be something much more extreme that you might expect or have seen like in movies, tv, etc.

I don't worry. What's done is done.
is it? how do you know it's over. if lets say people are able to get revenge on you in some sort of afterlife. unless perhaps you believe in limits to the imagination.

Been dead long before I was born. Safe so far in this afterlife.

Maybe a chicken will kill me and eat me for supper in the next afterlife as it just so happens to be one if my favorite foods in this life.
funny

I get worried about my faith and if I was true to myself when doing the good deeds so that I can go to heaven
okay

death is the punishment for all the bad that we have done in our life. There is nothing more to be punished for....death is the ultimate punishment for all sins.

So death is good in that it gives us closure on the past. People like Hitler may rise in the resurrection and be given a second chance to live righteously.

is that an educated guess based on wishful thinking?

One God

thanks for the interest.
Worrying about dying? Why would one worry going back to where you came from (Ultimate home/destination). One have to understand that nothing is beyond the laws of nature. If God is known for doing justice. Then he is also known for being merciful. Mercy comes on the cost of being righteous first and asking for forgiveness/mercy.
In my view, the only thing that separates good from bad is the INTENTION. If you have a kind heart, and good intention, you most likely haven't committed a sin under nature. If something unconsciously happened from you, then asks for forgiveness and it shall be granted ( I strongly Believe). Un-intentional harm also has many reasons to happen...........
Simply, being honest and kind hearted to yourself and others and live a happy life is important. Respecting one another is the best we can do and shall do (In my Opinion). Keep blessed !!!!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
well something will happen after this life, even if perhaps nothing. some people may wonder because they hope for something better than paying dues all the time for being good, as to some may be worried about being only bad all their life. or for one extremely evil thing they've done, whether caught or not.

And I find all of that extremely odd, very weird even.

We have plenty of worthy things to worry about that are known to exist, after all.