• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you want the Jews to have the Temple rebuilt?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Herod didn’t built the second Temple. It was there before him. He did enlarge the Temple Mount and build several large building complexes around it.

When many sources give him credit for beginning the construction of the Temple, who do I go to for the correct info?

Please and thank you! :)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
When many sources give him credit for beginning the construction of the Temple, who do I go to for the correct info?

I don't know what sources you are using, but Herod basically took the second temple, which already existed, and remodeled it. He did not build a temple from scratch. The second temple was built by the Jews when they came back to Jerusalem out of captivity, under the guidance of Ezra. That happened long before Herod. I think Herod gets a lot of credit for the second temple because his expansions made it so glorious.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't know what sources you are using, but Herod basically took the second temple, which already existed, and remodeled it. He did not build a temple from scratch. The second temple was built by the Jews when they came back to Jerusalem out of captivity, under the guidance of Ezra. That happened long before Herod. I think Herod gets a lot of credit for the second temple because his expansions made it so glorious.
Can you refer me to a good reliable source where I can find out precisely what Herod did regarding the additions/constructions to the temple.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Can you refer me to a good reliable source where I can find out precisely what Herod did regarding the additions/constructions to the temple.

I don't know any sites off hand, but I'm sure if you google, you'll find plenty.

74x12

View attachment 56160 View attachment 56161
I refer to myself as a "Superherod". Anyone who wants a Temple for the Jews rebuilt, I refer to as "Superherods" (a silly nickname :p ).

"Herod the great" was a rather mean person, who built many Temples. He did some good things though too. One was the one who began the construction for the Temple for Jews of that time. He was also nicknamed by the Romans "King of the Jews", same title that was on Christ's cross and assigned to Jesus of Nazareth.

Are you a Superherod? (Are you in favor of this Temple being reconstructed?) Why or why not?

This above images are what Herod's Temple looked like. If we had that in Minneapolis Saint Paul, I might have to convert to Judaism. :D

After I have a few years sobriety, one of my goals when I'm a grown-up is to rebuild the Temple. :)
I like the temple because it's a house of prayer for all nations but on the other hand ... it's only going to be rebuilt so that the abomination of desolation that Daniel spoke of can defile it. This is why the luciferians in charge of the world want the temple rebuilt. Not because they really care about Jews or God. Satan must defile the temple in order to kick off his reign on earth. So the rebuilding of the temple is the beginning of the end. Even though his reign will be short and Jesus will destroy all who worship him; I don't rejoice because people will have little chance to repent from the time of emergence of the antichrist.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I like the temple because it's a house of prayer for all nations but on the other hand ... it's only going to be rebuilt so that the abomination of desolation that Daniel spoke of can defile it. This is why the luciferians in charge of the world want the temple rebuilt. Not because they really care about Jews or God. Satan must defile the temple in order to kick off his reign on earth. So the rebuilding of the temple is the beginning of the end. Even though his reign will be short and Jesus will destroy all who worship him; I don't rejoice because people will have little chance to repent from the time of emergence of the antichrist.
Wow.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I refer to myself as a "Superherod". Anyone who wants a Temple for the Jews rebuilt, I refer to as "Superherods" (a silly nickname :p ).

"Herod the great" was a rather mean person, who built many Temples. He did some good things though too. One was the one who began the construction for the Temple for Jews of that time. He was also nicknamed by the Romans "King of the Jews", same title that was on Christ's cross and assigned to Jesus of Nazareth.

Are you a Superherod? (Are you in favor of this Temple being reconstructed?) Why or why not?

This above images are what Herod's Temple looked like. If we had that in Minneapolis Saint Paul, I might have to convert to Judaism. :D

After I have a few years sobriety, one of my goals when I'm a grown-up is to rebuild the Temple. :)

Not if Jews, Christians and Muslims have to fight to the death about it.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Isn't there a belief that The Temple already exists in Heaven and that God will bring it down to Earth when the time is right?

I think I remember reading this somewhere - or am I mistaken?

The Kingdom of God is around us, so I like the idea of a new heaven complete with a new earth. Revelation does word it the way you describe. I think the idea changed through the eons.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Because God wills such?:rolleyes:

Thanks for reminding us all why Christianity is extremely depressing!:oops:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Which Luciferians are "in charge of the world," exactly?

Kelly of the Phoenix

I don’t really care. It’s just a tourist trap like most famous temples.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I have no qualms with the Temple being rebuilt in honor of יהוה , creator of the heavens and earth, life's Creator,. I'm guessing the Islamic Dome of the Rock will just have to be relocated in order to make way for the Temple to be rebuilt upon the sacred grounds of the Temple Mount with the sacred structure having its former size and stature of her past glory.
Really, if God is omnipresent and immanent, it hardly matters where a temple might be -- because wherever it is, one must presume God is there. So no need to desecrate somebody else's sacred spot.