• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you want the Jews to have the Temple rebuilt?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
temple-05-28-09-1.jpg
TheTempleintheFirstCentury-1000x540.jpg

I refer to myself as a "Superherod". Anyone who wants a Temple for the Jews rebuilt, I refer to as "Superherods" (a silly nickname :p ).

"Herod the great" was a rather mean person, who built many Temples. He did some good things though too. One was the one who began the construction for the Temple for Jews of that time. He was also nicknamed by the Romans "King of the Jews", same title that was on Christ's cross and assigned to Jesus of Nazareth.

Are you a Superherod? (Are you in favor of this Temple being reconstructed?) Why or why not?

This above images are what Herod's Temple looked like. If we had that in Minneapolis Saint Paul, I might have to convert to Judaism. :D

After I have a few years sobriety, one of my goals when I'm a grown-up is to rebuild the Temple. :)

Last edited:

Lain

View attachment 56160 View attachment 56161 I refer to myself as a "Superherod". Anyone who wants a Temple for the Jews rebuilt, I refer to as "Superherods" (a silly nickname :p ).

"Herod the great" was a rather mean person, who built many Temples. He did some good things though too. One was that he built a Temple for Jews of that time. He was also nicknamed by the Romans "King of the Jews", same title that was on Christ's cross and assigned to Jesus of Nazareth.

Are you a Superherod? (Are you in favor of this Temple being reconstructed?) Why or why not?

This above images are what Herod's Temple looked like. If we had that in Minneapolis Saint Paul, I might have to convert to Judaism. :D

After I have a few years sobriety, one of my goals when I'm a grown-up is to rebuild the Temple. :)

I think I'd be rather indifferent to it being done unless it affected things in my life negatively then I'd be against it. If not then I'd be fine with it, might even go to take pictures. It would probably cause a lot of cases of Jerusalem syndrome if that's even real.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
View attachment 56160 View attachment 56161 I refer to myself as a "Superherod". Anyone who wants a Temple for the Jews rebuilt, I refer to as "Superherods" (a silly nickname :p ).

"Herod the great" was a rather mean person, who built many Temples. He did some good things though too. One was that he built a Temple for Jews of that time. He was also nicknamed by the Romans "King of the Jews", same title that was on Christ's cross and assigned to Jesus of Nazareth.

Not if there would be animal sacrifices.

Suave

Simulated character
I have no qualms with the Temple being rebuilt in honor of יהוה , creator of the heavens and earth, life's Creator,. I'm guessing the Islamic Dome of the Rock will just have to be relocated in order to make way for the Temple to be rebuilt upon the sacred grounds of the Temple Mount with the sacred structure having its former size and stature of her past glory.

Shaul

Premium Member
Herod didn’t built the second Temple. It was there before him. He did enlarge the Temple Mount and build several large building complexes around it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Herod didn’t built the second Temple. It was there before him. He did enlarge the Temple Mount and build several large building complexes around it.
Okay,
Britannica says he began construction on the second Temple in 20 bce. I'll do more research.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The wish for a literal temple recreating the past belongs in the past. It is no different than others looking backward to what they see as a golden age that they want to create.

From the Zohar: Each of us is a microcosm of the Temple. Hence, construction of the Temple takes place within our own physical body, creating a place where the Light of the Creator can rest upon us.

The sacrifices in that inner Temple are our animal nature.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Judaism just is not fully fledged without the Temple and I don't think folks realise what they're missing. I wish for a fully Torah based Israel.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Isn't there a belief that The Temple already exists in Heaven and that God will bring it down to Earth when the time is right?

I think I remember reading this somewhere - or am I mistaken?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn't there a belief that The Temple already exists in Heaven and that God will bring it down to Earth when the time is right?

I think I remember reading this somewhere - or am I mistaken?
It's one belief/understanding, but not everyone believes it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Basically.
I actually am dissapointmented with how secular Israel is. :(

With a Hebrew prayer shawl as their flag and a Menorah as coat of arms, I would love to see a spiritual nation where the chosen people, the children of Israel , have the land that was promised them, and practice the faith.

There are enough Muslim and Christian-majority nations , mosques, and Cathedrals.

To have one Jewish nation , on the promised land , with a fully restored Hebrew Temple, where Jews keep their Hebrew identity and faith, sounds super cool to me.

I don't think they would go back to stoning adulterers. Other than that, it is a very interesting Religion, and I have never had a Jew tell me people will go to hell for not dying Jewish.

So, I pray for a spiritual powerhouse and strong faith in Israel. I have grievances against Yahweh, but strong respect for Judaism and Israel.

I love Jacob whom every Hebrew/Israelite/Jew descends from. He fought with God all night and won, earning him the name Israel, meaning "contender with God". One of my favorite role-models in history. And a good friend. I love his mother Rebecca even more. :)