• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you understand the New Testament

free spirit

Nowhere but in trinitarian theology do we find such unscriptural nonsense. Where in Scripture do we find that man is described as "MIND, body and spirit?" Where? [1] God formed man of the DUST OF THE GROUND --a BODY, and [2] He BREATHED into his nostrils the "BREATH [ruach--SPIRIT] of life. Those are the ONLY two components of man mentioned in the Scriptures. When God put those two (not three) components together, then the MAN became a "LIVING SOUL." Man IS A LIVING SOUL. And when he dies HE IS A DEAD SOUL. That's it! God never "put"a third component of a soul into the man. He IS a soul when he is alive.
Consider this written in 1st. Thessalonians 5: 23, "Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our lord Jesus Christ."
In Hebrews 4: 12, we read, "for the word of God is living and active an sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joint and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions o the heart.
please consider also, yes God put two things in man, but when man eat the fruit man changed, so that change could be the third thing. Good and evil = conscience maybe! Because he became aware that he was naked.
So I believe that we are three in one person, so I have a conscience, an intellect, and a body. which is me three in one.
And in Genesis 3: 22, we read, "Then the Lord God said, "behold, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil." Obviously man acquired something of God and is that aquisition the consciences of good and evil?

A question for you; what is the original sin of Adam which is with us to this day?

Last edited:

free spirit

TO SOJORNER AND AK4

In other words, like the people who condemn homosexuals, or who call clergy "liars" and "deceivers?"
I am surprise at you condoning homosexuality, it is a sin full stop.
It's also written that you can't always tell the difference. I know lots of people who deny God's existence, yet love others greatly. I also know many who are "Godly," but hate those who are different from them.
My best friends are those who do not believe, they are generous and considerate.
the Trinity is not based upon the nature of humanity, but upon the nature of God, as we have witnessed it.
I have only the witness that is in me, did I miss something?
"Jesus said that there would be problems, so it's OK to cause them." Sheesh! That's tantamount to saying, "Jesus said that all have sinned, therefore, it's OK to sin."
A literalistic interpretation causes problems, not because Jesus said there would be problems, but because such interpretation misrepresents a) the texts, b) the body that produced them, c) the God that body espouses, d) the world, as it really is.
No it is not OK to cause problems, but if you did what Paul did, problems will find you.
because apostles and evangelists should be prepared to offer God’s love to misinformed religious cousins, not only through prayer of intersession, tolerance and respect for their faith, but also by the unashamed proclamation of the truth to them. For it is written in Mathew 25 – 35 – 36, “For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.”
Most of today’s believers and religious denominations can only see the superficial meaning of these scripture, because those believers are focused on the obvious physical human needs. But in the book of acts we do not see the apostle Paul going from prison to prison visiting the convicts, or from house to house visiting the sick, or searching for the poor to feed them, or giving shelter to strangers. Do not misunderstand me, for those who do these things are doing a good and compassionate thing, and we Christians should definitively be in the thick of it.
Nevertheless in the scriptures we should also see the apostle Paul going from city to city, from synagogue to synagogue; he even managed to visit pagan temples. There he found the hungry, for the bread of life, there he found the thirsty, for the Spirit of God, there he found the naked, ready for the garment of righteousness, there he found the prisoners of false doctrines, to be set free with the truth, there he found the spiritually sick, to be healed with the forgiveness of God, there he also found himself as a stranger, and some godly person took him in.
Paul boldly revealed the love of God to them all, he opened up his heart, carelessly endangering himself in the process; he was vilified and ridiculed, he suffered beatings, imprisonments and persecutions. He did all of that for the sake of the Christ and the love for the brethren.

Strange as it may seam, all of the times that a persecution occurred, which was recorded in the scriptures tells us that religious devotees were the persecutors and wished to harm the co-workers of the Lord. They obviously believed in God, but they did not know Him. We read in John 15 – 18, “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you.” We can rest assured nothing has changed, for even today callous religious devotees love the structure of their religion so much, that they cannot receive the messenger, nor can they receive the living and abiding word of God.
Believe me because I had a go and came out spiritually bruised.
I know you have to be very imaginative to write the things that I have, but just think about it for a moment or two.

Last edited:

AK4

sojourner
just because we follow Jesus does not give us the authority to upbraid those whom we think are "unworthy" in some way.
Rubuke is the Master's job -- no the students'.

Ahhh this may start into the whole dispensation doctrine and/or rapture “theory”. If you believe the Word where it says over and over again that Jesus was, is and will be then you should realize all the other scriptures also that talk about authority. I don’t feel as if I am “excersing authority” at all. I am just presenting spiritual truths of the scriptures.

So is this scripture true or not

Tit 2:15 - These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

you're asking the wrong question. It's not whose mind, it's what kind of mind. What kind of mind are we to have? A servant's mind -- just like Jesus had, who being "in the form of God did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited., but emptied himself, taking on the form of a slave..."
The kind of mind, whose mind…semantics. It’s the same thing. the mind Jesus had in His day (and He is the same today, yesterday and eonian) was also to expose the hypocrisy of those who contradict. Was it the “sinners” He exposed or the scribes and Pharisees? Is it the “sinners” He still is exposing to this day or the churches and theologians?

You don't know me very well, at all, do you!

No, maybe not. But from your words here I do know how you have been deceived by the doctrine of the trinity and all it entails and it symbols

We're supposed to be humble and empty ourselves, as Christ did. it has nothing to do with rebuking others.

I am glad you can tell me how humble I am. many are offended when someone would "expose those who contradict"God's Word They accuse us of being unloving, unkind, or bad-mouthing God's anointed and angry and as you say of me not humble or willing to empty ourselves to try to serve any who hasn’t been shown the truth.

1 Peter 3:15 ….Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. ….

Actually Phil. 2 is a rather good example of a Biblical support for the Trinity. "Christ Jesus, who...was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God..."
No. No rebuke necessary here.

Please enlighten me on how this shows of a trinity.

I'll leave the rebuking up to the master, not to a fellow servant, who has no more authority than I. In fact, less.

Whew getting a little judgmental again are we?

You are certain in your own mind. Good for us that the Church has never recognized the credibility of individual interpretation. Most of the Body of Christ would side with me with regard to the Trinity. In any case, it really doesn't matter. The Trinity is but one way for us to try to wrap our minds around an infinite God.

Well first off it is not “of individual interpretation”. And Exactly notice it was basically prophesied by Jesus that there will be two categories of Christian -----

the many a.k.a. the called

and the few a.k.a. the called AND chosen

Now which do you think you fall in when you say “Most of the Body of Christ would side with me with regard to the Trinity.”

Psst. *whispering* Let me help you out for a sec---the many and the few---this is what all the parables are about. And the parables don’t start or stop at the gospels.

"All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them" "Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

Mt 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you (the few) to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them (the many) it is not given.

I have pointed things out on several occasions. Without exceptioin, you come back with "That's not what the Word says!" You refuse to admit that your interpretations might possibly be in error, and completely dismiss the reasonable scholarship that shows such. How convenient for you! You don't really want to be shown where you're contrary, because you refuse to believe that that is even possible for you.
No what you point out is “that probably was not the writers intention” and then you tell me if I back something up with other scripture from somewhere else in the bible you tell me im wrong because im proof-texting or taking something out of context and then I show how God instructed everyone on how to understand and you still think im wrong.

Lets get this straight. I use scripture to interpret scripture. You use theologians theories on what MAY be the reason why someone wrote something to interpret scripture. Now you tell me which is correct.

You show me with the understanding that you foist upon the texts with little knowledge of what they mean.

Right and when a document tells you in plain language to “put your first name here” it takes a lot of knowledge to do this. God tells you its line upon line and precept upon precept here a little there a little/rightly divide the word/no scripture is of its own interpretation and you say im foisting stuff. LOL Besides its laughable when you speak of knowledge

The Church continues in the Apostles' teaching...
Those who hold Apostolic authority for doctrinal teaching have advocated the Trinity.

Why cant you admit and see the errors of the church. History shows all the errors of it. The gargoyles and sexual innuendo’s all around their buildings and paintings etc etc etc and you refuse to open your eyes and see the truth of the church. *sigh*

It's not explicit -- but it is implicit.

Wasn’t it you who said to me you can see anything into a scripture if you wanted and that don’t make it true? Well even with the trinity if you carefully read the words you still shouldn’t be able to see a trinity. Talk about seeing something you wanna.

A rumble of thunder rolled out of the sky, and a voice said, "You gotta meet me halfway! You gotta buy a ticket!"

Ahh the same Christian parroting to keep deceiving the sheeple. Gee what doctrine does this example parrot------oh its that nasty nasty evil doctrine of freewill again.

Do you see it or do I need to show you?

Of course. As well as the Nicene.

Oh boy! Man you are more lost then what I thought then if you even consider these! Well at least you to believe in universalism so I guess that’s a beginning, yet if you believe in the apostles creed you still have things a screwed up. *sigh* The second to the last line reads: "I believe… in the resurrection of THE BODY." Sounds good right? Sounds scriptural right? But is it though? No.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I am surprise at you condoning homosexuality, it is a sin full stop.
I'm not surprised at you condemning homosexuality. it is not a sin. Full stop.
My best friends are those who do not believe, they are generous and considerate.
What do we disciples do with those who are not "one of us," but who "cast out devils anyway"? Rebuke them?
I have only the witness that is in me, did I miss something?
Third party perspective, for one thing. But you're coming at it backward. You're looking at yourself and trying to mold God into your own image, instead of perceiving God and molding yourself into God's image.
No it is not OK to cause problems, but if you did what Paul did, problems will find you.
because apostles and evangelists should be prepared to offer God’s love to misinformed religious cousins, not only through prayer of intersession, tolerance and respect for their faith, but also by the unashamed proclamation of the truth to them.
I'm not an apostle. Why would I do what Paul did? Neither you nor I are in a position to determine whether or not someone else is "misinformed." And we definitely don't have the authority to call anyone else on the carpet. Instead of looking for division, why not look for and embrace the commonalities?
For it is written in Mathew 25 – 35 – 36, “For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.”
Most of today’s believers and religious denominations can only see the superficial meaning of these scripture, because those believers are focused on the obvious physical human needs. But in the book of acts we do not see the apostle Paul going from prison to prison visiting the convicts, or from house to house visiting the sick, or searching for the poor to feed them, or giving shelter to strangers. Do not misunderstand me, for those who do these things are doing a good and compassionate thing, and we Christians should definitively be in the thick of it.
Most believers can only see? First off, in what way are you astute enough to know what most people see? Secondly, in what way is the Church uninvolved in acts of compassion?
Nevertheless in the scriptures we should also see the apostle Paul going from city to city, from synagogue to synagogue; he even managed to visit pagan temples. There he found the hungry, for the bread of life, there he found the thirsty, for the Spirit of God, there he found the naked, ready for the garment of righteousness, there he found the prisoners of false doctrines, to be set free with the truth, there he found the spiritually sick, to be healed with the forgiveness of God, there he also found himself as a stranger, and some godly person took him in.
Paul boldly revealed the love of God to them all, he opened up his heart, carelessly endangering himself in the process; he was vilified and ridiculed, he suffered beatings, imprisonments and persecutions. He did all of that for the sake of the Christ and the love for the brethren.
First of all, Paul had authority to do those things. Second, he was killed for doing them. Third, not everyone has the authority that Paul did.
Strange as it may seam, all of the times that a persecution occurred, which was recorded in the scriptures tells us that religious devotees were the persecutors and wished to harm the co-workers of the Lord. They obviously believed in God, but they did not know Him. We read in John 15 – 18, “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you.” We can rest assured nothing has changed, for even today callous religious devotees love the structure of their religion so much, that they cannot receive the messenger, nor can they receive the living and abiding word of God.
Oh, nothing has changed, all right. Strange as it may seem, callous religious devotees love their own ideas so much, that they cannot stop railing on the community, calling it "misinformed," "evil," and "a pack of liars," nor can they receive the embrace of the community amongst whom and in whom and with whom Christ lives.

sojourner

I don’t feel as if I am “excersing authority” at all.
No, you're usurping authority that is not yours.
I am just presenting spiritual truths of the scriptures.
As you see them -- not as the community sees them.
So is this scripture true or not

Tit 2:15 - These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
You are not Titus. Neither are you in a position of leadership in the Church.
The kind of mind, whose mind…semantics. It’s the same thing.
No, it's entirely different.
the mind Jesus had in His day (and He is the same today, yesterday and eonian) was also to expose the hypocrisy of those who contradict.
Jesus didn't expose contradiction. Jesus exposed hypocrisy of impetus.
Is it the “sinners” He still is exposing to this day or the churches and theologians?
Churches and theologians do not, by and large, exercise hypocrisy of impetus.
from your words here I do know how you have been deceived by the doctrine of the trinity and all it entails and it symbols
It's also likely that I have been enlightened by the doctrine of the Trinity. In fact, more likely.
In any case, who are you to say? You're no theologian. Neither do you have authority to set doctrine and determine its worth.
I am glad you can tell me how humble I am.
I didn't do that.
many are offended when someone would "expose those who contradict"God's Word They accuse us of being unloving, unkind, or bad-mouthing God's anointed and angry and as you say of me not humble or willing to empty ourselves to try to serve any who hasn’t been shown the truth.
Exactly right! Who are you to say that anyone contradicts "God's Word" with any authority?
BTW, just why aren't you displaying a servant's heart? Especially to those in need?
Please enlighten me on how this shows of a trinity.
I'd have to say that "...being in the form of God..." is a pretty strong and supportive statement.
Well first off it is not “of individual interpretation”.
It absolutely is!
it was basically prophesied by Jesus that there will be two categories of Christian -----

the many a.k.a. the called

and the few a.k.a. the called AND chosen
Jesus did talk about the "called" and the "chosen," but that was not the "major division," as the gospel writers portrayed it.
Now which do you think you fall in when you say “Most of the Body of Christ would side with me with regard to the Trinity.”
False premise. You don't get to automatically claim that the majority is "wrong," based upon a passage of scripture that doesn't even really support your argument. The "few" Jesus talked about were the Church, as opposed to the "not-Church."

sojourner

Psst. *whispering* Let me help you out for a sec---the many and the few---this is what all the parables are about.
No, it isn't "what all the parables are about." It isn't even what the parable of the wheat and tares are about, which is the closest parable, in terms of message.
"All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them" "Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

Mt 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you (the few) to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them (the many) it is not given.
Why do you think Jesus spoke in riddles to the masses? Wasn't it to get them to think about what he was saying, and take it to heart -- to quicken their imaginations, so that they would "get it?" You're presenting this as if Jesus was using a secret code, so that only"the few" would be able to understand.
No what you point out is “that probably was not the writers intention” and then you tell me if I back something up with other scripture from somewhere else in the bible you tell me im wrong because im proof-texting or taking something out of context and then I show how God instructed everyone on how to understand and you still think im wrong.
That's right. improper reading will not yield proper understanding. If you don't know what the writer intended to write, you don't know what the writer intended to write. You only know what you understand him to have written. Basing an interpretation on your own understanding isn't good enough.

Yes. You're wrong in the way you understand how God instructed us.
Lets get this straight. I use scripture to interpret scripture.
You can't use something as a tool to interpret something, when that tool, itself, hasn't been properly interpreted. This doesn't work.
You use theologians theories on what MAY be the reason why someone wrote something to interpret scripture.
No, I use exegetes' scholarship on what may be the reasons. (There's a big difference between exegesis and theology.)
Now you tell me which is correct.
It's not a matter of black-and-white. It's a matter of negotiating a huge grey area. I trust the lamp of scholarship in areas of translation, exegesis, criticism, history, archaeology, anthropology, etc. to get me as close as can be gotten.
Right and when a document tells you in plain language to “put your first name here” it takes a lot of knowledge to do this.
Here's your bugaboo: The Bible is not written "in plain language." It's written in language that needs translation and interpretation.
God tells you its line upon line and precept upon precept here a little there a little/rightly divide the word/no scripture is of its own interpretation and you say im foisting stuff.
Not in terms of exegesis.
Yes. You're foisting a methodology upon an exercise that methodology was never meant to serve.
Besides its laughable when you speak of knowledge
How so?
Why cant you admit and see the errors of the church.
I do admit the errors of the Church. They just aren't what you think they are.
The gargoyles and sexual innuendo’s all around their buildings and paintings etc etc etc and you refuse to open your eyes and see the truth of the church.
Could be possible that you're misinterpreting the symbolism...
Wasn’t it you who said to me you can see anything into a scripture if you wanted and that don’t make it true?
Something like that.
Well even with the trinity if you carefully read the words you still shouldn’t be able to see a trinity.
Who are you to say what we should or should not see?
Talk about seeing something you wanna.
In fact, the Trinity was not "something that we wanted to see." The Trinity is something that is heavily implied, and it causes problems, because it's a mystery. The Trinity doesn't solve anything reasonable. But it does serve insight into who God is.
Ahh the same Christian parroting to keep deceiving the sheeple.
You are in no position to make such an assessment. Frankly, I'm getting real, real tired of you accusing me of deception. In fact, you may be breaking forum rules. Who is more likely to be engaging in deception? One with no authority to make theological calls, who does not use good scholarship in his interpretive methods, who insists on claiming truth? Or one who does have that authority, who uses good scholarship in his interpretive methods, who insists that the Bible can (and does) encompass a polyvalent hermeneutic of God?
that nasty nasty evil doctrine of freewill again.
Case in point.
Do you see it or do I need to show you?
Hubris. You've wasted enough of my time already.
Oh boy! Man you are more lost then what I thought then if you even consider these!
Why? They're all scriptural statements.
The second to the last line reads: "I believe… in the resurrection of THE BODY." Sounds good right? Sounds scriptural right? But is it though? No.
Yes, it is.
Well at least you to believe in universalism
That's the first thing you've gotten right.

AK4

sojourner
many times, the educated know things, and find out new things that are true with regard to scriptural study. But the problem is that, many times, the "sheep" don't want to hear it. They rebuke us for upsetting their faith. They'd rather remain ignorant. And then, when they find out that same truth at a time when they are able to hear and absorb it, they rail at us for "not telling them sooner." It's a lose-lose situation.

The question is…are they really finding any truth anyway.

My church doesn't do this. We encourage study, scholarship, and we welcome differing opinions.

Yet do you do to them what you do to people on here?
Not our leaders.

If this is true I commend you on it.

Sounds like you've been hurt by clergy in the past. This seems reactionary.

If someone or thing (church) teaches you something all your life and then you find out the truth of it and that theyve been lying to you and everyone else, well you do the math. And actually I was never really associated to one church ever or any denomination, but I did believe a lot of the doctrines that are out there…One exception, I always knew from childhood in my heart that if it had something to do with the catholic church then it was wrong and I have yet to find the contrary.

Unfortunately, all we have are translations, unless you read Greek fluently. Even then, all we have are edited copies of originals.

Yes, but you don’t have to be able to read greek fluently to be able to find out what was meaning behind a word or the context for usage or if a word or phrase was translated wrong. That’s why concordances were made

I don't know about "once saved always saved," but I do believe there is wide scriptural support for the stance that God will save every person.

I really do commend you on this.:clap Theres hope yet

Since the Church is a living organism, and not a dead museum exhibit, we must expect growth and evolvement. Today's Church is different than the early followers, in several important ways. Our understanding of who God is, who Jesus is, who we are, has changed as the world has changed. There's nothing wrong with that. I expect there will be more changes, too.

Gods Word/instructions does not change. Niether does the one true meaning of it. Yes there is growth but if it doesn’t grow in truth then its not growth at all. How is todays church different from early followers? Glad you asked

"For I have not shunned to declare unto you ALL THE COUNSEL OF GOD. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to ALL THE FLOCK [the entire Church of God, and remember that ALL of Paul’s epistles were read and distributed by Peter as well to the Jewish saints, II Pet. 3:16-17], over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed THE CHURCH OF GOD, which He has purchased with His own blood. FOR I KNOW THIS, that after my departing shall GRIEVOUS WOLVES enter in among you, NOT SPARING THE FLOCK. Also of your OWN SELVES shall men arise, speaking PERVERSE THINGS, to DRAW AWAY DISCIPLES AFTER THEM. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day WITH TEARS [Paul knew and could see how horribly deceived the Church of God was to become]. And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified" (Acts 20:27-32).

"But there were false prophets [teachers] also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers AMONG YOU, who privately shall bring in DAMNABLE HERESIES, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And MANY shall follow their pernicious [lascivious, licentious, wanton] ways; by reason of whom the way of the truth shall be EVIL spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words MAKE MERCHANDISE OF YOU…" (II Pet. 2:1-3).

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, [a prophet is also a teacher and prophesying is teaching], and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive THE VERY ELECT" (Matt. 24:24).

I don't buy into your basis for understanding. I don't have to. You have an understanding of the NT that is based in subjectivity. That's fine for you. It's not for most of the rest of us. I'm glad you have an understanding that works for you. God will take care of the rest.

But you need to understand that not everyone has that same understanding (nor do they need to). You further need to understand that your approach is not effective in getting your point across to the rest of us.

You speak as if there is more than one truth, more than one understanding of scriptures. No this is completely false.

My approach may need some polishing in your opinion and maybe others but am I seeking mans approval? I do as the spirit leads me, that’s all.

AK4

Consider this written in 1st. Thessalonians 5: 23, "Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our lord Jesus Christ."
In Hebrews 4: 12, we read, "for the word of God is living and active an sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joint and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions o the heart.
please consider also, yes God put two things in man, but when man eat the fruit man changed, so that change could be the third thing. Good and evil = conscience maybe! Because he became aware that he was naked.
So I believe that we are three in one person, so I have a conscience, an intellect, and a body. which is me three in one.
And in Genesis 3: 22, we read, "Then the Lord God said, "behold, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil." Obviously man acquired something of God and is that aquisition the consciences of good and evil?

A question for you; what is the original sin of Adam which is with us to this day?

Trick question. Original sin is another teaching of the church thats false. You are assuming that Adam was perfect when created right? No and yes is the answer here. Yes as in all of God creations, they are creation perfect for the purpose of what God created them for. Adam and Eve already had lust and disobedience in their hearts before the serpent approached them. Eve lusted before she ever actually ate of the fruit.

It was death Adam passed on not sin

Rom. 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin: and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

A better translation helps our understanding:

"Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all mankind on which all sinned..." (Concordant Literal New Testament).

Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners..."

They were made sinners by virtue of the fact that they received adams mortality ( death) not his sin. We sin because we are mortal [dying]. We have no spiritual strength to combat our carnal, sinning,dying, flesh. Hence all sin because we are mortal. Adam sinned because he was mortal. "It is appointed unto ALL men once to die"

Yet you do know there are two types of deaths right? spiritual and physical

Last edited:

sojourner

Yet do you do to them what you do to people on here?
When it comes time to debate, we debate. And we demand that points be supported by honest and thorough scholarship.
I always knew from childhood in my heart that if it had something to do with the catholic church then it was wrong and I have yet to find the contrary.
That seems perfunctory. Do you mean "Catholic" as in RCC, or "catholic" as in "the church throughout the world?
Yes, but you don’t have to be able to read greek fluently to be able to find out what was meaning behind a word or the context for usage or if a word or phrase was translated wrong. That’s why concordances were made
Concordances don't do that. How do you know if a word or phrase was translated "wrong?"
At some point, you've got to trust the translators, because they're all we've got. Thankfully, there are some very good translations out there.
Gods Word/instructions does not change. Niether does the one true meaning of it.
No, but our perception of it does change. For example, I suspect that, to an ancient, nomadic people, or to those living on subsistence farming, who were plagued by war, famine, disease, inadequate water and nutrition, etc, "subdue the earth and fill it" had a far different connotation than it does for we who live in an overpopulated world that we're systematically screwing up with our "industry."
Yes there is growth but if it doesn’t grow in truth then its not growth at all.
I trust that it has -- with some exceptions.
How is todays church different from early followers?
Foremost, we are part of an imperialized Church -- that is, we are part of what drives the system of society. Not so for the early followers. That IMO, is one of the biggest mistakes that was made in Church development. Being imperialized has all kinds of implications for us, as we relate to the texts, that was not so for early Christians in hiding, in the minority, under persecution, etc.
"For I have not shunned to declare unto you ALL THE COUNSEL OF GOD. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to ALL THE FLOCK [the entire Church of God, and remember that ALL of Paul’s epistles were read and distributed by Peter as well to the Jewish saints, II Pet. 3:16-17], over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed THE CHURCH OF GOD, which He has purchased with His own blood. FOR I KNOW THIS, that after my departing shall GRIEVOUS WOLVES enter in among you, NOT SPARING THE FLOCK. Also of your OWN SELVES shall men arise, speaking PERVERSE THINGS, to DRAW AWAY DISCIPLES AFTER THEM. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day WITH TEARS [Paul knew and could see how horribly deceived the Church of God was to become]. And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified" (Acts 20:27-32).

"But there were false prophets [teachers] also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers AMONG YOU, who privately shall bring in DAMNABLE HERESIES, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And MANY shall follow their pernicious [lascivious, licentious, wanton] ways; by reason of whom the way of the truth shall be EVIL spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words MAKE MERCHANDISE OF YOU…" (II Pet. 2:1-3).

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, [a prophet is also a teacher and prophesying is teaching], and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive THE VERY ELECT" (Matt. 24:24).
Been there...done that...cried into the T-shirt. Yet, the Community survives and still has Christ at its head and in its heart.
You speak as if there is more than one truth, more than one understanding of scriptures. No this is completely false.
The test of scripture isn't it's truth, but it's polyvalent nature.

AK4

Freespirit

Consider this written in 1st. Thessalonians 5: 23. In Hebrews 4: 12,
please consider also, yes God put two things in man, but when man eat the fruit man changed, so that change could be the third thing. Good and evil = conscience maybe!

Here is a couple of excerpts to think on

It is true that we all speak of "THE soul" as if there is a separate entity inside of our body that is called "the soul." Not true. Without the spirit there is NO SOUL. Without the body there is NO SOUL. Take a blue piece if transparent plastic or cellophane. Place it half way over a same size piece of yellow cellophane. You will have blue on one side, yellow on the other, and GREEN in the middle. The blue is the body, the yellow is the spirit, and the GREEN IS THE SOUL. Notice that there is NO SOUL without the blue body and the yellow spirit. Separate the blue and yellow cellophane and the GREEN soul disappears. This is exactly how the human soul must be combined with a body and spirit, or IT DOES NOT EVEN EXIST. They are very closely related and appear to overlap, but there are distinction between soul and spirit. Understood? Good.

Satans trinity of man----Did you ever wonder why it is that so many Christians are almost violently opposed to our teaching that exposes the trinity theory? Just why is the trinity the bedrock of all Christian doctrines along with the immortal soul and judgment upon death theory? Because man desperately wants to believe that he too is a "trinity" composed of three separate entities of body, soul, and spirit in one being, and that he is really immortal even though his physical body will die. Virtually every pagan religion in the world believes man is immortal as the gods. It is too frightening for them to believe that when they die, they are really dead, and that they will remain dead until or unless God resurrects them back to life.
Did the ancient Egyptians believe in the trinity of man: body, soul, and spirit? Yes, of course they did. The soul of man, called Ba, was the consciousness of the man and dwelled inside the body. The spirit-like aspect of man was called Ka. The Ka was like an invisible spirit double of the man. Both the Ka and the Ba where present in every human at birth. The Ba (soul) was pictured as a bird with the head of a man. Every evening the Ba could leave the mummy body and return back to earth among the living and check on friends and relatives. This is how the dead could keep in contact with the living. This is in fact the same hocus-pocus that medians deceitfully use to deceive people into believing that one can communicate with their dead loved-ones.
There is more superstition and witchcraft in some Christian doctrines than any theologian would ever admit to. The souls of people do not go to a heaven or hell upon death. Such doctrines are straight out of the tombs of the Pagan Egyptians.
This trinity of man and immortality of the soul nonsense is Egyptian (SIN), not Scriptural (RIGHTEOUSNESS).
THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH IS THE ROMAN CHURCH

ETERNITY: Make no mistake about it, the Protestant Church has and always will bow to the authority of the Roman Church. No matter how many adjustments, additions, or deletions they make to their Roman heritage, they are still, nonetheless, Roman to the core. Every time you open your King James Bible and believe that it’s pages are "inerrant," you bow to the Catholic Church.
"Eternity" is not an Hebrew word, neither is it Greek, nor English. Then why is it found in your King James Bible? Who put it there and from where did it come?
Our [now] English words "eternal" and "eternity" come from the Latin word aevum. Dictionaries define this word as meaning, "lifetime, life, age, mankind living at a particular time." From aevum comes aeviternus¸ and the adjective aeternus which is our English word eternal. The doctrine of "everlasting punishment" is based on this LATIN word borrowed from the CATHOLIC Vulgate Bible.
I said that "everlasting punishment" is NOT SCRIPTURAL, but is based on the Latin word aeternus which comes directly out of the Catholic Vulgate Bible.
Satan is a master at what he does, and what he does is DECEIVE (Rev. 12:9). How could Satan get the entire Church of Christ to believe in and worship the rank paganism of sinful Egypt? By writing manuscripts discrediting God’s Word?
By getting men to accuse God falsely? By getting a bunch of kids to start churches of Satanism? No, nothing so elaborate. Such things are but smoke screens. All Satan did to change the ENTIRE Word of God from something meaningful and marvelous into something dreadful and deplorable, was to change the meaning of one little word. ONE WORD, would "deceive the WHOLE WORLD" (Rev. 12:9).
The doctrine came from Egypt, from where it was borrowed by the Greeks, and passed on to the Romans. In order for the Catholic Church to hold on to this pagan doctrine, so as to have almost supernatural power over the people by the use of this fear doctrine, they found it needful to find a way to interject this most damnable of all pagan doctrines, into the very translation of the Scriptures themselves. This is the single most egregious sin against "man adding unto the things of God’s word" in the history of God’s recorded word.

Because he became aware that he was naked.
Obviously man acquired something of God and is that aquisition the consciences of good and evil?

Think about it spiritually, he became aware he was naked---what does being naked mean in scripture spiritually? (Rev 3:17, 16:15, 17:16). The conscience thing—may or may not stand because even those mentioned in verse 3:17 don’t even realize they are naked. So that brings up if they really, really knew good and evil before eating the fruit. Hmmmm.

Also Eve did know if it was right or wrong to take of the fruit before actually eating it

2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'"

AK4

Exactly right! Who are you to say that anyone contradicts "God's Word" with any authority?

Ahhh perfect (and no i am not claiming to be Him, we are told be like Him)

Matthew 21:23-27
23 And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority? 24 And Jesus answered and said unto them, I also will ask you one thing, which if ye tell me, I in like wise will tell you by what authority I do these things....And he said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things. But you know, so heres your answer

Mr 13:34 - For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Whether you accept it or not i am not "excersing" any authority. Again i am just showing you scriptures

BTW, just why aren't you displaying a servant's heart? Especially to those in need?

Am i not? Am i not giving to the poor as i type this to you and whoever else is reading now? Am i not washing your feet before i submit my posts? Do you get it this yet? Do you understand this speech? Do you understand what Jesus meant when He said to sell all your possesions and follow Him? Do you understand what He meant when He said His words were spirit?

AK4

Jesus did talk about the "called" and the "chosen," but that was not the "major division," as the gospel writers portrayed it.

False premise. You don't get to automatically claim that the majority is "wrong," based upon a passage of scripture that doesn't even really support your argument. The "few" Jesus talked about were the Church, as opposed to the "not-Church."

Really? and it is those like atheists, satanists, muslims etc etc who call Jesus Lord and do many wonderful works IN HIS NAME and cast out demons IN HIS NAME and prophecy (teach) IN HIS NAME? NO Jesus will say to believers/christians depart from me

22 Many will say to me (Jesus) in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them (who? atheists, muslims, satanists etc etc. No so-called christians), I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

why?

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Also the parable of the sower and seed clear shows this division. Revelations states this plainly about those who overcome. This isnt about non-believers (but oh they will get their chance too) its about those who are believers.

free spirit

I'm not surprised at you condemning homosexuality. it is not a sin. Full stop.
If that is the case God has no morality, Or you have no conscience left, I urge you to reconsider.

What do we disciples do with those who are not "one of us," but who "cast out devils anyway"? Rebuke them?
No our religious cousins have a ministry to perform, like John the baptist, to prepare the people for the Lord. In other words the children of God are selected from among the fight-full in church doctrine.
Third party perspective, for one thing. But you're coming at it backward. You're looking at yourself and trying to mold God into your own image, instead of perceiving God and molding yourself into God's image.
Well I know that I was made in the image of God, so if I can understand my own composition I would also get a fogy idea of God's form. I do try to make my character like his in Christ Jesus.
I'm not an apostle. Why would I do what Paul did? Neither you nor I are in a position to determine whether or not someone else is "misinformed." And we definitely don't have the authority to call anyone else on the carpet. Instead of looking for division, why not look for and embrace the commonalities?
The commonalities are a given, for they are basic human nature; but the misinformation is endearing them to reach maturity in Christ, and if they are my brothers in Christ, I with fear and trembling have to let them know.
Most believers can only see? First off, in what way are you astute enough to know what most people see?

Because most people are kindhearted, and human physical needs are obvious.
Secondly, in what way is the Church uninvolved in acts of compassion?
I did not say they are uninvolved.
First of all, Paul had authority to do those things. Second, he was killed for doing them. Third, not everyone has the authority that Paul did.
more to the point; would you receive Paul or Jesus if they would visit your church and try to correct its teachings? Or has your denomination imprison you?
Oh, nothing has changed, all right. Strange as it may seem, callous religious devotees love their own ideas so much, that they cannot stop railing on the community, calling it "misinformed," "evil," and "a pack of liars," nor can they receive the embrace of the community amongst whom and in whom and with whom Christ lives.
[/QUOTE]
No I am not like that, but I have yet to learn how to tell the truth without also indirectly tell that they are believing a lie.
A case in point is your believe that homosexuality is not a sin; how can you believe that.

sojourner

Matthew 21:23-27
23 And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority? 24 And Jesus answered and said unto them, I also will ask you one thing, which if ye tell me, I in like wise will tell you by what authority I do these things....And he said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.
Irrelevant, for you are not Jesus, and I am not a Pharisee. Being like Jesus does not include usurping his authority, for it makes you like the Pharisees in the passage you quoted.
Whether you accept it or not i am not "excersing" any authority. Again i am just showing you scriptures
Bull crap, because, by quoting the scriptures in answer to my questions, you imply either that you possess the good qualities presented therein, or that I possess the bad qualities presented therein.
The implication in this case is the same as usurping authority that is not yours. Plus it shows how you twist the scriptures you hold in such high regard, in the same way you claim that the Church does, thereby making you worse than those you rebuke. The parable in question does not mean that "all servants of Christ have the authority" to tell others that they're contradicting the Word. Hence, the passage does not support your argument. You're just using it as filler. Which is wrong.
Am i not giving to the poor as i type this to you and whoever else is reading now?
No, you're "giving it" to them -- in other words, handing everyone a line, beating us over the heads with it, touting how you're right and the entire organized Church is wrong.
Am i not washing your feet before i submit my posts?
No, you're not. what would make you think that you are?
Do you get it this yet?
I don't "get it this" anything.
Do you understand this speech?
I haven't heard a speech yet. How can I understand what has not been presented?
Do you understand what Jesus meant when He said to sell all your possesions and follow Him?
I understand what the gospel writer meant when he quoted Jesus as saying this to a rich young man.
Do you understand what He meant when He said His words were spirit?
Better than you will ever know.
None of this has anything to do with the fact that you're coming off as some kind of authoritative pundit where theology is concerned, when you really have no basis for presenting yourself as such.

free spirit

Trick question. Original sin is another teaching of the church thats false. You are assuming that Adam was perfect when created right? No and yes is the answer here. Yes as in all of God creations, they are creation perfect for the purpose of what God created them for. Adam and Eve already had lust and disobedience in their hearts before the serpent approached them. Eve lusted before she ever actually ate of the fruit.

It was death Adam passed on not sin

Rom. 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin: and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

A better translation helps our understanding:

"Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all mankind on which all sinned..." (Concordant Literal New Testament).

Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners..."

They were made sinners by virtue of the fact that they received adams mortality ( death) not his sin. We sin because we are mortal [dying]. We have no spiritual strength to combat our carnal, sinning,dying, flesh. Hence all sin because we are mortal. Adam sinned because he was mortal. "It is appointed unto ALL men once to die"

Yet you do know there are two types of deaths right? spiritual and physical

THE BIRTH OF SIN

Many Christians, and many Christian denominations struggle to define the origin of the original sin, for most of us have never considered that when Adam sinned the origin of sin become an integral part of our human character. It is something innate and undetectable. So in order to understand sin and humanity’s fall from grace we must begin where it all started and that is from the first sinner, “Lucifer” and the sin he committed. We all know that Lucifer’s sin was to covet the likeness of the Most High God for in Isaiah 14: 14, we read: “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.”

Adam’s sin was to follow “Lucifer” and allow himself to covet knowledge equal to God, for in Genesis 3: 4 to 6, we read: “And the serpent said to the women. “You surely shall not die! For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, (gratification of the body) and that it was a delight to the eyes, (gratification of the senses) and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, (gratification of the ego) she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.”

In contrast Jesus’ loving character did not covet equality with God, for we read in,
Philippians 2; 3 to 7: “Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves, which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,but emptied himself, taking the form of a bondservant.”

Therefore, we should realise that coveting is Lucifer’s sinful character, obviously Adam was enticed to follow him in disregard of God’s commandment, and by that action Adam made coveting the evil integral part of the human character. It remained the integral undisputed ruler of our lives until the law given to Moses contained the commandment, “You shall not covet,” for we read in Romans 7: 7 to 8: “What shall we say then? Is the law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the law; for I would not have known aboutcovetingif thelaw had not said, ‘you shall not covet.’ But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in mecoveting of every kind; for apart from the law sin is dead.”

The many insidious components of this sin of “coveting” is made clear still when we read 1st Corinthians 10: 1 to 11, for it says: “For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and all were baptised into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; and all ate the same spiritual food; and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ. Nevertheless, with most of them God was not well pleased, for they were laid low in the wilderness. Now these things happened as examples for us, that we should not crave evil things, as they also craved. And do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written:“The people sat down to eat and drink, and stood up to play, (Follow the god of riches.) Nor let us act immorally, as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in one day. Nor let us try the Lord, as some of them did, and were destroyed by the serpents. Nor grumble, as some of them did, and were destroyed by the destroyer. Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the end of the ages have come.”

From the above list of sins we can see that the most elusive sin is idolatry of riches represented by the golden calf, which was made to go before the people. (Exodus 32: 1 to 6.) If you care to look around you even today people of the world are chasing and dreaming of the comforts of riches.

Also many unsuspecting believers are motivated and led astray by the “golden calf,” for they have fixed their hope on the deceitfulness of riches, which is known today among the evangelicals as the “gospel of prosperity.” For we read in 1st Timothy 6: 5 to 9: “And constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose thatgodlinessis a means of gain. But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. And if we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmfuldesires, which plunge men into ruin and destruction.”

For that reason we should not use godliness to covet earthly gain, for he has given witness to our spirit that we should complement godliness with contentment.

At this point we all should understand that there is nothing wrong with hard and honest work, or good honest business practices, for with those righteous practises we believers will find approval among men and prosperity in this world. For we read in Ephesians 6: 5 to 9: “Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; not by way of eye-service, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. With good-will render service as to the Lord, and not to men, knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free. And, masters, do the same things to them, and give up threatening, knowing that both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.”

Last edited:

sojourner

Really!
and it is those like atheists, satanists, muslims etc etc who call Jesus Lord and do many wonderful works IN HIS NAME and cast out demons IN HIS NAME and prophecy (teach) IN HIS NAME? NO Jesus will say to believers/christians depart from me

22 Many will say to me (Jesus) in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them (who? atheists, muslims, satanists etc etc. No so-called christians), I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

why?

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
None of this really has anything to do with "called vs. chosen" passage you cited. But I'm sure you'll dream up some convoluted connection to shame us with.
Also the parable of the sower and seed clear shows this division.
The parable of the sower and the seed does not show division, as you conceptualize it here. This parable isn't a judgment, but a device to take away the distinction between the religious elite and the commoner.

sojourner

If that is the case God has no morality, Or you have no conscience left, I urge you to reconsider.
What's immoral about creating us as we are? What is unprincipled about including those who are being true to themselves? I urge you to reconsider.
No our religious cousins have a ministry to perform, like John the baptist, to prepare the people for the Lord.
To color the religion of others with Christian determinism is immoral and unprincipled.
In other words the children of God are selected from among the fight-full in church doctrine.
We are all children of God.
Well I know that I was made in the image of God, so if I can understand my own composition I would also get a fogy idea of God's form.
The nature of the relationship between your body, intellect and spiritual awareness is not an adequate mirror for the Trinity.
The commonalities are a given, for they are basic human nature;
They aren't rooted in "basic human nature." But they are a given, for unity is an attribute of God. Why not celebrate that, and let the divisioin take care of itself, as in the parable of the wheat and the tares?
Because most people are kindhearted, and human physical needs are obvious.
How is that an indicator that most do not see deeper than that?
First of all, Paul had authority to do those things. Second, he was killed for doing them. Third, not everyone has the authority that Paul did. more to the point; would you receive Paul or Jesus if they would visit your church and try to correct its teachings?
That's less to the point, because Paul and Jesus would both have the authority to teach. You do not.
Or has your denomination imprison you?
Most denominations (as far as I'm aware -- at least the major ones) are organized so as to remain open to Christ's teachings, through his authorized agents in the Church.
A case in point is your believe that homosexuality is not a sin; how can you believe that.
A good case i npoint. Let's run with that for a minute.
How can you believe that it is? Maybe you're wrong. Maybe you don't have a handle on truth in this case.

free spirit

What's immoral about creating us as we are.
How can you believe that it is? Maybe you're wrong. Maybe you don't have a handle on truth in this case.

yes if anyone can be born eunuch, one can be born guy, so he can be born with pyromania, or with kleptomania, or can be born with a tendency to kill. All good or bad can manifest in anyone life. But what we actually do is our responsibility. For we read in genesis 4: 6 - 7, "then the lord said to Cain, "why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it,"
Genesis 1:28, we read and God blessed them; and God said to them, " Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth." God's intentions are clear He blesses Adam and Eve, and that blessing is still good today. Homosexuality even if you were born with it, still remains a choice for you to act it out; in other words you had the power to master it, and not to became its slave.

Last edited:

sojourner

yes if anyone can be born eunuch, one can be born guy, so he can be born with pyromania, or with kleptomania, or can be born with a tendency to kill. All good or bad can manifest in anyone life. But what we actually do is our responsibility. For we read in genesis 4: 6 - 7, "then the lord said to Cain, "why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it,"
Genesis 1:28, we read and God blessed them; and God said to them, " Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth." God's intentions are clear He blesses Adam and Eve, and that blessing is still good today. Homosexuality even if you were born with it, still remains a choice for you to act it out; in other words you had the power to master it, and not to became its slave.
I don't intend for this to be derailed into yet another lame, anti-gay thread. I'll just ask you why it's OK to ask anyone to curb their natural sexuality, just because you happen to be uncomfortable with it. Homosexuality does not result in illegal or destructive behavior, such as the things you listed above. It is not listed in the DSM as deviant behavior. Can we get back to the topic at hand, plz???

free spirit

What's immoral about creating us as we are? What is unprincipled about including those who are being true to themselves? I urge you to reconsider.
Yes I am reconsidering. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

To color the religion of others with Christian determinism is immoral and unprincipled.
how do you explain this then! Luke 16: 27 to 31, for we read, " and he said, then I beg you father, that you send him to my father's house for i have five brothers that he may warn them, lest they also come to this place of torment. but Abraham said, they have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. but he said, no father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent! But he said to him, if they do not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead. So according to the above one has to believe in a religion before he can believe the Lord.
We are all children of God.
Yes but some are disobedient and some are obedient.
The nature of the relationship between your body, intellect and spiritual awareness is not an adequate mirror for the Trinity.
I did not say mirror, but a fogy vision, but please tell me your idea.

They aren't rooted in "basic human nature." But they are a given, for unity is an attribute of God. Why not celebrate that, and let the divisioin take care of itself, as in the parable of the wheat and the tares?
It is more easily said than done, on my part, for I cannot fellowship with those brothers that are no brothers, I must be true to my self. I do not attend church because without wanting to, I find myself judging what the pastor is saying, and most of the time I like to tell him a better way, a simpler way, a growing in the spirit way. the day will come when i will be send out with the authority of the Holy Spirit. I must be patient until that day.

How is that an indicator that most do not see deeper than that?
That's less to the point, because Paul and Jesus would both have the authority to teach. You do not.
How do you know,Jesus was not received by those in authority nor was Paul, but we do, also the Jews killed the prophets, but their children said they would have not killed them. well anyone can believe after the event. So I ask would you be able to recognize the men send by God? or would you dismiss him as a deceiver, because he is not in agreement with your doctrine.
Most denominations (as far as I'm aware -- at least the major ones) are organized so as to remain open to Christ's teachings, through his authorized agents in the Church.
Yes but the Lord will send men to them to see if they have ears to listen still, most of the time those men have no standing in the comunity, like he did in the hold days
truth is holiness, you aider are holy or you are not, no half way, no way. God is a benevolent dictator, he does not change to our political correctness. What is DSM?

Last edited: