• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you understand the New Testament

free spirit

:angel2:
Yep I have been here for a fiew days now but I have allready being wounded, it is war out there the ardest of them are the religious devotees, that is not new I guess because only religious devottes will kill a holy man like 2000 years ago.
Well I am Mr. averige nothing special eccept that I understand the New Terstament and that gets me into trouble all the time. Yep they even use my poor spelling to get at me. I am allergic to pain so if it doesn't get to hot I stay.
love you all :cheer:

GiantHouseKey

Greetings

Yep I have been here for a fiew days now but I have allready being wounded, it is war out there the ardest of them are the religious devotees, that is not new I guess because only religious devottes will kill a holy man like 2000 years ago.
Well I am Mr. averige nothing special eccept that I understand the New Terstament and that gets me into trouble all the time. Yep they even use my poor spelling to get at me. I am allergic to pain so if it doesn't get to hot I stay.

Firstly, welcome to RF! I hope you like it here.

Secondly, this is probably not the place to post this thread. It's alright though: We all make mistakes like this, especially when we're new! If you want to post something like this i'd say Religious Debates is the way forward :)

When you say you 'understand' the New Testament, what exactly do you mean? And when you say 'it gets you in trouble', what sort of trouble are you referring to?

GhK.

free spirit

To GiantHouseKey,
:D
Thanks for the welcome, yes I like to be on the debates page, but I am not able to get there, one day I will be able to ask my infant gran daughter to navigate for me to that place.

Well about thirty year ago the Lord opened my mind to understand the scriptures, (Luke 24 - 45) since then I have been asked to leave various congregation, because i was sharing my views, which some time are contrary to popular believes. they do not want to know, I do present my views with reason, quiterly and respectfully, and scripture to back them up, but they do not want to know. And some in this forum are also angry with me for saying such things. Visit my thread "RIGHTLY DIVID THE WORD" and you will see the cause of my troubles. Should I put a sock in my mouth?

abilash81

hi this is abilash. i am from india. i am a hindu i ahev recently read so called bible. to be frank i dont find any thing good in this..... all things i dont belive why do you guys say this is great.... i dont find any thing good in the so called holy book..*edit*

Last edited by a moderator:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend free spirit,
Though am born in a family following *sanatan dharma* popularly understood as *hinduism*.
Have read the bible both old and new.
Have read on most religions.
BUT do not follow any organized religion.
All religious scriptures have deep messages which are mostly interpreted by those who are not enlightened and so the real meaning gets lost.
It helps when a living master helps in unravellings the hidden messages BUT then they are so few that only few can be near them.
However, if you wish can discuss or swap our understanding from any part of the bible which you wish for which just type out the text and your own understanding then shall revert with mine.
Love & rgds

free spirit

hi this is abilash. i am from india. i am a hindu i ahev recently read so called bible. to be frank i dont find any thing good in this..... all things i dont belive why do you guys say this is great.... i dont find any thing good in the so called holy book.. all rubbish
Hi! Abilash welcome to the forum.:foryou:
The Bible is a special book it reavils nothing to the unbeliver, but it is a treasure to the believer, it contains things that a child in Christ can understand as well as things for the mature Christian. the teachings a gratual like the days you went to school, and the teaching is about the love of God for umanity, and how to be holy as he is holy.
Right now If you believe in a holy and merciful God you are closer to him that you could ever immagin.

tomspug

Absorbant
You understand the New Testament? Which part? Something tells me that your knowledge may be significantly less than you imply.

free spirit

Friend free spirit,
Though am born in a family following *sanatan dharma* popularly understood as *hinduism*.
Have read the bible both old and new.
Have read on most religions.
BUT do not follow any organized religion.
All religious scriptures have deep messages which are mostly interpreted by those who are not enlightened and so the real meaning gets lost.
It helps when a living master helps in unravellings the hidden messages BUT then they are so few that only few can be near them.
However, if you wish can discuss or swap our understanding from any part of the bible which you wish for which just type out the text and your own understanding then shall revert with mine.
Love & rgds

Hi! My friend;
I am a Christian but do not follow any denomination because as you said they do not understand, they have an interpretation but no understanding.
I have just posted for ABILASH in this thread and he also wants to know the understanding of the bible.
where do you want to go with this, because first you have to be a believer in the existence of a holy and mercifull God, than you have to have the desire to go to him, only than the spirit of his son will guide you to him. Read 2 peter 1 - 1 to 11.
these criptures are the foundation of Christian life. Yes, it will be a blessing for us both
Love you in the Lord.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend free spirit,

because first you have to be a believer in the existence of a holy and mercifull God,

You have laid some conditions which one has to sort out before we can advance.
What is *god*?
god is only a concept developed by humans towards an understanding.
Understanding that everything is energy. Energy is neither created nor destroyed. Energy only changes forms. Likewise we [humans] are nothing but forms like all other that we see and also that we do not see [no forms] are also energies.
This totality of energy in this expanding universe is what is referred to as *god*.
Now, your turn.
Love & rgds

free spirit

You understand the New Testament? Which part? Something tells me that your knowledge may be significantly less than you imply.
Your last phrase is not very encouraging, but lets see.
I do not discuss revelation because it leads to speculations and immagination i understand it but i keep the understanding to myself.

In Matthew 6 - 13, part of it reads: "And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil." The verse implies that God leads us into temptation, and the need to ask him not to do that, but to deliver us from evil.
But why should we ask him that? when we all know or should know that the evil of temptation is not in God's character, For we read in Romans 2 - 4, "Or do you think lightly of the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance,"
And we read in James 1- 13, "Let no one say when he is tempted, I am being tempted by God; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and he himself does not tempt anyone. but each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust." And 2 Peter 2 - 9, has no ambiguity of the tru work of the Lord for we read; "The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under darkness for the day of Judgment." So let us put the record straight in harmony with God's true character, in accordance with his true scripture by partly restoring Matthew 6 - 13 to read. "And lead us into REPENTANCE AND deliver us from evil."
NOW the verse reflect the true work and character of our God, after all, we are talking about our heavenly father, therefore, we should know what he does and doesn't do. I am sure, that an evil man, an enemy of Christ has cleverly inserted those lies in there so they would falsely assume the power of the sacred word. And prevent us to truly know and trust our God and father. And that is only a start.

Last edited:

free spirit

Friend free spirit,

You have laid some conditions which one has to sort out before we can advance.
What is *god*?
god is only a concept developed by humans towards an understanding.
Understanding that everything is energy. Energy is neither created nor destroyed. Energy only changes forms. Likewise we [humans] are nothing but forms like all other that we see and also that we do not see [no forms] are also energies.
This totality of energy in this expanding universe is what is referred to as *god*.
Now, your turn.
Love & rgds

I was affright of that,
God is not an energy, all things seen and unseen were made by him, so he has inteligence and character, and he is within our hearts in a smaller version as it were. we were created in his image, so we do not have to go very far to find him.
God is bigger then the universe, the universe cannot contain him, he is like the thought of your mind it goes biyond the end of the universe.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend free spirit,

I was affright of that,
God is not an energy, all things seen and unseen were made by him, so he has inteligence and character, and he is within our hearts in a smaller version as it were. we were created in his image, so we do not have to go very far to find him.
God is bigger then the universe, the universe cannot contain him, he is like the thought of your mind it goes biyond the end of the universe

What you describe is nothing more but only a concept which has been agreed upon to start with. Beyond this is only mind matter or imaginations of the mind.

If you have any existential experience about it, shall be glad to know such experineces.

LOve & rgds

free spirit

Friend free spirit,

What you describe is nothing more but only a concept which has been agreed upon to start with. Beyond this is only mind matter or imaginations of the mind.

If you have any existential experience about it, shall be glad to know such experineces.

LOve & rgds
Hi! Zenzero,
My Friend, yes the fleshly mind can have experiences and allucination.
I did have a spiritual experience, but that was God revealing himself to me, it was not an exciting thing or something to boast about.
And we cannot say God is this and God is that, for if he was this or that he would not be God.
As I said before we were made in his immage, so if you could look inside yoursef and able to find the sourse of your thought and your words you will be looking at the face of God with a small (g) because it will be your own face you will be looking at.
it is written "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. and the knowledge of the Holy one is understanding."
It is simple and it is hard, but tel me about your existential experience.

Last edited:

emiliano

Your last phrase is not very encouraging, but lets see.
I do not discuss revelation because it leads to speculations and immagination i understand it but i keep the understanding to myself.

In Matthew 6 - 13, part of it reads: "And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil." The verse implies that God leads us into temptation, and the need to ask him not to do that, but to deliver us from evil.
But why should we ask him that? when we all know or should know that the evil of temptation is not in God's character, For we read in Romans 2 - 4, "Or do you think lightly of the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance,"
And we read in James 1- 13, "Let no one say when he is tempted, I am being tempted by God; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and he himself does not tempt anyone. but each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust." And 2 Peter 2 - 9, has no ambiguity of the tru work of the Lord for we read; "The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under darkness for the day of Judgment." So let us put the record straight in harmony with God's true character, in accordance with his true scripture by partly restoring Matthew 6 - 13 to read. "And lead us into REPENTANCE AND deliver us from evil."
NOW the verse reflect the true work and character of our God, after all, we are talking about our heavenly father, therefore, we should know what he does and doesn't do. I am sure, that an evil man, an enemy of Christ has cleverly inserted those lies in there so they would falsely assume the power of the sacred word. And prevent us to truly know and trust our God and father. And that is only a start.

Hi I am pretty average as well so let see if we can learn from each other, the first step in the understanding of the scripture that you quoted “And do not lead us into temptation” is to find what temptation is, and to me is the presentation of something that unsettles the soul but we see in scriptures that, that is the way that God guide us, God gave us the moral law and these temptations gives us the opportunity to think and evaluate what to do, because we are not always in His presence there is danger, we could make the wrong decision so we must ask not to be tested “but deliver us from evil” my concept of evil is a lack or absence of goodness in our actions. How confident are you that if you were to face temptation you will do what right (good)? I wouldn’t because I have failed so many times, so I think that the Lord Counsel is good, I ask God not to put me in a situation of temptation. What tempt us? I say the whole of the creation is a temptation because is good and we are attracted to what is good.
Next: "Or do you think lightly of the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance," In this one the key word is repentance that mean a realization that we have failed/sinned and a reminder of the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience” That is that it isn’t one strike and you’re out, God will forgive you if sincerely repent and as we know failures and mistake teach us lessons for the future.
"Let no one say when he is tempted, I am being tempted by God; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and he himself does not tempt anyone. but each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust."
All that the Apostle James is saying is that God cannot do evil acts because He is supremely good, human on the other hand although very good they are not supremely good as God is and they can sin; do evil. Here the key word is lust; our lust.

free spirit

Hi I am pretty average as well so let see if we can learn from each other, the first step in the understanding of the scripture that you quoted “And do not lead us into temptation” is to find what temptation is, and to me is the presentation of something that unsettles the soul but we see in scriptures that, that is the way that God guide us, God gave us the moral law and these temptations gives us the opportunity to think and evaluate what to do, because we are not always in His presence there is danger, we could make the wrong decision so we must ask not to be tested “but deliver us from evil” my concept of evil is a lack or absence of goodness in our actions. How confident are you that if you were to face temptation you will do what right (good)? I wouldn’t because I have failed so many times, so I think that the Lord Counsel is good, I ask God not to put me in a situation of temptation. What tempt us? I say the whole of the creation is a temptation because is good and we are attracted to what is good. Hi! Miliano our covets gives birth to temptation, our covets can be good or bad, our choice is very important for our integrity, if you do not choose wisely you are moving away from God. God does not lead us into temptation, that is the devil work, in the form of our selfish desirers.
Next: "Or do you think lightly of the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance," In this one the key word is repentance that mean a realization that we have failed/sinned and a reminder of the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience” That is that it isn’t one strike and you’re out, God will forgive you if sincerely repent and as we know failures and mistake teach us lessons for the future. Repentance is the way back to God, and by ourselves we do not know the way, that is why we need to be lead by our Lord, you cannot sincerely repent without him. Hebrews 12 - 16 - 17, "That there be no immoral or godkess person like Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal. Fou you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears."
"Let no one say when he is tempted, I am being tempted by God; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and he himself does not tempt anyone. but each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust." yes,
All that the Apostle James is saying is that God cannot do evil acts because He is supremely good, human on the other hand although very good they are not supremely good as God is and they can sin; do evil. Here the key word is lust; our lust.
Human with his Holy Spirit in their hearts can also be supremely good. 1 John 3 - 6 - 7, "No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has seen him or knows him. little children, let no one deceive you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous just as he is righteous."

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend free spirit,

Hi! Zenzero,
My Friend, yes the fleshly mind can have experiences and allucination.
I did have a spiritual experience, but that was God revealing himself to me, it was not an exciting thing or something to boast about.
And we cannot say God is this and God is that, for if he was this or that he would not be God.
As I said before we were made in his immage, so if you could look inside yoursef and able to find the sourse of your thought and your words you will be looking at the face of God with a small (g) because it will be your own face you will be looking at.
it is written "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. and the knowledge of the Holy one is understanding."
It is simple and it is hard, but tel me about your existential experience.

Thank you very much.
You are an enlightened person and know everything.

The CUP is full.
Nothing more can be added.

Best Wishes.
Love & rgds

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

The Bible is a special book it reavils nothing to the unbeliver, but it is a treasure to the believer...

If that were true, then I, as a non-believer, would have gotten nothing from the Bible.

Yet I have. The Bible is a treasure trove of wisdom and philosophy. I personally find the Gospel of John to be beautiful and inspiring.

(BTW, I'd like to point out that the authors of the gospels are anonymous; the names we have for them now were added later by church leaders likely in order to establish some sort of authority.)

It is not a good idea to make such statements as "the Bible is useless to the non-believer" when it's simply not true.

free spirit

If that were true, then I, as a non-believer, would have gotten nothing from the Bible.

Yet I have. The Bible is a treasure trove of wisdom and philosophy. I personally find the Gospel of John to be beautiful and inspiring.

(BTW, I'd like to point out that the authors of the gospels are anonymous; the names we have for them now were added later by church leaders likely in order to establish some sort of authority.)

It is not a good idea to make such statements as "the Bible is useless to the non-believer" when it's simply not true.
Thank you for the correction, But i was speaking to one that had told me that he had read all of the bible and yet he said that was all rubish. However for you it is inspiring, i stand corrected.:eek:
Do you understand the scriptures? Do you have a panoramic view of what is all about?:D

emiliano

Human with his Holy Spirit in their hearts can also be supremely good. 1 John 3 - 6 - 7, "No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has seen him or knows him. little children, let no one deceive you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous just as he is righteous."

I don’t know anybody that has the Holy Spirit 24/7 x52, are you such a person? I know of no one that practices righteousness always. Do you?