• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think/believe that your body was designed/created?

Do you think/believe that your body was designed/created?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hello everybody .

EDITED to add:

I am in discuss with some members , they deny that their body is desinged , and all species,plants...are designed or created,maybe to skip the question "who designed us,and all this life?"

I do believe that it's fact to me and to many people,it's maybe sounds crazy to deny this clear fact, which we are see it and living in it,through it !

Please vote,then explain your opinion
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My body is such a superb specimen of perfected manliness that I have long harbored no doubt at all that I must have been designed --- and surely designed by a remarkably competent and gifted designer. But I've always thought the designer was someone from a Hollywood special effects department. After all, what other kind of organization could possibly create the stunning and magnificent work of art that is me?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
My body is such a superb specimen of perfected manliness that I have long harbored no doubt at all that I must have been designed --- and surely designed by a remarkably competent and gifted designer. But I've always thought the designer was someone from a Hollywood special effects department. After all, what other kind of organization could possibly create the stunning and magnificent work of art that is me?

So you can vote for ?

I am try to make a vote before US election :D

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm assuming that by "designed" you mean intentionally designed.

No, I'm the product of natural selection, like every other life form -- excepting pretty cyborgs like Sunstone, of course.

There is clear evidence of the processes that produced me.
There is no evidence of any alternatives.
Incredulity and ignorance of the mechanisms of natural selection don't count as evidence.
Folklore, tradition and scripture don't count as evidence.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I'm assuming that by "designed" you mean intentionally designed.

No, I'm the product of natural selection, like every other life form -- excepting pretty cyborgs like Sunstone, of course.

There is clear evidence of the processes that produced me.
There is no evidence of any alternatives.
Incredulity and ignorance of the mechanisms of natural selection don't count as evidence.
Folklore, tradition and scripture don't count as evidence.
So "natural selection" designed you in end ?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It is quite obvious to me that my body is the result of a long process of trials and errors. That's why some aspects are superb and some pretty stupid.
An intelligent designer would have combined the best of the designs such as giving us eagle eyes. He wouldn't create a potentially disastrous bottle neck where all our food water and air have to run through the same pipe. Excretion and procreation wouldn't be all together.
Then there are bigger flaws, like our backbone. It is obviously meant to be a suspension bridge, not a tent pole. And gender, think how much better things would work if everyone could produce male and female gametes. We could still swap DNA, but we could reproduce a lot faster if necessary.
Then there is the single biggest aspect of our design. Our mental processes and instincts aren't that different from the apes we evolved from. Most of our immoral behavior is the result of people acting on the irrational impulses we inherit from our ancestors. Those worked well to spread our genes in the natural environment, but are not conducive to living a good life morally.
For instance, why do people put so much effort into sex when they are not in a position to procreate? Because it's hardwired into our brains, that's why. You don't have to teach teenager boys to notice boobs, it happens automatically (usually :) )

Our animal instincts and limited mental functions are why we so often behave badly. If there were a Designer who didn't want us to act like we do it would be easy to change that part of the design.
But there obviously is no such Designer.

To me, this is the main "Problem of Evil". If we weren't born with the instincts of our killer ape ancestors there wouldn't be nearly so much evil in the world. That's God's choice to make every time a new baby comes along.
Tom

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It is quite obvious to me that my body is the result of a long process of trials and errors. That's why some aspects are superb and some pretty stupid.
An intelligent designer would have combined the best of the designs such as giving us eagle eyes. He wouldn't create a potentially disastrous bottle neck where all our food water and air have to run through the same pipe. Excretion and procreation wouldn't be all together.
Then there are bigger flaws, like our backbone. It is obviously meant to be a suspension bridge, not a tent pole. And gender, think how much better things would work if everyone could produce male and female gametes. We could still swap DNA, but we could reproduce a lot faster if necessary.
Then there is the single biggest aspect of our design. Our mental processes and instincts aren't that different from the apes we evolved from. Most of our immoral behavior is the result of people acting on the irrational impulses we inherit from our ancestors. Those worked well to spread our genes in the natural environment, but are not conducive to living a good life morally.
For instance, why do people put so much effort into sex when they are not in a position to procreate? Because it's hardwired into our brains, that's why. You don't have to teach teenager boys to notice boobs, it happens automatically (usually :) )

Our animal instincts and limited mental functions are why we so often behave badly. If there were a Designer who didn't want us to act like we do it would be easy to change that part of the design.
But there obviously is no such Designer.

To me, this is the main "Problem of Evil". If we weren't born with the instincts of our killer ape ancestors there wouldn't be nearly so much evil in the world. That's God's choice to make every time a new baby comes along.
Tom
I am not asking about designer, or way of you think that you designed.

When you look to mirror, do you believe that your are designed or your body random.

What you see ?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not asking about designer, or way of you think that you designed.
When you look to mirror, do you believe that your are designed or your body random.
What you see ?
I believe neither. Not intentionally designed and not random.
Natural selection is not random. It selects.