• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Love or Hate Your Life?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
As I have said many times, this will be one of my lives that I look back on with great fondness. Being, right Here, right Now... is the only way to fly. Not that I haven't had my share of pitfalls, mind you, but I learned to pick myself up and carry on... from a very early age.

That said, I can't really describe what it is like to be in your "final" incarnation. It's quite the trip, I'll tell you that. You'll understand, one day. :)

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Goes up and down, very much in both directions. I wish there wasn't as many downs though.

I get depressed a lot, but I hold on to life. I wouldn't say I like or hate it but I'm trying to make it better.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
I love my life but I hate where it forces me to interface with others because they are the ones who screw everything up.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I am happy with what God has given me of both the good and bad. I actually welcome hardships, they keep me going and connected to God. We always turn to him when facing a hardship. Without hardships one would not know the value of happiness and blessings.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
For the most part, I enjoy my life very much. Some days more than others.

One thing I have learned is to be wary of wishing for something "exciting" to happen. Better to have a "boring" life and invent my own entertainment. :)

idav

Being
Premium Member
I love life. I just hate all the parts out of my control. For some reason this world refuses to constantly bend to my will.:shrug:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I love my life but I hate where it forces me to interface with others because they are the ones who screw everything up.

insanity-feb-challenge-crankyhead-demotivational-posters-1298052141.jpg

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I LOVE my life!

I've had some tough blows through life, many of which I brought on myself by my own poor choices. And unlike what some people say, I DO have one regret -only one, but it's a big one.

You know what though, I'm even glad I have that one regret, because it's taught me a lot about humility and grace. Hard lessons to learn but they come in handy. I only wish I hadn't hurt other people in the course of learning those lessons.

Life is precious, even the mundane parts. Even the painful parts, because without the pain, I am not sure we could appreciate the pleasures fully.

AKHBMN.jpg

4consideration

Premium Member
I love my life.

The first time that someone told me that life was perfect, just the way it is -- it really, totally, pi**** me off. I thought that was probably the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard.

I thought that life was supposed to conform itself to my preference -- and in all areas it did not -- and in all areas that I saw or experienced heart-ache, pain or injustice -- that was simply proof that life was not perfect, that is was all unfair -- and that basically, reality, sucked.

I was wrong. That was one of those times that I was grateful to find that I was wrong.

One of the best exercises that I have found to do when I am feeling like everything is wrong, is simply to choose my life exactly as it is -- all problems, disappointments, etc. included. Choosing it as it is already releases the resistance to what is so that may have built up through unconsciousness. It is amazing the subtle, yet profound difference, that can make for one's own perspective and sense of peace and joy.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I love my life.

The first time that someone told me that life was perfect, just the way it is -- it really, totally, pi**** me off. I thought that was probably the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard.

I thought that life was supposed to conform itself to my preference -- and in all areas it did not -- and in all areas that I saw or experienced heart-ache, pain or injustice -- that was simply proof that life was not perfect, that is was all unfair -- and that basically, reality, sucked.

I was wrong. That was one of those times that I was grateful to find that I was wrong.

One of the best exercises that I have found to do when I am feeling like everything is wrong, is simply to choose my life exactly as it is -- all problems, disappointments, etc. included. Choosing it as it is already releases the resistance to what is so that may have built up through unconsciousness. It is amazing the subtle, yet profound difference, that can make for one's own perspective and sense of peace and joy.

Sounds like a life changing experience. That's nice.