• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like where you live?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I live in a ghetto full of crackheads and crazies, but having a cathedral, capitol building, gardens, fountains, Alano club, and war memorials, in walking distance, makes it best living conditions so far, because there is more silence and beautiful places to go or bike to... (I'm used to lots of noise, roomates, people, and drama. I'm able to find silence and solitude for once... being sober works wonders as well :) )

The two arguably better places were a Carmelite monastery, and a Yacht.

However, at a monastery, you wake up early for morning prayer, and have lots of chores, and obedience to a superior who isn't an Angel, both of which make it less utopian than one would think.

The Yacht would have been great (if it was some beautiful babe I was living with:rolleyes:. ), but the guy that took me off the streets (despite respecting boundaries and being a true friend), was gay and found me "hot", both of which caused discomforting suspicions:eek:, and decreased the quality of living there.

What were the best living conditions you ever had? Do you currently enjoy that luxury?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Nooooo, I miss Lincolnshire :( Yorkshire has some lovely places, I just don't live in any of them.

Lincolnshiiireee

1195171.jpg

Lincolnshire_count_2806158b.jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Nooooo, I miss Lincolnshire :( Yorkshire has some lovely places, I just don't live in any of them.

Lincolnshiiireee

1195171.jpg

Lincolnshire_count_2806158b.jpg
Why thanks for that foretaste of heaven:babyangel::clapping:... I'll honestly dream of the UK to cope with life:handok:... everyone in heaven has an Irish, Scottish, or British accent...or it would not be heaven!:innocent:...
but everybody already knows that! :D

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Yep, wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I'm in a small friendly village on the banks of a large estuary, it's laid back and quiet just like me.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Since 2012 I lived in the Hampton Roads region of Virginia, which is a cluster of small cities located at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. I love it here, especially compared to where I had lived prior.

A lot of state parks, nature preserves, colonial period historical sites, beaches, etc. in the area. A lot of concert venues, museums, festivals, etc. It's a fairly diverse area due to a lot of universities/colleges and military bases in the area. Any kind of food you can think of is just a stones throw away. For the most part, at least from my personal experience, it's fairly laid back and friendly for being a sizable metropolitan area.

I'm originally from a far-flung rural area of Indiana, where there's nothing but factories and farmland. Can't say I miss it, especially since I no longer have family in that area.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Regarding the boat, it's his yacht, beggars can't be choosers, but I felt scared s***less of the guy when he'd walk around his boat practically naked, or i'd use his phone and see some of the websites he frequented...:eek:

But despite a few sinful defects (nobody's perfect) he was more of a Saint than so many proud, self-righteous, judgemental christians. He had a generous heart of gold, would shed tears talking about people's suffering, even teared up when my turantula died (and he didn't even like spiders).

And he was christian, would rebuke me for using God's name in vain, and talk about God, the holy spirit, and prayer, so it irks me when Christians start saying "God hates queers" and sends them to hell.

If God sent this charitable, humble soul to hell, over some preferance he can't choose, would I want to spend eternity worshipping such a cruel, irrational, unjust, merciless, narcissistic sociopath (and bigot)? :rolleyes:

What are the alternatives?...maybe there's other places people can worship Aphrodite, frigg, or Freya? That would be fun! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Revoltistan is home.
Weather is tolerable, & often nice.
No natural disasters or droughts.
Hostas do well.

Edit:
It would be better if Minnesotastan & Pennsylvaniastan were both 300 miles closer.
And if Ontariostan were the 51st state, so that I wouldn't have to drive around Lake Erie.

Last edited:

james blunt

I live in a ghetto full of crackheads and crazies, but having a cathedral, capitol building, gardens, fountains, Alano club, and war memorials, in walking distance, makes it best living conditions so far, because there is more silence and beautiful places to go or bike to... (I'm used to lots of noise, roomates, people, and drama. I'm able to find silence and solitude for once... being sober works wonders as well :) )

However, at a monastery, you wake up early for morning prayer, and have lots of chores, and obedience to a superior who isn't an Angel, both of which make it less utopian than one would think.

The Yacht would have been great (if it was some beautiful babe I was living with:rolleyes:. ), but the guy that took me off the streets (despite respecting boundaries and being a true friend), was gay and found me "hot", both of which caused discomforting suspicions:eek:, and decreased the quality of living there.

What were the best living conditions you ever had? Do you currently enjoy that luxury?
Concrete jungles destroyed heaven .

I am not happy where I live, strangely enough the house I am in now , is the house where I lived as a baby, born here as such .
But we moved from this house when I was about 12. Both my parents died , then strangely I ended up living back at this house.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I am right on the eastern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia. I've lived a lot of places, but this is home.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I am right on the eastern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia. I've lived a lot of places, but this is home.
Robert E Lee must be a God over there and there are statues of him everywhere where people bow, leave flowers, and pay homage...and they wave Confederate flags and chant "Dixie Land" often, correct?
And everyone wears overhauls, has a mullet, decaying teeth, breath you can smell a mile away, a straw hat, chews tobbaco, plays the fiddle , and drinks moonshine?
It's common knowledge!
And you rode your horse to school as a kid? Of course! :D
Sorry, just addicted to giving you a bad time... it's one of the ways I cope with life and medicate my misery :D...hope you understand!

Last edited by a moderator:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I live in Contra Costa County in California. It's OK but far from heaven on Earth. The best part of living here is the weather since we avoid most of what the rest of the US and the world has to put up with.

Flame

Beware
Eastern South Dakota. :D I've lived in large cities on the east coast when I was younger and would never move back. There's something magical about a sunset over the prairie.

IMG_5811.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Robert E Lee must be a God over there and there are statues of him everywhere where people bow, leave flowers, and pay homage...and they wave Confederate flags and chant "Dixie Land" often, correct?
And everyone wears overhauls, has a mullet, decaying teeth, breath you can smell a mile away, a straw hat, chews tobbaco, plays the fiddle , and drinks moonshine?
It's common knowledge!
And you rode your horse to school as a kid? Of course! :D
Sorry, just addicted to giving you a bad time... it's one of the ways I cope with life and medicate my misery :D...hope you understand!

Can't play the fiddle and my moonshine drinkin' days are way behind me.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I loved university life, staying both on-campus and off back in the '60's. It was an exciting time, plus it changed me a ton, coming in as a boy and leaving as a man married to a fantastic woman with a child on the way. As I've covered before in some detail, two very devout women that I had fallen in love with set me on a course that showed me which way to go in my life, along with showing me what was right and moral.

To them, I am eternally grateful, and I still love both of them immensely.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Oops, forgot the OP.

In regards to where I live, which is both near Detroit for 8 months in the the U.P. for 4, I love them both. It's great to experience both as they're quite a contrast to each other, and both have their advantages.

The place I'd really love to live in, however, is Montreal-- love the place!!!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

After a decade in California, now I am back in India. The West was nice, but East is where my heart is. The monsoons have come and the peacocks are dancing. Love it here.