• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Like Apples?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yup like them all. Sweet, sour, crispy, candied, caked, juiced, sauced...I even like the look of the dragon fire roasted ones in Pete's Dragon.

Edit: Not the crab apples in my next door neighbour's garden when I was a boy, however. Nope.

Scrumping crab apples was an great pastime when i was a kid, not good for eating though

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm pretty indiscriminate: any reasonably sweet raw apple is fine. Really tart ones such as granny smith only in cooked food such as mulligatawny.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I like apples, but given the choice, I prefer Honeycrisp, but I understand not everyone who likes apples does.

Do you like apples? If so, what kind?

I love apples. Honey crisp are delicious. But I also like Fuji. My biggest problem is with mealy apples, like Red Delicious, they're gross.

Me and my wife made an apple pie from Honey Crisps and Jonagolds we picked from an orchard in Wisconsin a few years back. Phenomenal.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I love apples. Honey crisp are delicious. But I also like Fuji. My biggest problem is with mealy apples, like Red Delicious, they're gross.

Me and my wife made an apple pie from Honey Crisps and Jonagolds we picked from an orchard in Wisconsin a few years back. Phenomenal.

Once upon a time I was hitchhiking in far western Canada, and got a ride with a guy with a half-ton truck full of fresh red delicious. Because of the era, he knew I would be broke, so when the ride ended he told me to take as many as I wanted for the next day or two's food. Well, when you're broke and hungry, you eat what you can get. Ever since then, I've never really liked red delicious.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not much into fruits. But if i have to pick one then it would be the banana.
Not apples. I hate them.

You know, I'm not much for fruit myself, though I hardly ever hear other people say the same.

I do like fruit as a compliment to other flavors(such as a berry sauce, a lemon cake, or an orange in a salad), but I almost never get the urge to have a piece of fruit on its own. I can eat it, and don't find it unpleasant, but I just have no desire to, typically.

Going to try to make a mango marinade today.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I'm not a big fan of apples. Raw apples from the store seem like zombies--drained of their vitality.
Pears are better, imo.

Granny Smiths are the best. Sour and crisp.

Soft, sweet apples are rank, as are cooked apples and apples in pies :disappointed:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Red Delicious is an oxymoron.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I'm speculating... whizzing into a smoothie...isn't that breaking down the items quite a lot, and one reason for "five a day" is to get lots of unbroken fibrous material. Just a thought.

All the veg that I eat provides that, as does the breakfast bran flakes and granola.
But fine fibre is just as important. A lot of fibre is actually soluble in your stomach and gut.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You know, I'm not much for fruit myself, though I hardly ever hear other people say the same.

I do like fruit as a compliment to other flavors(such as a berry sauce, a lemon cake, or an orange in a salad), but I almost never get the urge to have a piece of fruit on its own. I can eat it, and don't find it unpleasant, but I just have no desire to, typically.

Going to try to make a mango marinade today.

I eat a ton of fruit. My workplace lunch always had a banana, an orange, and an apple. These days, just around the house on a regular day, I'll have a banana, 3 apples, a handful of saskatoons, some pear, some mango, and more if it's around. I swear when we go to Hawaii I practically live off of papaya.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Royal Gala, Pippins for eating
Granny Smith for cooking
Delicious (red or golden) for feeding to the pigs -- too sweet and not a nice grain

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I like apples, but given the choice, I prefer Honeycrisp, but I understand not everyone who likes apples does.

Do you like apples? If so, what kind?
I like apples. Honeycrisp are very good. I also like the variety, Envy. Golden Delicious fresh off the tree turn out to be very refreshing as well.