• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have high self-esteem?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I would like to make self-esteem that comes in tablets or powder that can be injected , swallowed, or smoked.

Mine is forever destroyed as the memories of being insane and an alcoholic drug addict constantly running through the brain, and all of the stupid behaviors that resulted. Whatever you do, please refrain from getting high if doing so caused you regrets, harm to others, or embarrassment. I can never emphasize that enough, because I've seen first hand many lives that are permanently destroyed from mind altering chemicals.

How is your self-esteem?

Axe Elf

Prophet
I would like to make self-esteem that comes in tablets or powder that can be injected , swallowed, or smoked.

The powder form is known as "cocaine"; in liquid form it is known as "alcohol."

How is your self-esteem?

The problem with axually BEING the best is that sometimes simple self-esteem can take on the illusion of arrogance.

But it wouldn't hurt if everyone had a good healthy dose of Elf-esteem...

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I struggled early in life with self-esteem due to unreasonable expectations by my parents. This song really hit home when it was released.

The biggest change in my self-esteem took place when I learned the Four Agreements.

1. Be Impeccable with your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don’t Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don’t Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.

Living by these four tenets led me away from self-judgment and taught me to be secure with myself and to value and love who I am.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Mine is forever destroyed as the memories of being insane and an alcoholic drug addict constantly running through the brain, and all of the stupid behaviors that resulted. Whatever you do, please refrain from getting high if doing so caused you regrets, harm to others, or embarrassment. I can never emphasize that enough, because I've seen first hand many lives that are permanently destroyed from mind altering chemicals.

How is your self-esteem?

Pretty high, ive never needed artificial aids to feel confident about myself.

Sadly not true of everyone but i wish it were.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

How is your self-esteem?

Pretty solid. It's something that's come a looooong way from teenage-me.

It's not a universal thing, though. In some aspects of my life my self-esteem feels almost bullet proof, but other things still give me butterflies.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All it takes is just a good dose of healthy self-acceptance. Put down the stick you beat yourself with, worrying what others may judge you as. It's not about developing self-esteem, it's about stopping self-torture. Then when the negative voices come, they can be ignored as simply irrelevant because you already accept yourself, warts and all. Then you can just be happy as you are. Then you can enjoy the benefits of having a healthy self-esteem.