• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Have a Gas Stove or an Electric One?

Do you have a gas stove or an electric stove?

• Gas. I live in the US.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Electric. I live in the US.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Gas. I live in Europe.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Electric. I live in Europe.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Gas. I live in Australia/New Zealand.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Electric. I live in Australia/New Zealand.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gas. I live elsewhere.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Electric. I live elsewhere.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Propane is twice as energy efficient as natural gas which I think is why some claim its the cleanest fossil fuel.
How are you determining energy efficiency?
But it does win on energy density, since
propane is a liquified petroleum gas (LPG).

We Never Know

No Slack
How are you determining energy efficiency?
But it does win on energy density, since
propane is a liquified petroleum gas (LPG).

"Overall, propane is the more efficient fuel. One cubic foot of propane equals 2,516 BTUs, while one cubic foot of natural gas equals 1,030 BTUs. That means, propane is more than twice the energy of natural gas. While the cost per gallon is less for natural gas, you'll use more of it to heat the same appliances.

Propane vs. Natural Gas: A Comparison For Homeowners | Santa Energy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"Overall, propane is the more efficient fuel. One cubic foot of propane equals 2,516 BTUs, while one cubic foot of natural gas equals 1,030 BTUs. That means, propane is more than twice the energy of natural gas. While the cost per gallon is less for natural gas, you'll use more of it to heat the same appliances.

Propane vs. Natural Gas: A Comparison For Homeowners | Santa Energy.
I wouldn't call that "efficiency".
Yup..."energy density"...like diesel fuel vs gasoline.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a gas stove(and @Secret Chief can tell you that I power it all by myself).

I went out of my way to acquire one; there was an electric one here when I moved in. There are just many things you cannot do with an electric... having the flame is vital for many things.

Stir fry's been mentioned. Roasting vegetables and chilis for Mexican cuisine is a necessary step that can't be skipped over. Kebab requires flame as well.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Electric but find gas useful.

Of course the People's Republic's Supreme Chairwoman wants gas entirely eliminated from the empire of the Great People's Republic of New York.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Propane is twice as energy efficient as natural gas which I think is why some claim its the cleanest fossil fuel.

Closer to 3 times more energy efficient.

Propane or butane has a heat content of 93MJ/M3.
Natural gas has a heat content of 38MJ/M3.

Butane produces slightly less carbon emissions than propane and an awful lot less than natural gas

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I grew up on gas stoves. When I was out on my own, many apartments for obvious reasons don't use gas, but electric. The places I've lived ever since have only had electric. Hated it at first, but have gotten used to it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Try to use a wok on an electric stove
Well, I have an electric wok - not used yet because of some electrical issues - but I did use a flat-bottomed wok quite successfully for many years - on an electric stove. :oops: