• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you fit in...

ayani

well.... not really. i can get along fairly well with different kinds of people, but i don't get especially close to folks.

i enjoy people, but i don't exactly fit in. this used to drive me crazy, but it doesn't really bug me anymore.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
No matter where I go or what kind of group I'm in I stick out like a sore thumb.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I generally get along well with others, love giving good service to my clients, and I enjoy close relationships with my family and one or two girlfriends. I have been told, though, that I'm a non conformist and an independent thinker.

I don't have to agree with individuals or groups in order to be comfortable around them and treat them well.

So...is this fitting in or not? I don't know - but I know I enjoy the company of others and they seem to enjoy my company as well.

J Bryson

I fit in reasonably well. I'm a bit of an oddball in pretty much any group I hang out with (too streetwise for my comic book geek friends, too geeky for my streetwise friends, etc), but I seem to be able to make it work in my favor, and to eventually gain friends no matter where I go.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
You fit in here okay, at least from my perspective. At least your eccentricity isn't that extreme in comparison to the rest of the crowd on this site, and you're eminently likable.

I don't fit in in real life though. My "friends" won't even answer their phones when I call them... That's got to mean something.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I fit in with my friends both at uni and at home. Any further than that and I don't care.

DadBurnett

Instigator
Do I generally fit in? Well now, that depends upom which of life's puzzels I'm in at any one moment. I have triedf to fit into the scenarios of other people's perceptions, but my inquisitive, rebellous nature gets in the way ...

blackout

Violet.
Yes, but do you fit in with a mauve color scheme?

Mauve is a color scheme I can fit in with...
but I find it a little subdued for my personal taste.

Still a richer purple can do very well there,
by standing out and blending
with the right amount of compositional balance & flair.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Usually, no. My problem tends to be that I am not much of a talker. I guess people expect me to carry on conversations all the time, when I think that being quiet can be good sometimes, too. ;) I don't usually have personality clashes, however. I find nearly all people easy to get along with (there are a few exceptions).