• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you feel you are easilly offended?

Are you easilly offended?

• Yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • I can't decide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Sometimes I am amazed by how easilly people are offended. Sometimes disagreement alone is reason enough. Or standard generalization.
Actually .. Often I am amazed.

I can blame that on me though, no problem. I am pretty easy going and it's not easy offending me. I was curious, are you easilly offended? Is there a reason for it?
For example, I never got offended much in my past. Maybe that's why I don't bother it now. On the other hand, maybe I was offended in the past without knowing it .. hmm :sarcastic

Trey of Diamonds

Sometimes I'm amazed at what people consider to be me offended. Any show of passion for a topic and folks assume you've been offended. Then they get offended about it. :rolleyes:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In reality, there is precious little that would offend me. That being said, when I am offended, I don't generally waste much time feeling sorry for myself and the offender finds out the error of their thinking in no uncertain terms -- very quickly.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm easily frustrated and annoyed, but I wouldn't say I'm easily offended.

keithnurse

I'd be willing to bet that God doesn't get offended anywhere near as easily as Muslims and fundamentalist Christians.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I'm only offended by hypocrisy and stupidity - although, I guess impatient and annoyed might be more accurate.

I can't recall ever being offended by an insult.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Never offended easily, but I really get surprised that people don't realize how wonderful I really am.....:rolleyes:.....:D

Delilah Roo

I am not as easily offended when it comes to religion or really important things. But if you say my shoes are ugly you have made an enemy for life!-- Miss Delilah Roo

I was raised in a big family where you could say anything especially if it was funny so I am fairly immune to offense.

HoweverI can be a bit offensive as my upbringing means the self censor button that stops you saying the first thing that pops your head is resting in the off position in mine, a work friend of mine once asked my why the manager asked her if she was on drugs, and I said ' Maybe it's because your pupils are so dilated' :eek: you can't backpeddle from a clunker like that.

I forgot that I do get offended when British people refer to me as British, so I can be easily offended, it just happened again btw.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I used to get easily offended but I don't anymore. I never did try to offend them back, and getting angry just will make people laugh at you. If someone says something hurtful, and my feelings feel a little hurt, I have learned to step back and just reflect on it- and with a little thought I can put into perspective. Just a few thoughts-1. Not everyone is going to like me 2. Just because a few people don't like me doesn't mean I am a bad person. 3. It doesn't matter what others think of you, it really matters what you think of yourself. 4. If someone doesn't like me because of some superficial reason- my faith, my ethnic group, my size, etc- then I don't really want to be that person's friend anyway. :)

Dezzie

Back when I was younger it was always easier to make me offended. Now, I do not honestly care what anyone thinks of me. I'll live my life the way I feel is right... if anyone has a problem with that, they can either ignore it or deal with it.