• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in the afterlife?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Sorry, no belief in any sort of afterlife.

What could it possibly be? The only thing that makes me aware of being me is the ability of my brain to process what my body senses, and to formulate thoughts about what I experience. The only way I even know that I am "me" is the ability of the language areas of my brain to turn that notion into something I can express.

So even if I suspected some sort of residual "spirit" thingy continued on after the death of my body (and I don't), I cannot imagine how it would even know that it existed -- let alone how it could understand (a thinking function) itself.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
As a person who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ: his life here on earth, death, burial, and resurrection and that Jesus is the way, the truth, the life and no one comes to that Father except by and through Christ Jesus.

Romans 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.

Romans 1:16 for I am not ashamed of the good news of the Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to every one who is believing, both to Jew first, and to Greek.

I’m banking on the idea by faith of hopes of the resurrection by God after dying from this life here on earth. I can not prove that the afterlife exists but am banking on going their by and through faith on the Lord Jesus Christ by my willingly choice to have faith and believe.

My understanding of the afterlife is that all people are given spiritual bodies and go on as believers to be with God and the Lord Jesus Christ... I don’t really know what happens to unbelievers other than they are given a spiritual body and are free to roam outside of the kingdom of heaven according to the Revelation 22.

My question is do you believe in the afterlife?
A second question is their judgement going into your afterlife that you believe in?

There is judgement within the context of the Bible for all people after this life.

Yes, I do believe in an Afterlife. And a Day of Judgment.

Kelly of the Phoenix

My question is do you believe in the afterlife?
A second question is their judgement going into your afterlife that you believe in?
Yes, but I don’t think it is tied to a particular religion. Gods are irrelevant. I also believe that we are going to deal with things not dealt with in life. The great thing about the afterlife is that if there is one, great. If not, I wouldn’t be able to care.

InChrist

Free4ever
Sure that it is a white throne? From where do you get that? We do not believe because no proof is provided for what is claimed. Bring proof, we will accept. So, your God will throw us in to the eternal hell where we will be tortured day and night?

Who is “we”? Just curious.

Anyway, the Great White Throne Judgment is referenced in (Revelation 20:11-12). God’s Word is proof, but you are free to believe or not. According to the scriptures, God does not torture anyone (satan does though), nor does God “throw” anyone in the lake of fire, except satan and the demons. Those who end up there are those who refuse God’s gift of eternal life and choose to cling to their sin and follow satan, bringing on themselves self-torment.

InChrist

Free4ever
Many. Wikipedia says some 500 million who make around 7% of the world population. The unaffilated constitute 16% of the world population. Purpose is what we assign to life. You seem to live in a shell.
Thank you for your thoughts. Mine are different, as I believe the Creator gives meaning and purpose to those created. That seems more realistic and sensible to me than Wikipedia.

InChrist

Free4ever
I am looking forward to it as well also believe that one day my trips here will become less frequent in the coming week. Much love to every single person that have gotten to interact with, have enjoy the interaction.
Are you going somewhere or is something happening in the coming week that you’ll be here less frequently?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Damn, plenty will miss this so much. :D
That's just the way God set it up because nothing physical was ever intended to last forever, and if people don't like it they can leave a note in God's drop box.... :D
I do not much like life in this world so when I get to the next world I will be looking for the drop box. :mad:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Just a thought, What if the spirit world is "physical" to them, but for us it is a non physical place? maybe life over there is similar to our world, but we can not understand it from our human way of thinking :confused:
According to Baha'u'llah, the next world is spiritual so it cannot be physical to anybody since God did not create it to be that way. This physical world was intended to be very temporary and that is why all religious traditions teach that we should not become attached to the things of the world, because they are not going to last forever.

“The world is but a show, vain and empty, a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it. Break not the bond that uniteth you with your Creator, and be not of those that have erred and strayed from His ways. Verily I say, the world is like the vapor in a desert, which the thirsty dreameth to be water and striveth after it with all his might, until when he cometh unto it, he findeth it to be mere illusion.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 328-329

Matthew 6:19-21 Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

MatthewA

Are you going somewhere or is something happening in the coming week that you’ll be here less frequently?

Not so sure. I say many things but who knows what may happen.

I do know that my hope is that Christ Jesus will reach people who are searching for the truth about God, and what God's will is for in them in their life (1 thessalonians 5).

InChrist

Free4ever
Not so sure. I say many things but who knows what may happen.

I do know that my hope is that Christ Jesus will reach people who are searching for the truth about God, and what God's will is for in them in their life (1 thessalonians 5).
That is also my hope and prayer. I do believe time is short and we are very near to the end of the age of grace.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Ah, I understand. No eating, no drinking, no sleeping, no waking, no talking no singing, no walking no running, no time nothing physical as you said, and you are there for all eternity. It is a zombie world where you turn into stone. I would not like to be in such a world, you go ahead and enjoy.
I do not know why you would think that just because there will be nothing physical that we will be like zombies. We will have a spiritual body and we will be doing things that we could never do with a physical body and its limitations, and there will be no limitations to what we will be able to do. We will be like a bird let out is a cage, and the cage was our body.

“You see, I was so little 'dead' that I imagined I was still physically alive. Think of it a moment before we pass on. I had been struck by a shell splinter. There was no pain. The life was knocked out of my body; again, I say, there was no pain. Then I found that the whole of myself--all, that is, that thinks and sees and feels and knows--was still alive and conscious! I had begun a new chapter of life. I will tell you what I felt like. It was as if I had been running hard until, hot and breathless, I had thrown my overcoat away. The coat was my body, and if I had not thrown it away I should have suffocated. I cannot describe the experience in a better way; there is nothing else to describe.” Private Dowding, p. 16

“When I lived in a physical body I never thought much about it. My health was fair. I knew very little about physiology. Now that I am living under other conditions I remain incurious as to that through which I express myself. By this I mean that I am still evidently in a body of some sort, but 'l' can tell you very little about it. It has no interest for me. It is convenient, does not ache or tire, seems similar in formation to my old body. There is a subtle difference, but I cannot attempt analysis.” Private Dowding, p. 17

MatthewA

That is also my hope and prayer. I do believe time is short and we are very near to the end of the age of grace.

Let us remind ourselves of whom we are in Christ Jesus (John 1:12; Romans 8:14) when we are living walking by the spirit of Christ Jesus in us by and through faith in the wonderous works of the Son of God ; The Lord Yeshua :) (Galatians 2:20). Anyone can become a Child of God by and through faith if they desire to go and seek the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, and His Father.

InChrist

Free4ever
Let us remind ourselves of whom we are in Christ Jesus (John 1:12; Romans 8:14) when we are living walking by the spirit of Christ Jesus in us by and through faith in the wonderous works of the Son of God ; The Lord Yeshua :) (Galatians 2:20). Anyone can become a Child of God by and through faith if they desire to go and seek the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, and His Father.
Yes and new life now and forever...

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Who is “we”? Just curious.
..bringing on themselves self-torment.
Yeah, thanks. It is in your scripture that your God's throne is white.
'We' for atheists, who by definition have no Gods.
Yeah, evil deeds may bring mental or physical torment. And if one ever engaged in such deeds, then try to make amends and not repeat them, irrespective of whether one believes in Gods or does not. Best to follow one's duties (dharma),
Mine are different, as I believe the Creator gives meaning and purpose to those created. That seems more realistic and sensible to me than Wikipedia.
Yeah, sure. Bible or Wikipedia. I go with Wikipedia.

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I do not know why you would think that just because there will be nothing physical that we will be like zombies. We will have a spiritual body and we will be doing things that we could never do with a physical body and its limitations, and there will be no limitations to what we will be able to do. We will be like a bird let out is a cage, and the cage was our body.

“You see, I was so little 'dead' that I imagined I was still physically alive. Think of it a moment before we pass on. I had been struck by a shell splinter. There was no pain. The life was knocked out of my body; again, I say, there was no pain. Then I found that the whole of myself--all, that is, that thinks and sees and feels and knows--was still alive and conscious! I had begun a new chapter of life. I will tell you what I felt like. It was as if I had been running hard until, hot and breathless, I had thrown my overcoat away. The coat was my body, and if I had not thrown it away I should have suffocated. I cannot describe the experience in a better way; there is nothing else to describe.” Private Dowding, p. 16

“When I lived in a physical body I never thought much about it. My health was fair. I knew very little about physiology. Now that I am living under other conditions I remain incurious as to that through which I express myself. By this I mean that I am still evidently in a body of some sort, but 'l' can tell you very little about it. It has no interest for me. It is convenient, does not ache or tire, seems similar in formation to my old body. There is a subtle difference, but I cannot attempt analysis.” Private Dowding, p. 17

Will we have senses in the spiritual realm? Such as sight, speech.