• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in the afterlife?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As always, no proof. Just a word salad.

Word salad :p

word-salad-made-green-onion-cucumber-tomato-healthy-vegan-eating-low-calorie-diet-190631036.jpg

MatthewA

Faith and belief is all God asks of us. But it has to be faith and belief in the right things. Please do not forget that we have an adversary whose aim is to steer us off course with his lies. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

Revelation 22 is the final chapter of the Bible.
When the angel tells John....
“Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, for the appointed time is near. 11 Let the one who is unrighteous continue in unrighteousness, and let the filthy one continue in his filth; but let the righteous one continue in righteousness, and let the holy one continue in holiness.".....it is apparent that when the end times are upon us, (the appointed time) people will be free to continue in the lives that they have chosen. For the ones who want to please God, these will continue to do so, but those who are happy to continue in their "filth", (both physical and spiritual) will so as well. So these will already have shown God whether they are "sheep" or "goats".
But will people really know what the difference is between one pleasing God and one who is not pleasing him?

At the judgment that Jesus said is coming, he forewarned us all....
"Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’"

It takes more than a claim to make one a Christian. Many will receive a devastating rejection despite the fact that they thought that they were disciples of Christ in good standing. Jesus calls them "lawbreakers".....but how can they not know that they are breaking God's law?

Yes the Bible says all those things.

My thing is right now at this moment am hoping to get anyone who is seeking for truth in the God of Israel; the one whom sent the Lord Jesus Christ ; to go and be encouraged to seek and find out the truth.

That is all I really desire in my own life to know the truth; if you don’t have truth what more do you have ? Than that of lies and deceit ?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No, there is nothing physical in the spiritual world :D so people had best do all their drinking and eating and etc. in this life.
Ah, I understand. No eating, no drinking, no sleeping, no waking, no talking no singing, no walking no running, no time nothing physical as you said, and you are there for all eternity. It is a zombie world where you turn into stone. I would not like to be in such a world, you go ahead and enjoy.

MatthewA

Eventually I’ll get getting off of here and moving forward atleast that is my hope all of you have been nice and kind to share your beliefs and viewpoint about all types of things which were asked.

Live life; you can have fun with it to; but if you wanna know about the eternal aspect please I ask just go learn about and see what the Lord Jesus Christ had to offer.

If you don’t oh well atleast it was encouraged.

God bless all here.

if you don’t want the truth in your life that is okay to; somethings are hard to understand

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But you don't seem to be taking duration into account.
The earth will cease to be habitable through natural processes in the next 300m years, with great certainty it won't be habitable in a billion years.
The universe itself one way or another, may well cease to exist in any form capable of life, whether in trillions or hundreds of trillions of years. That is truly Game Over.
I'm not a volunteer.
blü 2, cyclic as per some Hindu views - 317 trillion years for each cycle. :D
.. my suggestion is to check out the Bible. It’s tough, and rough to go through but worth it in the end especially if you interested in these things.
Funny book about a cruel God, with a thousand contradictions, even many Christian-born do not believe it. I have read it a few times, till got completely bored of it.

Last edited:

MatthewA

blü 2, cyclic as per some Hindu views - 317 trillion years for one cycle. :DFunny book about a cruel God, with a thousand contradictions, even many Christian-born do not believe it. I have read it a few times, till got completely bored of it.

Cool brother; It probably one of the most fascinating books ever pieced together in my opinion. You may believe differently if you desire. You take care.

MatthewA

Those who do not agree with me are not mature (could even be imbecile or worshipers of Dajjal. May God treat them worse than he treated Sodom or Gomorrah).

Paul is talking to a group of believers in Corinthians about people who are mature in the faith of Christianity. Nothing more nothing less.

I do not know why you insinuate anyone not agreeing with you.

I do not know you or your life outside of the text box here; I do however hope that you and your family (if you have one) are all doing well and that no one is sick, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

MatthewA

Do you have doubt in your belief in God and in Jesus's resurrection, or just doubt in the afterlife? How would you react if you, hypothetical, found out for certain that there wasn't an afterlife? What if you knew for sure that death would be the end of your existence?

There are things that die but they were never real to begin with, just clumps of Form in a cloud of Change that label themselves... Things are no more real than words, and we are things. There is only one thing that will never die, and that is what we really are.

I have no doubt about the existence of God and the Lord Jesus Christ because of my faith and trust in them. Which the faith has been given by God because of listening to the Lord Jesus Christ and believing what is being presented and offered.

MatthewA

Yes, I believe in an afterlife: eternal life through Jesus Christ. I believe the Judgment Seat of Christ will take place for believers,(which concerns rewards) and the Great White Throne Judgment which concerns all unbelievers who reject Christ, forgiveness and eternal life.

Thank you for your post.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Paul is talking to a group of believers in Corinthians about people who are mature in the faith of Christianity. Nothing more nothing less.
I do not know why you insinuate anyone not agreeing with you.
I do not know you or your life outside of the text box here; I do however hope that you and your family (if you have one) are all doing well and that no one is sick, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Thanks MathewA, I really like you, you have been civil in every post that you have made here, though I see no reason why you should try to proselytize people for Christianity. Let them be whatever they are.
Yeah, I am an old man, my family has been able to sail through these fifteen months without much problem. I enjoy every moment of my life, for the simple reason that I may not have many left. :)

MatthewA

Thanks MathewA, I really like you, you have been civil in every post that you have made here, though I see no reason why you should try to proselytize people for Christianity. Let them be whatever they are.
Yeah, I am an old man, my family has been able to sail through these fifteen months without much problem. I enjoy every moment of my life, for the simple reason that I may not have many left. :)

My brother would like to see you boat I bet. I’m glad you have been sailing with no problems; glad to hear friend. :) I’ve never been one to get super close to people due to my growing up and how I was raised and also my own choices in life.

I appreciate all these people here for talking and even given the topics a chance at least.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. and the Great White Throne Judgment which concerns all unbelievers who reject Christ, forgiveness and eternal life.
Sure that it is a white throne? From where do you get that? We do not believe because no proof is provided for what is claimed. Bring proof, we will accept. So, your God will throw us in to the eternal hell where we will be tortured day and night?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
blü 2, cyclic as per some Hindu views - 317 trillion years for each cycle.
Cyclic ... hmm. "Would we not shatter it to bits and then / Remould it nearer to the heart's desire?" (as FitzGerald's Omar put it). Aren't second chances great!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
And I can think of no reason why an all-powerful God ─ or anyone else ─ would want an ever-expanding zoo full of humans, every single one of them past their use-by date.

I never pictured Heaven as an every growing zoo of zombies. Thanks for that!! :D