• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in reincarnation ???

Do you believe in reincarnation ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FFH

Veteran Member
Ha Ha, you believe in reincarnation...um sort of. So if you did FFH, what would you like to come back as?
I wouldn't change a thing about who I am and how my life has turned out...

I am living the way I want to and am happy with who and what I am. would not want to be anything else...

Life is as good as it's gonna get, just waiting for the next life to kick in soon..

We're all going to be in for a big surprise, sooner or later, all of us....

cardero

Citizen Mod

I am living the way I want to and am happy with who and what I am..

Life is as good as it's gonna get, just waiting for the next life to kick in soon..

Have you not seen my other threads concerning Christ's soon return ???

We're all going to be in for a big surprise, sooner or later, all of us...

Yes, I have read the thread concerning Christ's return and I wouldn't think of changing a single hair on your head in this lifetime but if reincarnation was an option and it was your choice, what would you like to come back as or would you decide not to reincarnate into a physical existence at all (that is also an option)?

FFH

Veteran Member
Yes, I have read the thread concerning Christ's return and I wouldn't think of changing a single hair on your head in this lifetime but if reincarnation was an option and it was your choice, what would you like to come back as or would you decide not to reincarnate into a physical existence at all (that is also an option)?
Again, I wouldn't change a thing...

I know that sounds like I'm avoiding the question, but it's true, I wouldn't change a thing about my existance and about my form, (body, facial features, etc.) I've thought about it off and on over the years and am satisfied with what I have and who I am....

Why would I want to be an animal, tree or rock for example..

Remember I lived in Japan for nearly two years and this is part of the Shinto belief system. I would not want to settle for an animal, tree or rock or even the wind, as some believe, or the rain/rivers/oceans/waters of the earth...

I've heard it all..

Why settle for something less than human life ????????

My life is good, as good as it's gonna get...

I have a good body, for what it's worth, it looks and works well, I am blessed...

FFH

Veteran Member
My joy in life are things like skiing and bullet bikes, I can't do that as a tree, rock, river or a dog.

Some would say I'ld rather be a bird, then learn to hang glide, parasail, get your pilots license, it's the same thrill, no need to be an actual bird and throughout the eternities we will be able to travel this way not being bound by this mortal body..

We will travel by thought, not via mortal wind resitance though, of course..

FFH

Veteran Member
or would you decide not to reincarnate into a physical existence at all (that is also an option)?
I wouldn't want to do this life over again, that's for sure, have seen and done enough and want to move onto the next...

I want to incarnate an immortal body, in the next life/phase of our existance, not enter into another mortal body or other life or non-life form in another world, which we won't have the option to do anyway...

I wouldn't change the body I'm in or want to exist as any other life or non-life form...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No doubt you will be surprised when you find yourelf still very much alive when your mortal body dies and your spirit lives on throughout the eternities, later to be reunited with a perfect body, a free gift to all mortal beings, provided by Christ's sacrifice, in which he overcame death and hell..
I say both of you will be surprised to find yourself back here on this planet living a new life, but I think we shall just agree to disagree and leave it that shall we?

FFH

Veteran Member
Why would you believe that any other existence other than a human existence is "less"?
According to LDS theology, all other life forms are of a "lesser intelligence".

Why would I want to settle for less than what I already have ???

Truly becoming an eagle in the next life would be something less than what I already have..

One who does not see that is blind to what they already have and have the potential to be..

I have the potential to become a God, a creator of a universe, and eagle only has the potential to be an eagle, nothing more, and yes eagles and other animals will live on in another world too.

I have read NDE accounts of animals in the next life, in heaven/paradise, who are able to communicate with humans, via thought, and they are happy there, but they cannot become a god and create things... They are limited in what they can do..

Human exalted beings have no limits in the kingdom of God, which I am assured of in the next life.. I would not have that opportunity as any other life form.

Truly we can become Gods if we do what is required of us in this life.

Study out LDS theology, it's like no other doctrine found on this earth and of eternal worth and significance to the human soul..

FFH

Veteran Member
I say both of you will be surprised to find yourself back here on this planet living a new life, but I think we shall just agree to disagree and leave it that shall we?
Yes, we will be back here living in a newly created world, with new immortal bodies, in a paradisiacal/terrestrial world, when Christ returns, assuming one has met all the necessary requirements..

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yes, we will be back here living in a newly created world, with new immortal bodies, in a paradisiacal/terrestrial world, when Christ returns, assuming one has met all the necessary requirements..
Same world, mortal bodies, just different bodies than the ones we have now, in different circumstances.

logician

There is no afterlife, as there is no evidence of such. Belief in some afterlife is just wishful thinking, nothing more.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This is good and it is often necessary for such strong association with the mortal self in time.

I am living the way I want to and am happy with who and what I am. would not want to be anything else...
If there is any fundamental truth about reality FFH, it is that reality in general and reality as seen through our experience is in constant change. Change stops for no one, FFH.

I am often mildly disturbed when I hear thinking such as this. One must not fixate on the so-called "next life" while still in the "stewing rich broth" of their current life. Doing so results in a lack of focus in the current life as the individual bleeds away their potential to act in their current experience. Lastly, such statements merely underscore the perception that the mortal self in time is NOT happy with their "lot" and can hardly wait until it is over.

We're all going to be in for a big surprise, sooner or later, all of us....
On this we agree, however some will be far more surprised than others. You have my deepest assurance on that one.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No need to disprove something that isn't there. Do I need to disprove a unicorn's existence?
Hehe. Well, as I have said before, the beauty of reincarnation is that it doesn't matter in the slightest if the individual chooses not to believe in reincarnation. It is not like some self-adoring god is going to have a hissy fit and do a tap-dance on your head.

Tell me, do you remember your dreams at all? If so, are they confused/confusing or do they make any sense to you. Do you perhaps think they are just mental drivel resulting from ongoing chemical processes in the brain and contain no genuine meaning?

logician

Hehe. Well, as I have said before, the beauty of reincarnation is that it doesn't matter in the slightest if the individual chooses not to believe in reincarnation. It is not like some self-adoring god is going to have a hissy fit and do a tap-dance on your head.

Tell me, do you remember your dreams at all? If so, are they confused/confusing or do they make any sense to you. Do you perhaps think they are just mental drivel resulting from ongoing chemical processes in the brain and contain no genuine meaning?

I do remember some of my dreams, and believe many are driven by frustrations, or failures in real life which one is trying to resolve in their dreams. Some dreams do seem to be just random bits of electrical activity thrown together, however.

cardero

Citizen Mod
FFH writes: According to LDS theology, all other life forms are of a "lesser intelligence".

Why would I want to settle for less than what I already have ???
Intelligence is not a qualification for an experienced existence. If it was a proper measure of superiority, many humans would still fall short, for one cannot know everything in one lifetime.
I believe a purposeful existence is measured by what we set out to do, not necessarily fulfilled by what we know.

FFH writes: Truly becoming an eagle in the next life would be something less than what I already have.

Have you experienced the existence of an eagle to already determine that this would not be an incarnation you would benefit from? Speaking from a human perspective, I would honestly admit that there are many human occupations and experiences that I would love to experience but it would not be possible or practical for me to pursue in this lifetime.

FFH writes: One who does not see that is blind to what they already have and have the potential to be..

Yes but one cannot have enough sight to potentially BE everything in this lifetime. Reincarnation offers one the opportunity to choose such an incarnation.

FFH write: I have the potential to become a God, a creator of a universe, and eagle only has the potential to be an eagle, nothing more, and yes eagles and other animals will live on in another world too.

You are already a god, a creator in your own right and even animals and plants have the ability to create and evolve in each of their respected existences.

FFH writes: I have read NDE accounts of animals in the next life, in heaven/paradise, who are able to communicate with humans, via thought, and they are happy there, but they cannot become a god and create things... They are limited in what they can do.

I am not a big believer that we retain our physical aspects in the afterlife. When we die we return to spiritual form maintaining our memories and drawing from our experiences. There is no hierarchy in heaven that designates one physical form, one physical BEing, higher than another and I believe that attitude is consistant with spiritual entites who direct their attention towards physical creatures. Besides, we are limited in what we can do anywhere. If heaven was such a place of opportunity, why would spiritual entities continue to choose to incarnate into physical existences? It is because this physical existence offers an experience that cannot be found in the spiritual realm.
FFH writes: Human exalted beings have no limits in the kingdom of God, which I am assured of in the next life.. I would not have that opportunity as any other life form.

Again, I must point out that this is the human side of you talking. GOD does not exalt one living creature over another. GOD does not play favorites in the animal kingdom (for in essence that is what humans are). GOD does not mete out rewards or glorious positions because one has decided to incarnate into a physical form with opposable thumbs or the ability to apply for a library card. Everyone has a part to play in this world and everything that lives, dies and we all return to the same realm.

FFH: Study out LDS theology, it's like no other doctrine found on this earth and of eternal worth and significance to the human soul.

I have studied LDS theology and I am still amazed at the similarities to Patrickism. A more in depth study of Patrickism will reveal to anyone that the soul isn’t characterized by any physical human traits and this most certainly includes arrogance.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ha Ha, you believe in reincarnation...um sort of. So if you did FFH, what would you like to come back as?

It is always fun to fantasize because figuring what you want to come back as is just wishful thinking. God will decide what you come back as according to His purposes. It will only be by His grace if He fulfills any of your wishes. However the Bible says that those who delight in the Lord will receive the desire of their heart.

Since I delight in the Lord , here is the desire of my heart: I wish to return in a way that I can best serve God's purposes.

Sometimes I think that I would prefer to be born into a family with solid Christian values. My parents were Christmas/Easter Christians which falls somewhat short of what I would like. I am not sure that I am ready to be a preacher's child which carries a multitude of responsibilities.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No need to disprove something that isn't there. Do I need to disprove a unicorn's existence?
Even in the science world, religion/metaphysics is approached with a "cannot be proven or disproven" attitude. Some scientist are biased one way or the other, but IMO, that only hurts them, as refusing to see evidence from another point of view will only hinder your own studies.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Muffled writes: God will decide what you come back as according to His purposes.
It (your life) is as real as YOU make it. ALL(WAYS) REMEMBER, YOU are the conductor.

This is YOUR symphony and YOUR orchestra. BE the conductor.

YOUR PURPOSE in this incarnation is not to live YOUR life precariously through someone else's. This is YOUR song. Compose it well.

HELLO IT’s ME: An Interview With GOD
Chapter: GOD’s Beginnings and Our Relationship To Reality
Pg: 338