• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in reincarnation ???

Do you believe in reincarnation ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There is no need to repeat this life... It wouldn't do us any good...
You do not repeat the same life. Reincarnation is not the popular new age believe of living a life over and over until you have it right. You live this life, die, and are born into an entirely new one. You are also not limited to race, gender, species, or possible even planet.
I have lead armies of vast numbers in some past lives. I also joined 3 Native American tribes together to fight back white man in another. This life has not been like any other life I've lived.

FFH

Veteran Member
I have lead armies of vast numbers in some past lives. I also joined 3 Native American tribes together to fight back white man in another. This life has not been like any other life I've lived.
What comes to mind when you say these things is possibly someone's spirit is influencing you to such a degree that you begin to hear and think the thoughts of that person who once lived on this earth and experienced those things and you assume they are your own thoughts..

How do you know you have lived other lives, did someone tell you this ???

FFH

Veteran Member
YmirGF/Paul,

I saw your post and really don't know what to say in response, just pondering what you wrote...

FFH

Veteran Member
Luke said:
You do not repeat the same life. Reincarnation is not the popular new age believe of living a life over and over until you have it right. You live this life, die, and are born into an entirely new one. You are also not limited to race, gender, species, or possible even planet.
Ah, I see, thanks for clarifying that...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What comes to mind when you say these things is possibly someone's spirit is influencing you to such a degree that you begin to hear and think the thoughts of that person who once lived on this earth and experienced those things and you assume they are your own thoughts..

How do you know you have lived other lives, did someone tell you this ???
They are of my own. There are various meditation techniques used to see your past lives.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I believe in reincarnation; it is an essential part of the framework of my faith.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I see that the No's have pulled ahead 20 to 18, didn't expect that..
That is the beauty of reincarnation FFH. In no way do you have to believe in it, as it simply does not matter, eventually you will "see" what we are yabbering about, lol. Wait until you get a load the that which seeds the incarnations. Trust me, friend, that is a show-stopper and one you are not likely to forget after you have had your own "appointment with gnosis".

logician

Reincarnation is silly, because if true, nobody living, would have an "original" consiousness, likewise, I don't think coming back as a cockroach is something I would look forward to.

logician

Why's the idea of not having an "original" consciousness silly?

Because sometime in the past there would have had to have been original "consiousnesses". Since there would have only been few in the beginning, how did these "branch out" to the billions of people existing today. Also, how do you compare the consiousness of a human to an ant?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Also, how do you compare the consiousness of a human to an ant?
Good question. Since we really can't ask them and expect a verbal answer, we can observe them.
But, are our consciousness' really that much different from a beast or insect? While humans are without a doubt capable of much deeper thought, and better suited for a more complex life, in the end, survival of self and sometimes the herd, and some sort of comfort are sought after be all forms of life. For all our understanding of the brain allows, it is possible that our own "emotions" are artificial, and preconditioned.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Good question. Since we really can't ask them and expect a verbal answer, we can observe them.
But, are our consciousness' really that much different from a beast or insect? While humans are without a doubt capable of much deeper thought, and better suited for a more complex life, in the end, survival of self and sometimes the herd, and some sort of comfort are sought after be all forms of life. For all our understanding of the brain allows, it is possible that our own "emotions" are artificial, and preconditioned.

Exactly! And consciousness shouldn't be related to knowledge. The consciousness of a dog is just as conscious as the consciousness of a human.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I voted "yes." Although, reincarnation is not usually the term we use. We usually refer to the transmigration of consciousness as "rebirth."

Peace,
Mystic

I agree that rebirth is a subset of reincarnation as is resurrection.

I voted "I don't know" because the evidence is not overwhelming in favor of rebirth. The evidence for resurrection is more secure.
There is the evidence of Jesus's statement about John the Baptist and the "once to die verse does not necessarily refer to multiple incarnations but to one incarnation at a time. The Bah'ai scripture on this subject appears to be fallacious human reasoning.
Krishna supports rebirth but I haven' read enough to discern whether his claim to divinty has validity.

From a human reasoning standpoint it makes a lot of sense. First it is consistent with God's judgement and mercy. His judgement because not all the scales of justice are made level before death. His mercy because it is not his desire that any should go to Hell and another life is another opportunity to accept God as Lord and Savior. I conceive of rebirth as a consequence of the fall of man ie. with the fall came death which necessitated rebirth. In a period of paradise on earth there is no death and no need for rebirth.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I agree that rebirth is a subset of reincarnation as is resurrection.

I voted "I don't know" because the evidence is not overwhelming in favor of rebirth. The evidence for resurrection is more secure.
There is the evidence of Jesus's statement about John the Baptist and the "once to die verse does not necessarily refer to multiple incarnations but to one incarnation at a time. The Bah'ai scripture on this subject appears to be fallacious human reasoning.
Krishna supports rebirth but I haven' read enough to discern whether his claim to divinty has validity.

From a human reasoning standpoint it makes a lot of sense. First it is consistent with God's judgement and mercy. His judgement because not all the scales of justice are made level before death. His mercy because it is not his desire that any should go to Hell and another life is another opportunity to accept God as Lord and Savior. I conceive of rebirth as a consequence of the fall of man ie. with the fall came death which necessitated rebirth. In a period of paradise on earth there is no death and no need for rebirth.

Very interesting! :yes:

Peace,
Mystic