• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in reincarnation ???

Do you believe in reincarnation ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FFH

Veteran Member
Hebrews 9: 27
...it is appointed unto men once to die,...

Oops, I accidently voted wrong...

I don't believe in reincarnation...

Could a mod fix that thx...

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I do believe in reincarnation, however your OP is inapplicable to my beliefs since they're not based on the Bible.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I voted "yes." Although, reincarnation is not usually the term we use. We usually refer to the transmigration of consciousness as "rebirth."

Peace,
Mystic

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I don't "believe" in reincarnation. But I think it's a wonderful philosophical metaphor for the transitive process we mistake for identity.

UnTheist

The reason I find it plausible is because if we are able to hold a consciousness without a soul, then we may be able to become another being after we die. Once "I" no longer exist, I will be a different "I", which is a different consciousness.

I think that's how I want to say it. I had it worded perfectly before, but forgot...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Like Mystic Heather, I too believe in reincarnation, but simply not the "standard model" crap. My version of reincarnation exists in a spacious present, with all incarnations existing within their own now or "current present". Also, reincarnation is not a linear thing, but more akin to hop-scotch depending on desire/need. To confuse you entirely there is an "end-point" in incarnations and that is when all other aspects of the entity is aware of the existence of the focus personality (you) that has hit Enlightenment in their current present. In essence the Enlightenment sends out shock waves throughout the "incarnation tree" making all other aspects aware of the Enlightened aspect. Oh well, what could I know, but I don't pretend that I alone am right. :)

The neatest thing about reincarnation is that it doesn't much matter if you believe in it or not, lol. No biggy, really.

FFH

Veteran Member
You are making the assumption that your version of scripture is correct my friend. Tsk, tsk.
Just checked the Joseph Smith inspired version and it's the same as the King James..

This is an inspired scripture for sure...

Of course I realize most don't subscribe to the words of the Bible.

The Bible is the word of God, as far as it is translated correctly, and I can refer to the Joseph Smith inspired version to make sure which King James verses are correct and which have been altered by man...

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'm open to the possibility. There are some stories I've found unexplainable, though I've never seen anything that can be attributed to reincarnation firsthand.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Sorta. I believe that our consciousness continues, but not our individual personalities.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've edited the poll at FFH's request to change the vote totals since he voted "yes" when he meant to vote "no". However, I cannot edit the poll to show him as voting "no", so he still shows up as voting "yes". Consequently, count him as a "no".

Aqualung

Tasty
I've edited the poll at FFH's request to change the vote totals since he voted "yes" when he meant to vote "no". However, I cannot edit the poll to show him as voting "no", so he still shows up as voting "yes". Consequently, count him as a "no".

It's private, anyway, so good enough.