• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in life after Death?

Do you believe in life after death?

• Yes, life after death starts immediately after death, and only Soul continues to live on.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Yes, life after death starts at the end of world, when we get resurrected

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Yes, we will be reincarnated

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • No, death is the end

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Heyo

Veteran Member
Okay, than WHO discovered all this ? Of course this buddy is even more smarter than "I" :)
Not a single person but a host of neurologists, psychiatrists, psychologists and some philosophers. A good explanation can be found in the book "The Mind's I" by Dennett & Hofstadter.

chinu

chinu
Not a single person but a host of neurologists, psychiatrists, psychologists and some philosophers. A good explanation can be found in the book "The Mind's I" by Dennett & Hofstadter.
Actually my question is.. Which intelligent-part of human body made this discovery ?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
An individual continue to exist in dreams while sleeping.
Isn't it possible that an individual will continue to exist somewhere after leaving the body ? :)

What happens to you in deep sleep? Do you cease to exist?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yes, life after death starts immediately after death, and only Soul continues to live on. (AND SPIRIT) and after a time you get an eternal body.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Does this happens with all, or just some ?

Not to all:

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Do you? If yes, what kind of life after death? Physical body? Only Soul? Reincarnation? Others?

How do you feel about the fact that you or your loved ones die some day? Feel sad? Indifference? Happy?

Share what your scriptures says about death. I share from Bahaullah:

O SON OF THE SUPREME! I have made death a messenger of joy to thee. Wherefore dost thou grieve? I made the light to shed on thee its splendor. Why dost thou veil thyself therefrom?

- Hidden Words of Bahaullah

When my aunt passed away two years ago, my family and I stood with her ashes at my aunt's mother's grave. We took turns a little bit of ash onto the grave while each other said their words or prayer. When it got to me, and when I could walk because of grief, I held the ashes in my hand, drop them and said "there it is."

My mother and brother believes she is still around. My brother moved out because he thought she was getting him back from stealing money from her. I never got those experiences from any spirit even though my mother has. But I do know that my aunt (and grandmother) exists in my heart and hearts of her loved ones. So, I put an altar in my apartment and keep communication with her that way. While I don't believe in life after death (that grief experience above was a first-closure that there's nothing we can do), I just go on without needing to see or experience her literal spirit for her to exist.

As for heaven, people going to god, and things like that I'm not familiar. I have no point in reference. My family and I are more close to I guess witchcraft (lack of better and more appropriate cultural words for similar practices). But we never make it a big deal-least I don't since I'm not a teen anymore. The only time I wish there was life after death is to see spirits in real time. It will lead me to have more relationship with my family and start from there.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have lived with a woman for almost 50 years that has the gift(?) of talking to those who have passed. This is not something I say lightly because I have been a true skeptic at times, but I have been present when she has conveyed messages from complete strangers to people we have just met. The energy that is you are continues even after the person that is you doesn't.

That's a perfect way to explain it. This. I do believe.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You do understand that women with that "gift" were put to death in Israel? (Deuteronomy 18:9-12) Because, these are not spirits of the dead, but demonic spirits impersonating them. These demons have been around humans since the beginning and know all there is to know about everyone. They are con artists IMO who are trying to perpetuate the first lie that satan told in Eden ("you surely will not die").

Your partner may not even be aware that these spirits are having a lend of her. :(

Really, Deeje?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Okay, here I would like to give you an experiment.

Look at the picture of my avatar which is right in front of you. Close your eyes for a while. Still you can see same picture on the screen of your brain.

If you are your body, then who is viewing the picture on screen of your brain when your physical eyes are closed ?

How does the brain create an uninterrupted view of the world?

Seems like our brains (not someone else-no spirit) captures the picture and "holds it" in memory. We can see it with our eyes closed (probably so the brain won't be distracted with other sensory stimuli).

That's more like a zen-question. But it doesn't show there is someone seeing the image that's distinctly apart from the brain that's creating the effect.