• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in life after Death?

Do you believe in life after death?

• Yes, life after death starts immediately after death, and only Soul continues to live on.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Yes, life after death starts at the end of world, when we get resurrected

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Yes, we will be reincarnated

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • No, death is the end

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Heyo

Veteran Member
I haven't seen any convincing evidence for any kind of afterlife/resurrection/rebirth. So I stick to the null hypothesis until new data is available.

chinu

chinu
I haven't seen any convincing evidence for any kind of afterlife/resurrection/rebirth. So I stick to the null hypothesis until new data is available.
An individual continue to exist in dreams while sleeping.
Isn't it possible that an individual will continue to exist somewhere after leaving the body ? :)

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Do you? If yes, what kind of life after death? Physical body? Only Soul? Reincarnation? Others?

How do you feel about the fact that you or your loved ones die some day? Feel sad? Indifference? Happy?

Share what your scriptures says about death. I share from Bahaullah:

O SON OF THE SUPREME! I have made death a messenger of joy to thee. Wherefore dost thou grieve? I made the light to shed on thee its splendor. Why dost thou veil thyself therefrom?

- Hidden Words of Bahaullah
I think the very concept of "life after death" is self-contradicting and nonsensical.

By definition, death is the end of life. It's how life ends: by death.

chinu

chinu
That makes no sense at all.

Someone who's asleep still has a functioning brain capable of dreaming. You don't "leave your body" while sleeping. What does "leave the body" even mean? You are your body.
Okay, here I would like to give you an experiment.

Look at the picture of my avatar which is right in front of you. Close your eyes for a while. Still you can see same picture on the screen of your brain.

If you are your body, then who is viewing the picture on screen of your brain when your physical eyes are closed ?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Look at the picture of my avatar which is right in front of you. Close your eyes for a while. Still you can see same picture on the screen of your brain.

If you are your body, then who is viewing the picture on screen of your brain when your physical eyes are closed ?
You nailed it :)

Heyo

Veteran Member
An individual continue to exist in dreams while sleeping.
Isn't it possible that an individual will continue to exist somewhere after leaving the body ? :)
That's because there is still a living brain when you are sleeping. Some people believe it will one day be possible to transfer the brain functions to a computer but I don't see that coming within the next 150 years.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Still the same brain recalling the picture from memory.

chinu

chinu
That's because there is still a living brain when you are sleeping. Some people believe it will one day be possible to transfer the brain functions to a computer but I don't see that coming within the next 150 years.
Okay, can you tell who, or what is responsible for emotions that dwells in human body ?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Okay, can you tell who, or what is responsible for emotions that dwells in human body ?
Emotions, just like thinking and consciousness are a function of the brain. It is even known what specific region of the brain is dealing with emotions, the Amygdala.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
This experience in this body/mind is temporary. I am immutable without beginning or end.

chinu

chinu
Emotions, just like thinking and consciousness are a function of the brain. It is even known what specific region of the brain is dealing with emotions, the Amygdala.
Than what is the difference between a sleeping brain and awakened brain ?