• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in God?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
God has attempted to do that but not everyone responded to His call because not everyone wants to be on the same page.

I do like the Baha'i faith does try to find commonality between the religions and prophets. It's very optimistic and I hope it works.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I was just wondering if there is a God. Do you believe? Or is there a God?
I do not believe in existence of any God. Evidence proves that there is no God (PoE among other things).
I do like the Baha'i faith does try to find commonality between the religions and prophets. It's very optimistic and I hope it works.
Bahai attempt is completely fake. They only want to say that the other religions are out-dated. There is no way this kind of attitutude can succeed, it will only lead to conflict.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Since time does not matter in divinity (right?) and we are all human with similar means to experience what our peers did regardless the time period, I would assume that we can experience hearing god just as someone hundreds of years ago, thousands, ten thousand.

How is this ability to hear and communicate with god available not so long ago but not today? (I know it's god's "choice" but the capability should still exist regardless if he chooses to communicate with "us" or not)
I do not believe that ordinary humans ever had the ability to hear God; not hundreds, thousands, or ten thousand years ago. I believe that only Messengers of God (Manifestations of God) have the ability to hear God. Below is the basis for that belief.

A Messenger of God is not an ordinary man. Messengers of God, what Baha’is normally refer to as Manifestations of God, possess two stations: one is the physical station pertaining to the world of matter, and the other is the spiritual station, born of the substance of God. In other words, one station is that of a human being, and one, of the Divine Reality. It is because they possess both a human and a divine station that they can act as *mediators* between God and man.

Every Manifestation of God is a mirror of God, reflecting God’s Self, God’s Beauty, God’s Might and Glory. All other human beings are to be regarded as mirrors capable of reflecting the glory of these Manifestations Who are themselves the Primary Mirrors of the Divine Being,

The Manifestations of God are another order of creation above an ordinary man. Their souls had pre-existence in the spiritual world before their bodies were born in this world, whereas the souls of all humans come into being at the moment of conception. The spiritual world is where They get their special powers from God. They possess a universal divine mind that is different than ours and that is why God only speaks to them directly and through Them God communicates to humanity.

PAUL MARKHAM

No, God cannot communicate to ordinary humans directly such that they could ever understand that communication and tell the Messengers what to do.

He was not literally sleeping, He was just caught by surprise.
How do you know what this god thong can or can't do. Has he told you?

So when he wrote he was asleep on his couch and woken by god. He was really awake. So why not say "I was awake"?

PAUL MARKHAM

Because that is when God chose reveal His message, according to the needs of humanity.

I do not understand that question. Can you explain what you mean?

It is only limited to when God chooses to reveal a message.
No god has revealed anything to you. Bahaullah revealed everything to you.

PAUL MARKHAM

I do not believe that ordinary humans ever had the ability to hear God; not hundreds, thousands, or ten thousand years ago. I believe that only Messengers of God (Manifestations of God) have the ability to hear God. Below is the basis for that belief.

A Messenger of God is not an ordinary man. Messengers of God, what Baha’is normally refer to as Manifestations of God, possess two stations: one is the physical station pertaining to the world of matter, and the other is the spiritual station, born of the substance of God. In other words, one station is that of a human being, and one, of the Divine Reality. It is because they possess both a human and a divine station that they can act as *mediators* between God and man.

Every Manifestation of God is a mirror of God, reflecting God’s Self, God’s Beauty, God’s Might and Glory. All other human beings are to be regarded as mirrors capable of reflecting the glory of these Manifestations Who are themselves the Primary Mirrors of the Divine Being,

The Manifestations of God are another order of creation above an ordinary man. Their souls had pre-existence in the spiritual world before their bodies were born in this world, whereas the souls of all humans come into being at the moment of conception. The spiritual world is where They get their special powers from God. They possess a universal divine mind that is different than ours and that is why God only speaks to them directly and through Them God communicates to humanity.
Have you read the fable about the Emperor's New Clothes? That's exactly what the conmen said.

PAUL MARKHAM

Why so judgmental toward Trailblazer? Just because you dont believe does not make every religion or Baha'i as you critique a lot fake.

And yes i know you will now critique Islam because i dare to ask you question. Go ahead i dont care about your critique ;)
Because TB is a prolific poster here.

Does his "Only special people" claim have similarities to The Emperors New Clothes?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Because TB is a prolific poster here.

Does his "Only special people" claim have similarities to The Emperors New Clothes?
@Trailblazer are one of the good posters here with a very good understand of religion. She has deeper knowledge then many in RF.

So you see it as good when you critique in a negative way always? Never anything good to say about any believers?

PAUL MARKHAM

@Trailblazer are one of the good posters here with a very good understand of religion. She has deeper knowledge then many in RF.

So you see it as good when you critique in a negative way always? Never anything good to say about any believers?
So I'm sure she can stick up for herself.

Would you rather no one criticises her, because there are others.

PAUL MARKHAM

Critique that can help someone grow is always good. Other form of Critique is just stupid
I post my views and facts because I don't want others to be persuaded. It has nothing personal to do with TB, it's all about keeping people away from fundamentalist religion/

We only have to look at countries where religion has been or is still dominant to see the dangers.

Do you believe atheists, agnostics can grow as well?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I post my views and facts because I don't want others to be persuaded. It has nothing personal to do with TB, it's all about keeping people away from fundamentalist religion/

We only have to look at countries where religion has been or is still dominant to see the dangers.
Baha'i is not fundamentalist at all.
A few groups in Islam can becseen as fundamentalist that is true, butvthat is minorities of religioues people maybe 2-3% of all who call them self religious are fundamentalists

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Do you believe atheists, agnostics can grow as well?
Actually you are an fundamentalist atheist if you see it that way

PAUL MARKHAM

Baha'i is not fundamentalist at all.
A few groups in Islam can becseen as fundamentalist that is true, butvthat is minorities of religioues people maybe 2-3% of all who call them self religious are fundamentalists
That's your opinion, mine is different.

Now you seem to want to shackle my opinions!!!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Bahaullah didn't live that long ago. He, jesus, so have you are hundreds and thousands of years apart. So it sounds like divinity has a time gap because in what era after Bahaullah's death that no one no longer had the ability to hear god's voice?

What's the difference between then and now that people have the "ability" to hear god's voice? I'm sure the 1800s are no different than today, true?

In the 1800s though? That's pretty recent. That's the same era around the civil war here in the States in 1861ish, 7 years (so researched) before Bahaullah was even born.

I don't see how god can talk to people then but not today.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Would you rather no one criticises her, because there are others.
I do not really care if people criticize me but when they say things that are false that is unjust and that is what bothers me most.
I know myself so I know what is true and false.

Also, why do you think that people criticize other people? What do they get from that?

Last edited: