• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in God?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Also, I want to know if there isn't a God? Or if God is "existential" (that's big word).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I was just wondering if there is a God. Do you believe? Or is there a God?
I do believe in God but not as depicted on the roof of the Sistine Chapel. Further I believe in the Perfect Ones who are on Earth: Avatar/Christ/Prophet, qutubs/jivanmuka (state of St. Francis of Assisi).

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Do you need a God?

There are a number of Gods available. If you pick a God to believe in, you should stick with that one God IMO or else it starts to get awkward.

Sincere belief leads to experiences which support that belief. If you find yourself in need of a God be sure and pick a good one.

The existence or non-existence of God doesn't really matter to the religious experience. Maybe it is just the religious experience you are looking for or need.

So basically there may or may not be a God but that doesn't have to get in the way of your enjoyment of the religious experience.

PureX

Veteran Member
Yes, there is "a God". It is the great mystery source, sustenance, and purpose of all that is. But it's nature and character is unknown to us, except through the nature and character of existence, itself (as the sculpture reflects the sculptor).

It's not a matter of "belief". We can believe whatever we want, and God will remain the mystery source, sustenance, and purpose of all that is. And we will remain mystified by this.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

No, and if you have to believe it then it's not real. There are plenty of recorded ways in history to contact gods and this is best a question for those whom try to answer. But, I've dialed up Yahweh and no one is home. There are plenty of others though. :D

MNoBody

there certainly is [or at least it appears that way] a primal principle in this reality which people call fortune and fate, Destiny, luck, chance, which was the domain of the deity Gad, now referred to as God.
the more one believes in luck the more one has of it, but fate is a fickle master.
MPOV concludes that the entire "fabric" of what we loosely call reality is not inanimate, but is an expression of consciousness itself....which is again merely a string of words which cannot name the Tao, the great procession of life. But however inadequate, they have to serve as a working title/handle, since one must have some start point to make any map.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Also, I want to know if there isn't a God? Or if God is "existential" (that's big word).

I've never seen one despite the claims that there are thousands so i see nothing to believe im

Any definition of a god makes it impossible for me to believe

Analysis of the claimed attributes of a god compared with reality makes me wonder why people can worship their god.. this is the major stumbling block to me and one reason i am here, to attempt to understand god belief.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a transition going on. The God that I was taught would do miracles for me, that would do tricks and was personally interested in my every need I still have some anger about, which connects me to it still. Its more of a habit than an active belief, not even a doubt. Its more like I'd like to stop believing in that one, but I still get annoyed by the miracles not happening. I have another concept of God which is more abstract, and that one I believe in by choice. That one is not about me.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm agnostic, leaning toward something patheistic or deistic, as those concepts make the most sense to me. At the end of day it's all unsubstantiated presumptions and empty speculation when it comes to god, so it's silly to make assertions with certainty.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe people make their own reality, so my answer is yes...

...and no.​
But logically speaking, people do not determine what reality is. Reality is what it is.

So, in reality, God either exists or God does not exist, and what we believe about God has no bearing on reality.