• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in Divine Justice

Do you believe in Divine Justice

• No, God doesn't punish nor awards anyone

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Yes, God severs the wicked from among the just

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I don't know if there is a Divine Justice

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Look around the world. Observe wicked things going on unpunished. Look at history of wicked unpunished. There is your answer.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The problem is that everyone is selfish. Even if we accept that purely altruistic acts can occur these would be exceptions to the rule. There is nothing wrong with selfishness unless it's extreme. We are all selfish by nature, likely all animals all.

As for the question, I do not believe in heaven and hell.

Well...there are people who want to live as animals, but happy.

and there are people who want to become divine, even at cost of great sacrifice and renounce

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Well...there are people who want to live as animals, but happy.

and there are people who want to become divine, even at cost of great sacrifice and renounce

Well techniy we are all animals - but that's rather cliché isn't it! As for discussing man becoming "divine" I would need your definition of the term before I could discuss it. Also, how is man becoming "divine" tied to "divine justice"?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well techniy we are all animals - but that's rather cliché isn't it! As for discussing man becoming "divine" I would need your definition of the term before I could discuss it. Also, how is man becoming "divine" tied to "divine justice"?

You become divine when you are a loving God toward your neighbor. That is: the neighbor trust in God's help. I tell my neighbor: don't expect God's help, but let me help you. I will be your father, your mother, your god.
The same thing that Mary did. She became mother of mankind because she destroyed her selfishness and she decided to love all mankind.
Becoming divine is to give up our selfish desires and to think of the others' welfare first
Mary is the first that understood the value of our human nature. That is, our goal is to become divine.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Obviously, I do not believe in divine justice. Nor do I truly aprove that belief, either.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
You become divine when you are a loving God toward your neighbor. That is: the neighbor trust in God's help. I tell my neighbor: don't expect God's help, but let me help you. I will be your father, your mother, your god.
The same thing that Mary did. She became mother of mankind because she destroyed her selfishness and she decided to love all mankind.
Becoming divine is to give up our selfish desires and to think of the others' welfare first
Mary is the first that understood the value of our human nature. That is, our goal is to become divine.

Interesting, most Christian based believers I know would almost call this blasphemous. Ironically I sort of agree though. I'm not sure about being "divine" or "godlike" but altruism is certainly one of many good things to strive for in life. What's more ironic is altruism has been shown to be good for you!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Interesting, most Christian based believers I know would almost call this blasphemous. Ironically I sort of agree though. I'm not sure about being "divine" or "godlike" but altruism is certainly one of many good things to strive for in life. What's more ironic is altruism has been shown to be good for you!
Then again, if the help one offers is not desired by the one you are attempting to help, it's not likely that they will look kindly on your meddling. If my neighbor said to me, " I will be your father, your mother, your god." they would definitely get a reaction from me, however, I cannot write on RF what that reaction would be. Some people might think it was insensitive, and thus, unacceptable and considerably less than civil. I'm more inclined to promote the idea of self-reliance so that busy-body neighbors, with too much time on their hands, don't assume I need their help.

In regards to the OP, firmly, I do not believe in so-called "divine" justice.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That is, the wicked will go to Hell and the Just will go to Heaven.
As the Bible says:
And angel shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just

For me the only real punishment comes from attachment. In choosing to let go of my attachments there is no more punishment.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
For me the only real punishment comes from attachment. In choosing to let go of my attachments there is no more punishment.
Agreed. The only lasting thing that suffering should teach the individual is not to suffer.

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
Depends on your view of wicked and your philosophical ideas. Empathy and justice are a relatively new idea compared to that of survival. Therefore if society were to revert empathy and justice would go as well. There also comes into to question is survival of the fittest true justice? Are people who are manipulated by others and benefit wrong in doing so? Those who use organized religion give a sense of knowing to those who believe in it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What is "free will"?

Free will is also a juridic term. In law language it is called " full possession of one's faculties" and it is the condition through which you can to go the jail, if you infringe the law.

If free will didn't exist, nobody would go to jail.