• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe alien abductions are real?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Do you believe alien abductions are real?I do.:)
No.

But you claim that you do believe -- so I'll ask, "on what basis?" Do you have a reason for your belief -- something like you yourself have been hauled aboard and anal-probed, or maybe you know somebody who makes the same claim?

Or do you believe it because you'd like to believe it, and that's enough for you?

Frank Goad

No.

But you claim that you do believe -- so I'll ask, "on what basis?" Do you have a reason for your belief -- something like you yourself have been hauled aboard and anal-probed, or maybe you know somebody who makes the same claim?

Or do you believe it because you'd like to believe it, and that's enough for you?

I just think it sounds cool.Like something from a comic book.I would like it to be real.But no proof or first hand experience.:(

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
By God, Christine, you are correct. I suppose the cryopreservation feasibility of DNA is limited by its half life time span of 521 years if the DNA were chilled to a refrigerated temperate of 10 degrees Celsius subjected to cosmic back ground levels of radiation occurring within an Earthlike-atmosphere of 1,000 millibars , whereby at which time half the bonds within the nucleotides and strands of molecular DNA naturally breaks down. Right?

A bit beyond me but suspended animation would starve the brain of required oxygen.

Suave

Simulated character
A bit beyond me but suspended animation would starve the brain of required oxygen.

Excellent point! "Suspended Animation is the technique of literally putting life on hold. It is the temporary suspension of the important body functions while remaining alive. This technique is going through clinical trials at the University of Maryland and the University of Pittsburgh. “Emergency Preservation and Resuscitation” is the scientific term coined to this technique. A team of surgeons have recently started clinical trials for the EPR technique in a hospital at Pittsburgh.

A slight delay in the treatment of traumatic injuries can be the difference between life and death. If the surgeons could somehow “pause life” and continue with the treatment, they would have ample time to cure the injury. The technique of suspended animation has been believed to serve the purpose. However, it has not been practiced on humans yet.

In the technique of suspended animation, a condition known as hypothermia is induced, where the body is flushed with ice-cold fluids, thereby, reducing the core body temperature below 10℃. This decreases the need for oxygen by the human body. This is a form of human hibernation and is similar to hibernation in animals. This is applied during traumatic conditions such as cardiac arrest.

The state of hypothermia is only applicable for two hours. The blood in our body is swapped with very cold salt water. The cells in our body cannot survive without blood. The blood carries the oxygen required by the cells to carry out its functions. But at very low temperatures all the cellular activities stop and the cells can survive without oxygen, without causing any major damage to the tissues or organs.

Reducing body temperature also prevents further blood loss in trauma patients. If the blood flow to the brain at normal temperature stops, it might cause irreparable damage to the body. Therefore, it is essential to stop the blood loss."

Suspended Animation and the Proposed Medical Procedure For the Process

Suave

Simulated character
No.

Pffft.!!! (**Suave loudly sighs**) .I suppose as long as there are hallucinators or vivid dreamers, there are going to be believers in alien abductions

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Pffft.!!! (**Suave loudly sighs**) .I suppose as long as there are hallucinators or vivid dreamers, there are going to be believers in alien abductions
Well, let me just say this -- although I said I don't believe in alien abductions.

I honestly believe that there is other life in our universe -- I believe that for the simple reason that there is life here, and it seems to have occurred naturally. Therefore, in a universe of trillions of planets, it ought to have happened many, many times.

I do not, however, wish to meet that other life. The strong likelihood is that (as in War of the Worlds) there would be viral transfers that would annihilate both sides who meet, or that we might not ever be able to find a way to communicate -- possibly for the simple reason that we have nothing whatever in common from which we can begin to understand each other.

Think about it: there are very intelligent species that have evolved along with us on our own planet -- yet we really have no idea what they think. Mostly, in fact, we treat them like prey, pets or commodities. Why would an alien, who doesn't even share a common ancestry with us, treat us better? Or why would we treat them better?

Viker

Häxan
I wish there really were green skinned Orion alien goddesses for me to abduct and probe. .:)

main-qimg-72e651d55cbe04df2dbf622d6333941e
That day you find out Orion slave girls aren't actually the slaves. :D

Viker

Häxan
No, I don't believe aliens are abducting people. Even if it were possible, this would demonstrate to me their intentions to be sinister. There's no way aliens would see us as anything other than Aztecs to their Spanish conquistadors, if alien abduction were fact or possible.

The closest star system is still so so far away.

Suave

Simulated character
Sleep for a year. Get up, spend a week awake, go back to sleep.

And there's real science exploring the possibility of a "warp bubble". Today? no. The "day after tomorrow"? Possible. Scientists Haven't 'Created' a Warp Bubble, But They're a Bit Closer to Testing One - ExtremeTech

"Doctors have put humans into a state of suspended animation for the first time in a groundbreaking trial that aims to buy more time for surgeons to save seriously injured patients.

The process involves rapidly cooling the brain to less than 10C by replacing the patient’s blood with ice-cold saline solution. Typically the solution is pumped directly into the aorta, the main artery that carries blood away from the heart to the rest of the body.

Known formally as emergency preservation and resuscitation, or EPR, the procedure is being trialled on people who sustain such catastrophic injuries that they are in danger of bleeding to death and who suffer a heart attack shortly before they can be treated. The patients, who are often victims of stabbings or shootings, would normally have less than a 5% chance of survival.

Samuel Tisherman, at the University of Maryland, in Baltimore, described the trial at a recent symposium held by the New York Academy of Sciences. He said at least one patient had had the procedure but did not elaborate on whether that patient or any others had survived. The first time the team performed the process was “a little surreal”, he told New Scientist magazine."

Doctors have put humans into a state of suspended animation for the first time in a groundbreaking trial that aims to buy more time for surgeons to save seriously injured patients.

The process involves rapidly cooling the brain to less than 10C by replacing the patient’s blood with ice-cold saline solution. Typically the solution is pumped directly into the aorta, the main artery that carries blood away from the heart to the rest of the body.

Known formally as emergency preservation and resuscitation, or EPR, the procedure is being trialled on people who sustain such catastrophic injuries that they are in danger of bleeding to death and who suffer a heart attack shortly before they can be treated. The patients, who are often victims of stabbings or shootings, would normally have less than a 5% chance of survival.

Samuel Tisherman, at the University of Maryland, in Baltimore, described the trial at a recent symposium held by the New York Academy of Sciences. He said at least one patient had had the procedure but did not elaborate on whether that patient or any others had survived. The first time the team performed the process was “a little surreal”, he told New Scientist magazine.

As of the year designated as 2020 here on Earth, unfortunately, a person with any chance of survival beyond his/her suspended animation could not be placed in suspended animation for duration of time no longer than perhaps some few hours.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you believe alien abductions are real?I do.:)

How are you defining "real?" If you're talking about what you can see, feel, smell, taste, and hear, "real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by the brain.

Therefore, for those that claim to have been abducted, or claim to have witnessed abduction, I believe they are quite real to them.

Suave

Simulated character
How are you defining "real?" If you're talking about what you can see, feel, smell, taste, and hear, "real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by the brain.

Therefore, for those that claim to have been abducted, or claim to have witnessed abduction, I believe they are quite real to them.

Or perhaps they might be desperately craving for some sort of attention?