• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe alien abductions are real?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Marina Tonini is a person who claims she has been abducted in her life.

Her experience is narrated by her in a very detailed way. She says these aliens comes from Sirius B and they are made up of a different matter than ours. This matter is lighter, and that implies that these ETs have a mich higher degree of awareness than us.

I do trust her...so...yes...I guess I believe :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Most cases it's sleep paralysis and hypnosis planting false memories...
That being said aliens could exist. But I doubt aliens abduct folk.

Suave

Simulated character
I do not know, nor do I have any idea if Aliens exist or not.
The odds of anybody on Earth seeing an extraterrestrial being in person or this alien's spacecraft is near zero, because as an object with mass such as a spaceship travels faster, its relativistic mass increases. Eventually, as a spaceship approaches an appreciable fraction of the speed of light, most of the energy to propel the spacecraft will be expended in increasing the spacecraft's relativistic mass instead of accelerating its velocity. This means that the speed of light is a universal speed limit which nothing of significant mass could even come anywhere near close to approaching. Because of the vastness of space between solar systems and the fact that spaceships can't accelerate to anywhere near the speed of light, I believe that interstellar space travel with significant mass is impossible. Humans have most likely never interacted with any extraterrestrial beings who are limited to conventional space travel nor will likely ever come into contact with extraterrestrials by conventional space travel. Communications with electromagnetic waves could travel at light speed; but the nearest habitable star systems are dozens of light years away. It would take either us or extraterrestrials many years to reach our nearest solar systems with either radio or light signals.

If you can demonstrate to me the actual existence of exotic matter with negative energy capable of warping space for faster than light space travel, then I might reconsider the odds of somebody on Earth having actually interacted with extraterrestrial carbon based biological beings

Nimos

Do you believe alien abductions are real?I do.:)
I don't think so. I think the experience is real, but as others have said, I think it can be connected to some psychological thing.

Also I don't see why they would abduct people in the first place? If they are capable of travelling faster than the speed of light, or through wormholes or however they get around the Universe. What interest could a random human have? If they wanted our DNA for whatever reason, I doubt they would have to abduct anyone to get that.

Besides that, I don't see why they would even be especially stealthy about it, why not just abduct as they please, with travelling capabilities like that, one would assume that all other areas of technology would be equally advanced, so I don't think they would have to fear anything from us.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The odds of anybody on Earth seeing an extraterrestrial being in person or this alien's spacecraft is near zero, because as an object with mass such as a spaceship travels faster, its relativistic mass increases. Eventually, as a spaceship approaches an appreciable fraction of the speed of light, most of the energy to propel the spacecraft will be expended in increasing the spacecraft's relativistic mass instead of accelerating its velocity. This means that the speed of light is a universal speed limit which nothing of significant mass could even come anywhere near close to approaching. Because of the vastness of space between solar systems and the fact that spaceships can't accelerate to anywhere near the speed of light, I believe that interstellar space travel with significant mass is impossible. Humans have most likely never interacted with any extraterrestrial beings who are limited to conventional space travel nor will likely ever come into contact with extraterrestrials by conventional space travel. Communications with electromagnetic waves could travel at light speed; but the nearest habitable star systems are dozens of light years away. It would take either us or extraterrestrials many years to reach our nearest solar systems with either radio or light signals.

If you can demonstrate to me the actual existence of exotic matter with negative energy capable of warping space for faster than light space travel, then I might reconsider the odds of somebody on Earth having actually interacted with extraterrestrial carbon based biological beings

Alternatively, they could also be a species that lives longer, have been around a couple billion years longer than us, and have been slowly working their way around.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Also I don't see why they would abduct people in the first place? If they are capable of travelling faster than the speed of light, or through wormholes or however they get around the Universe. What interest could a random human have?.

We'd abduct them.

Suave

Simulated character
Alternatively, they could also be a species that lives longer, have been around a couple billion years longer than us, and have been slowly working their way around.
And I suppose they'd likely be very well shielded against the destruction of their DNA by space radiation.

Suave

Simulated character
We'd abduct them.
I wish there really were green skinned Orion alien goddesses for me to abduct and probe. .:)

main-qimg-72e651d55cbe04df2dbf622d6333941e

Suave

Simulated character
A lot of patience. And im not sure suspended animation is feasible for long periods
By God, Christine, you are correct. I suppose the cryopreservation feasibility of DNA is limited by its half life time span of 521 years if the DNA were chilled to a refrigerated temperate of 10 degrees Celsius subjected to cosmic back ground levels of radiation occurring within an Earthlike-atmosphere of 1,000 millibars , whereby at which time half the bonds within the nucleotides and strands of molecular DNA naturally breaks down. Right?

Last edited: