• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you accept the Bible? If not, explain why.

KnightOwl

No i don't. It's because
* I have never found any proof that its authentic, or from God.
* wrong things about God and his messenger.
* Morals, sexism, racism,murder,rape,salvation idology.
* Scientific errors, contradictions with what we know for sure.
* Myths.
* It contradicts itself.
Not meaning to hurt anyone's feelings though, sorry if i did.
So do you accept the Qu'ran? Either way, why?

SIGH
why oh why
not just if not accepting the bible ... explain why..
but if one accepts the bible ..... then why...

so then
in part coz as the bible says
by what jesus did
god the father gave all judgment of humanity to jesus
and believers in jesus can also exercise that same judgment as a true believer...
and the scripture that best teaches this is the bible.....
so there :)

but then again many christians fail to understand the bible
for the most part not recognizing
say
how reincarnation ispart of the biblical salvation plan
or
say how most christians
think the greek of the new testament says that the wicked
suffer eternally....
sigh
oh well

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
So do you accept the Qu'ran? Either way, why?
Yes i do,
Because it proves itself to be the word of God in many ways, and i will write threads about it.

you probably want to compare what i said about the Bible to the Quran, counting on "skeptic's annotated Quran" claims, which i've read. and ready to disprove them one by one. nothing like this is in the Quran
* Myths.
* It contradicts itself.

KnightOwl

Yes i do,
Because it proves itself to be the word of God in many ways, and i will write threads about it.

you probably want to compare what i said about the Bible to the Quran, counting on "skeptic's annotated Quran" claims, which i've read. and ready to disprove them one by one. nothing like this is in the Quran
* Myths.
* It contradicts itself.

Actually, I'm content to stick to authenticity. Where's the convincing evidence that this is the word of a god?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yes i do,

* Myths.
* It contradicts itself.

biblestudent would say the same thing, friend

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I cannot accept the Bible because God with all his splendor is against gays the very beings he created. Not to mention God caring too much about a humans sexuality. With priest fondling little boys genitals and crusades, witch hunts, African slavery, all done in the name of the bible. Regardless if it'd history its still apart of human interaction

KnightOwl

That's not the Quran. That's an anti-religion website. You think I'm stupid enough not to have seen the link to the anti-Mormon page up in the corner? When I'm ready to read the Quran, it will be without the sarcastic commentary provided by concerned skeptics.

Okay, try this... get out your Book of Mormon and compare the text. The only thing that will be different is the annotation.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Okay, try this... get out your Book of Mormon and compare the text. The only thing that will be different is the annotation.
That's ridiculous. Furthermore, it's way off topic in this discussion. However, if you're interested in a One-on-one Debate, we could cover as many points from that site as you want. Are you up for it?

KnightOwl

That's ridiculous. Furthermore, it's way off topic in this discussion. However, if you're interested in a One-on-one Debate, we could cover as many points from that site as you want. Are you up for it?

Maybe another day... I'm about ready to head out of here. I do love it when the guys in short sleeve white shirts and ties show up at my doorstep though. :) Look forward to it. Maybe we could start a new thread next time we're both online. I'll friend ya.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Maybe another day... I'm about ready to head out of here. I do love it when the guys in short sleeve white shirts and ties show up at my doorstep though. :) Look forward to it. Maybe we could start a new thread next time we're both online. I'll friend ya.
Sounds good to me. I'm gonna hold you to it.

filthy tugboat

Do you accept the Bible? If not, explain why.

Accept the Bible as what?

Do I accept it as a tool used over the millenia to encourage slavery, chauvinism and war?

Do I accept it as a series of mythological stories that are loosely tied together with the theme of a supernatural 'creator'?

Do I accept it as the word of God, whatever that is?

Do I accept it as a historical account as told by ancient ignorant humans?

Do I accept it as religious propaganda that may have been written in Earnest or for deceptive intentions or both?

I accept the Bible as all but one of these things, try and have a guess. (Hint... It's between the second and fourth options.)

BruceDLimber

We Baha'is accept the Bible as legitimate, God-sent scripture with the caveat that it's been at least a bit tampered with over the millenia so that it's not entirely pristine any more.

A good example of this is the fact that most (if not all) Christians now reject the end of Mark as a later interpolation and either relegate it to a footnote or omit it entirely!

Peace, :)

Bruce

Biblestudent_007

care to explain how the bible has anything to do with the existence of god?

In the Old Testament God manifests Himself in different forms -(;~)- in the New Testament it talks about the revelation of Jesus Christ.

There are also Churches which can be temples,houses, or tabernacles.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
In the Old Testament God manifests Himself in different forms -(;~)- in the New Testament it talks about the revelation of Jesus Christ.

There are also Churches which can be temples,houses, or tabernacles.

do you accept the tanakh? or do you feel that it was embellished and became the bible you accept?