• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do these things exist?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Hello;

Do you believe that any of these things exist in the human nature of the heart?

This was something Jesus Christ taught his disciples that reside in the hearts of men; and my question is what do you think about what He had told his disciples in Mark 7.

For from within the hearts of men come evil thoughts, sexual immorality,
theft,
murder (even considered for hate - or saying someone is dead to you),
adultery,
greed,
wickedness,
deceit,
debauchery,
e
nvy,
slander,
arrogance,
and foolishness
All these evils come from within, and these are what defile a man.”

Now this is not me speaking, and just sharing. What are your thoughts on these thing? Are they true? Do they exist with-in man?

Heart Problems.

I am not a Christian. Yet, I must say that you have misunderstood this verse. It does not say that these evil's exist within. It says it comes from within. Which means when you have these thoughts or when these evils manifest, it is your fault. It comes from within you. It comes from within you and defiles you. It is a giving of responsibility.

Clara Tea

It is proven the heart is a muscle, thinking is done with the brain.

Yup i disagree with the evidence claim, there is not even any evidence Jesus lived as the guy depicted in the bible.

My heart goes "thump, thump" which is more than my brain ever did.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello;

This was something Jesus Christ taught his disciples that reside in the hearts of men; and my question is what do you think about what He had told his disciples in Mark 7.

theft,
adultery,
greed,
wickedness,
deceit,
debauchery,
e
nvy,
slander,
arrogance,
and foolishness

Now this is not me speaking, and just sharing. What are your thoughts on these thing? Are they true? Do they exist with-in man?

Heart Problems.
What do you mean by the heart here? Both moral and immoral impulses come from the mind surely. The mind is generated by the brain.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Hello;

theft,
adultery,
greed,
wickedness,
deceit,
debauchery,
e
nvy,
slander,
arrogance,
and foolishness

Heart Problems.
Although a few of the things you listed are actions rather than traits, I would say that most of the things were traits of what we call the Yetzer HaRa, or "Evil Inclination." It exists within all humans. We also have a Yetzer Tov, or "Good Inclination."

the Bible also says that “the heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate.
How we take in knowledge and submit to discipline determines to a large degree what affections or desires, whether good or bad, develop in our hearts, and with what intensity they spring from the heart. Moreover, the mind needs good reasons to recommend to the heart as to why something should be done or not be done. It takes educating and disciplining of the heart. (Prov. 23:12) “Apply your heart to discipline And your ear to the sayings of knowledge”

At Proverbs 4:23, the term “heart” is used to refer to “the inner person” or “secret self.” (Read Psalm 51:6) In other words, “heart” refers to our private thoughts, feelings, motives, and desires. It is who we really are on the inside, not just who we appear to be on the outside.
To safeguard our heart, we must not only close it to wrong influences but also open it to positive influences.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hello;

theft,
adultery,
greed,
wickedness,
deceit,
debauchery,
e
nvy,
slander,
arrogance,
and foolishness

Heart Problems.
They are traits and qualities that all animals share in one form or another. A product of evolution and survival that runs throughout the animal kingdom.