• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do the abrahamic God dislike sex outside of marriage?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
He shouldn't have let the Judges destroy Asherah's garden. Now, poor Yaweh get's to sleep on the couch for all eternity. That's why he is so stuck up about sex and women's rights. It's all a divine tantrum.
I am not well-verses in the Bible so I don't know anything about Asherah's garden, but I believe that the Old Testament anthropomorphizes God so I do not take what it says about God seriously....

As for women not having equal rights, that is a thing of the past, as in this new age God is all for women's rights. More work needs to be done to achieve full equality but gender equality is coming to fruition, as we can see in the world, with women serving in positions that were formerly reserved only for men. So God's will always prevails.

“Over a century ago, and for the first time in the history of revealed religion, Bahá’u’lláh, Prophet-Founder of the Baha'i Faith, proclaimed the equality of man and woman. He did not leave this pronouncement as an ideal or pious hope but wove it, as a basic factor, into the fabric of His social order. He supported it by laws requiring the same standard of education for women as for men, and equality of rights in society.

Equality of the sexes is, for Baha'is, a spiritual and moral standard essential for the unification of the planet and the unfoldment of world order. Without the qualities, talents, and skills of both women and men, full economic and social development of the planet becomes impossible. For

The world of humanity is possessed of two wings — the male and the female. So long as these two wings are not equivalent in strength the bird will not fly. Until womankind reaches the same degree as man, until she enjoys the same arena of activity, extraordinary attainment for humanity will not be realized; humanity cannot wing its way to heights of real attainment.1

Equality of Men & Women: A New Reality

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
@JustGeorge ... sorry I forgot, your kids are just getting into that age. Best wishes, and do know they will get out the other side.

I'm not worried about it. The teenager isn't really interested in romantic relationships at this point(I've heard that isn't unusual with teenagers with Asperger's).

epronovost

I am not well-verses in the Bible so I don't know anything about Asherah's garden, but I believe that the Old Testament anthropomorphizes God so I do not take what it says about God seriously....

As for women not having equal rights, that is a thing of the past, as in this new age God is all for women's rights. More work needs to be done to achieve full equality but gender equality is coming to fruition, as we can see in the world, with women serving in positions that were formerly reserved only for men. So God's will always prevails.

“Over a century ago, and for the first time in the history of revealed religion, Bahá’u’lláh, Prophet-Founder of the Baha'i Faith, proclaimed the equality of man and woman. He did not leave this pronouncement as an ideal or pious hope but wove it, as a basic factor, into the fabric of His social order. He supported it by laws requiring the same standard of education for women as for men, and equality of rights in society.

Equality of the sexes is, for Baha'is, a spiritual and moral standard essential for the unification of the planet and the unfoldment of world order. Without the qualities, talents, and skills of both women and men, full economic and social development of the planet becomes impossible. For

The world of humanity is possessed of two wings — the male and the female. So long as these two wings are not equivalent in strength the bird will not fly. Until womankind reaches the same degree as man, until she enjoys the same arena of activity, extraordinary attainment for humanity will not be realized; humanity cannot wing its way to heights of real attainment.1

And that's why women can serve at the highest level of the Baha'i: the Universal House of Justice...

Oh wait; It's only open to men. My mistake.

(As are some position in the military too. It looks my poor little sister doesn't get a break there either.)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And that's why women can serve at the highest level of the Baha'i: the Universal House of Justice...

Oh wait; It's only open to men. My mistake.

(As are some position in the military too. It looks my poor little sister doesn't get a break there either.)
Don't waste your time going there, since you do not know the reason. I do not know the reason either, not yet, but we are told the reason will be revealed to us in due time. Meanwhile, I do not know any Baha'i women who are bothered by it because we have faith in Baha'u'llah.

Irate State

Äkta människor

I like the honesty of the Baha'i, they're openly against same sex relationships.
Commendable. NOT.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Do the abrahamic God dislike sex outside of marriage?

Outside of religion I think what is importance is first love of others, peace with others. All of the religious rules associated with marriage are based in assumptions about real life scenarios. What God thinks is something we infer. How should we treat other people? What is the best way? That's what God would want. Does God want us to be cruel just so that we keep a rule? I don't think so. What about if we break a rule to save a life? Surely saving that life is more important than the rule is? Its practical.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Outside of religion I think what is importance is first love of others, peace with others. All of the religious rules associated with marriage are based in assumptions about real life scenarios. What God thinks is something we infer. How should we treat other people? What is the best way? That's what God would want. Does God want us to be cruel just so that we keep a rule? I don't think so. What about if we break a rule to save a life? Surely saving that life is more important than the rule is? Its practical.
I agree

epronovost

Don't waste your time going there, since you do not know the reason. I do not know the reason either, not yet, but we are told the reason will be revealed to us in due time. Meanwhile, I do not know any Baha'i women who are bothered by it because we have faith in Baha'u'llah.

I don't need the reason to understand the consequences. The consequences is sexism and inequalities. You can keep faith that your prophet will return from the dead and tell you everything and anything that he didn't provide in hte first place, but don't gargarise yourself in the fact that your religion defends gender equality when it only does so to a limited extant. Be honest about your own faith and, maybe, disagree with it on a point or two once in a while.

epronovost

It can cause problems for us such as unwanted pregnancies leading to abortions which I believe more why God encourages us to only use it within marriage as marriage is a kind of protection.

Marriage in my religion is described as ‘a fortress for well-being”.

About 25% of all abortions in Canada are from married women. It used to be 35%, but has decreased as the number of married women fell.

epronovost

She has, if you pay attention to her posts and threads. She struggles a lot with her faith in God.

Good to know, I don't know who she is nor do I recall any of her previous post.

PS: Don't take it too personal ,but I think I remember you, but I'm not sure from which thread. Then again you are a neo-pagan and there aren't that many on site.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member

PS: Don't take it too personal ,but I think I remember you, but I'm not sure from which thread. Then again you are a neo-pagan and there aren't that many on site.
Most relative noobs wouldn't know me that well but I have a deep history on this site for whom I've known and things I've gone though while being a member here.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Most people who have been around RF very long know that I have "issues" with God and I have started many threads to discuss those issues. However, I have no issues with Baha'u'llah because He was just a Messenger of God, and He did not create this world which is a storehouse of suffering which is unequally distributed.

I do not question anything Baha'u'llah wrote because I believe what He revealed represents the will of God for this age. Since I am just a fallible human being I would consider it highly arrogant to question anything He wrote or question how He set up the Baha'i institutions.

Anyone can find fault with any religion if they are looking for it, something they do not agree with or like, but I consider this ego.