• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do some conservatives want armed revolution

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
While what you say is certainly true, now is certainly not that time.
Agreed! Woo hoo! Detente!

Hmmm....wait....you're not saying we should avoid the eternal vigilance part I hope?
That's the part where we read our Constitution, pay attention to current events, &
vote carefully.

Last edited:

xkatz

Agreed! Woo hoo! Detente!

Hmmm....wait....you're not saying we should avoid the eternal vigilance part I hope?
That's the part where we read our Constitution, pay attention to current events, &
vote carefully.

Yes we should be vigilant, but we should not have revolutions when they are really not needed or may hurt America, such as now.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes we should be vigilant, but we should not have revolutions when they are really not needed or may hurt America, such as now.
The thing I don't like about a revolution (aside from the usual death & destruction) is that we could be even worse off.
I imagine that some disgruntled people might've once cried, "Anyone but Batista!". Oh yeah, that turned out well.

rreppy

The Left had to put up with all the constitution-breaking, election-stealing, Treasury-robbing, nation-bankrupting bullcrap of the Bush years, but we never advocated violent overthrow of the duly elected administration like the Right is doing now. They do not know what they are calling for, for blood will be met with blood. I would gladly take to the streets with rifle in hand to prevent the Republican Right Whackos from controlling all 3 branches of the government again.
As far as states seceding goes, if one of them is Texas, then by all means, leave! At least that way they can never saddle us with a Texas president again.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The Left had to put up with all the constitution-breaking, election-stealing, Treasury-robbing, nation-bankrupting bullcrap of the Bush years, but we never advocated violent overthrow of the duly elected administration like the Right is doing now.
You are painting with a broad brush. Most Republicans do not want to do anything but go to the ballot box this November.
They do not know what they are calling for, for blood will be met with blood. I would gladly take to the streets with rifle in hand to prevent the Republican Right Whackos from controlling all 3 branches of the government again.
Oh really? I find that statement interesting
As far as states seceding goes, if one of them is Texas, then by all means, leave! At least that way they can never saddle us with a Texas president again.

Why does the United states have to have blanket laws? If some states want different things than others, why should we ram them down other states throats?

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
There is only one way to resolve an argument that is the John Wayne style. The only guy i know that single handedly won the civil War, the first world, the second world war and the Vietnam war all by himself. With lead!
Discussion, thought , respect, understanding, compassion, are for all them commie wimps.

and don't call me a red neck I seen it all, through my slanty glasses.

Cheers

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
The right definitely wants a revolution, because they see America taking a turn in a direction, where they may not have a say in the government for much longer. The way the country is going there won't be any place in the government for a party like the GOP, and that of course scares them crapless. I on the other hand, would love to see the religious nuts and righties try to fight the government, see how far they get. Not far.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Left had to put up with all the constitution-breaking, election-stealing, Treasury-robbing, nation-bankrupting bullcrap of the Bush years, but we never advocated violent overthrow of the duly elected administration like the Right is doing now. They do not know what they are calling for, for blood will be met with blood. I would gladly take to the streets with rifle in hand to prevent the Republican Right Whackos from controlling all 3 branches of the government again.

The Constitution has been pretty well trampled by oxen from both parties. Bush was just
continuing Clinton's muddy footprints, who followed Bush Sr, who....
Here is one paper which I read many years ago about Clinton in particular:
Dereliction Of Duty: The Constitutional Record of President Clinton

Constitutional liberties are not just Republican vs Democrat.....I see it as Republicrat vs us.

Wannabe Yogi

The right definitely wants a revolution, because they see America taking a turn in a direction, where they may not have a say in the government for much longer. The way the country is going there won't be any place in the government for a party like the GOP, and that of course scares them crapless. I on the other hand, would love to see the religious nuts and righties try to fight the government, see how far they get. Not far.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

They might be able to stop the changes in the short term. But the demographics are against them in the long term. Most emigrants who some in to this country tend democratic. (except for the cubans, and the Chinese are split 50/50) Todays youth are also much more liberal then there parents.
Its a funny thing to say but the hippy generation turned out very conservative. The people who were called the Greatest Generation, the Americans who became Adults pre WWII where much more liberal by comparison. They gave us FDR, MLK, and RFK.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think you hit the nail on the head.

They might be able to stop the changes in the shot term. But the demographics are against them in the long term. Most emigrants who some in to this country tend democratic. (except for the cubans, and the Chinese are split 50/50) Todays youth are also much more liberal then there parents.
Its a funny thing to say but the hippy generation turned out very conservative. The people who were called the Greatest Generation, the Americans who became Adults pre WWII where much more liberal by comparison. They gave us FDR, MLK, and RFK.
Alas, I must agree with your prognosis, although my reasons differ. As politicians deliver on promises of ever more benefits, more voters will live off of government largess.
It's already approaching a tipping point of 50% of households which pay no federal income tax. Our system will become unstable when Peter & Paul may vote that Bill support them.

Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You are painting with a broad brush. Most Republicans do not want to do anything but go to the ballot box this November.
The fact is Bush completely disregarded the Constitution, and international law. The bank bailouts happened under his watch, not Obama's as the Indiana Republican campaign adds are implying, and when the Florida mess was finally figured out, it wasn't Bush that who the 2000 election, by popular vote or electorial.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The fact is Bush completely disregarded the Constitution, and international law.

Don't they all?

The bank bailouts happened under his watch, not Obama's as the Indiana Republican campaign adds are implying....
Wrongo pongo. Obama is continuing Bush's bail-out policy (which was bi-partisan, btw).
This debacle belongs to both parties.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wrongo pongo. Obama is continuing Bush's bail-out policy (which was bi-partisan, btw).
It did, but most of the Republicans running for Senate seem to think it was only Obama. One of them, I don't remember which, is at least admitting there is big spending on both sides in his ad. But to the rest of them Liberals are the big bad wolf and Conservatives are the only intelligent, sane, a competent people who can run this nation.

Wannabe Yogi

It did, but most of the Republicans running for Senate seem to think it was only Obama. One of them, I don't remember which, is at least admitting there is big spending on both sides in his ad. But to the rest of them Liberals are the big bad wolf and Conservatives are the only intelligent, sane, a competent people who can run this nation.

The problem is that many Americans seem to Ignorant, have a short attention span, and a poor memory. It's hard for me to believe that our leaders get away with what they do.