• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do I have to be a religious nut to post on RF?

What are your favorite subjects to discuss?

• Total voters

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Your posts mostly seem like trolling to me, if you're willing to receive critique outside your own imagination.

I've payed attention to @Father Heathen from afar for some time. I think a lot of his posts are in the politics board and aimed at trying to help people better understand the world from a left-wing perspective. I don't consider them trolling, really.

Add to that he has been here since 2008, and I think that alone warrants respect.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've payed attention to @Father Heathen from afar for some time. I think a lot of his posts are in the politics board and aimed at trying to help people better understand the world from a left-wing perspective. I don't consider them trolling, really.

Add to that he has been here since 2008, and I think that alone warrants respect.
I've sensed his being angry these last few years, hence some of his posts
also striking me as trollish. But don't think that I'm insulting him....we all
have moods. He's quite reasonable & civil...his avatar notwithstanding.

PureX

Veteran Member
I'm not interested in religion, myself. But I am interested in how people think, and how they "reason", and it seems to me that in discussing religion and philosophy, and their relationship to science and politics and ethics provides an excellent opportunity for me to get some idea of how people think and reason about their own existence. And I am endlessly curious about this. That's why I'm here.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe I could become Baha’i..! ;)

Maybe, but there is only one that can make that choice about Faith. :)

At least there is never a dull moment and one would never want to stop talking about God and virtues. :)

Life is full of great things to enjoy and talk about. The key is it is all worthless without the knowledge of God.

I have had a life of many pursuits. I have travelled, owned boats and fished, traversed my country in 4wd vehicles, had many jobs and skills and in the end it all came to nothing, it was all a waste without due service to Faith and God.

Thus you may just be in a lull, maybe you also long to serve your Faith but are being distracted by what the world offers.

All the best Landon, I hope you find your happy. My experience is that it cannot be found anywhere but in Faith.

God = Happy :)

World = a matrix to find happy.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And then there’s the Baha’i, who claim to offer something new

I have no complaints, except maybe for being banned and thus unable to talk about God on RF forums :)

But then that may be a good thing, if we are actually talking to people, that in no way shape or form want to talk about God. :) In that case I should go and not need a boot.

Regards Tony

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not interested in religion, myself. But I am interested in how people think, and how they "reason", and it seems to me that in discussing religion and philosophy, and their relationship to science and politics and ethics provides an excellent opportunity for me to get some idea of how people think and reason about their own existence. And I am endlessly curious about this. That's why I'm here.
Do you suggest any books about this? Anything that surprised you.

PureX

Veteran Member
Do you suggest any books about this? Anything that surprised you.
I read a book called "People of the Lie" by M. Scott Peck many years ago that opened my eyes a bit. It wasn't the author's take that interested me so much as the cases he cited as his examples of 'evil' at work. The strange combination of both ignorance and intent. Real evil is very, very rarely conscious, organized, and deliberate. It's almost always hidden from the perpetrators, themselves, who see themselves and being innocent, and even victims in some twisted way. And although it's not 'organized' in a deliberate way, it tends to be effective through mutual complicity. Harmful people get bound together in the unconscious pack of their own dishonesty and denial. Almost no human ever knowingly and willingly wants to hurt another, and yet we do hurt each other all the time. So how does that keep happening? How does who we think we are become so divorced from who we actually are?

It's a very big question with some very complicated answers.