• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do God really care about which religion people follow?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
It doesn’t say they are going to Heaven though. Christ was very clear that the only way in was through Him.

Think about the thief on the cross next to him who was about to die also, he had no time left to do good works or love or anything, except accepting Jesus.
But "through him," IMV, doesn't mean he, a man, though a special man, is The Way, but rather his words, his example is The Way. Believe not in "him alone," but believe in his message -- the Good News. And in that sense it is "works." Not necessarily the works of the hands, but the works of the heart, for the hands will follow the heart.

King Phenomenon

I personally believe that we are all in for a lot of surprises on the day of judgement or whatever you want to call it. Also, I don't believe that God requires us passing some sort of test. I do what works best for me, a 21st century American woman. I know my perception is limited.
No one will see the end. It will happen like a sneeze imo.

Question: Do God really care about which religion people follow?

My answer: I believe that to have a good heart is what matters. Is our actions who matters to God , not which religion you follow

Whats your answer to this question?
I'm assuming we are talking about the abrahamic God here. All three abrahamic religions profess that God created a covenant with Abraham. Which other God did that besides the abrahamic God? None. Allah is God in Arabic. Let's not confuse that either. I believe all three religions worship the same God but in different ways based on culture, tradition etc. In the end, no. I don't think it matters one bit.

It's impossible for a finite brain to objectively comprehend an infinitely intelligent agent. Do finite numbers ever get to equal infinity? No. Let's be a little rational about this instead of saying man was actually able to comprehend God's words.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

My answer: I believe that to have a good heart is what matters. Is our actions who matters to God , not which religion you follow

It is my opinion that God does not care what religion you do or do not follow.
I base this opinion on:

Matthew 7:1-2
Judge not, that ye may not be judged​
for in what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged, and in what measure ye measure, it shall be measured to you.​

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My view is that someone's religion or lack thereof is unimportant. If anything counts it's deeds. That also echoes the Sermon on the Mount for Christians which is all about what people should do.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Question: Do the gods really care about which religion people follow?

Question adjusted to be inclusive of polytheist theology as that's the vantage point I'm going to respond from.

In the sense that the gods can be said to "care" about anything (which is often a bit of an anthropomorphism and not especially accurate, but let's run with it), yes. Because polytheistic religions are typically far more about what you do than what you believe - your religion is your way of life, it is your action, your chosen virtues expressed in the world, who and what you serve. And without a doubt, which gods you choose to serve actively in any given moment is of importance. It is one of the many ways in which the gods act within the world. Human mediators are neither necessary nor possible for many types of gods, but for others they are downright essential.

Take for example, the abundant examples of gods of arts and crafts and trades in polytheistic cultures. These gods express themselves directly through the works created by human hands. Artists are direct agents of the Muses, inventors the direct agents of Techne. Again "care" is a weird way of putting it, honestly, but the humans and gods have distinct relationships with one another and both dependences and interdependencies. Gods of creativity without beings to be creative and appreciate creativity don't have much of a voice at the table.

Tinkerpeach

But "through him," IMV, doesn't mean he, a man, though a special man, is The Way, but rather his words, his example is The Way. Believe not in "him alone," but believe in his message -- the Good News. And in that sense it is "works." Not necessarily the works of the hands, but the works of the heart, for the hands will follow the heart.
As Christians we are to emulate His works as much as possible but one MUST accept Him as the Savior. If you don’t do that first then nothing else you do matters.

Similarly you cannot be saved then continue living a sinful life without any regard. They go hand in hand.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
As Christians we are to emulate His works as much as possible but one MUST accept Him as the Savior. If you don’t do that first then nothing else you do matters.

Similarly you cannot be saved then continue living a sinful life without any regard. They go hand in hand.
If one accepts his words, and lives The Way, they will sin no more. Accepting his words, his teachings, and living them, is the Saving Grace of the Father. IMO anyone who lives The Way of Jesus is saved by him, known or not, and are doing the will of the Father. Abraham lived The Way without knowing Jesus. Is he lost, or saved?

soulsurvivor

Premium Member

This is true. The Gods don't care at all which religion you follow. However, having a good heart is not enough - taking action is equally important, like helping others, making sure justice is served etc.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I personally believe that we are all in for a lot of surprises on the day of judgement or whatever you want to call it. Also, I don't believe that God requires us passing some sort of test. I do what works best for me, a 21st century American woman. I know my perception is limited.
The biggest surprise, I suspect, will be that you won't exist to be surprised. Which presents something of a contradiction, doesn't it?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I think that the world would be a better place if people behaved towards each other with decency, respect, inclusion and common sense.

It doesn't really matter what they do or don't believe.

Tinkerpeach

If one accepts his words, and lives The Way, they will sin no more. Accepting his words, his teachings, and living them, is the Saving Grace of the Father. IMO anyone who lives The Way of Jesus is saved by him, known or not, and are doing the will of the Father. Abraham lived The Way without knowing Jesus. Is he lost, or saved?
Did Abraham know of Jesus?

Those who haven’t heard of Him are not accountable to Him.

InChrist

Free4ever
I

I believe God desires a living personal relationship with those He created; each person. I believe that is the reason He created us. So I believe God cares and don’t think God wants people distracted from Himself with numerous, various, worthless religions.