• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do God really care about which religion people follow?

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
If God really care about which religion we humans follow and punish us with hell just because we believed wrong then God is not loving and just.

I would add that such a god is also unreasonable, especially within a paradigm where a finite human being has only one chance to 'get it right.'

It can be argued that the whole idea of 'religion' is a Western concept. If that is the case, does God care which version of this Western concept a person subscribes to? A person might as well earn a bachelor's degree at the 'right university' in order to be deemed truly educated. :)

Tinkerpeach

That makes it sound like no one should be telling the story of Jesus -- their souls would be safer, huh?
I don't think so. His message should be shared, and that message was how to live a righteous life doing God's will.
Well that’s one way to look at it.

I suppose one could use that argument to support abortion also since they are sending the aborted fetus directly to Heaven they are actually doing a good thing.

Someone should let planned parenthood know.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Question: Do God really care about which religion people follow?

My answer: I believe that to have a good heart is what matters. Is our actions who matters to God , not which religion you follow

Whats your answer to this question?
I believe that each monotheist constructs their god for themselves and that, usually, this god will be an expression of the believer's own ideas of perfection and virtue.

So if you think it's better for God not to care about religion, that's precisely how God feels, too. OTOH, if you think that it's better for God to insist on a single religion, then that's also precisely how God feels, too.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

I suppose one could use that argument to support abortion also since they are sending the aborted fetus directly to Heaven they are actually doing a good thing.

That's the logical implication.

Take mainstream Christian beliefs at face value and the greatest marytr of our time is Andrea Yates: by very standard Christian theology, she sacrificed her own chance at Heaven to guarantee that her children would get there.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with abortion. And that is not a subject I wish to discuss let alone debate.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

My answer: I believe that to have a good heart is what matters. Is our actions who matters to God , not which religion you follow

I think any decent god would care about your actions, not your beliefs. We are on this earth together, so we need to be caring and try to get along.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
It doesn’t say they are going to Heaven though. Christ was very clear that the only way in was through Him.

Think about the thief on the cross next to him who was about to die also, he had no time left to do good works or love or anything, except accepting Jesus.
Jesus saw his sincere heart. The thief didn't say the Sinner's Prayer.

Tinkerpeach

That's the logical implication.

Take mainstream Christian beliefs at face value and the greatest marytr of our time is Andrea Yates: by very standard Christian theology, she sacrificed her own chance at Heaven to guarantee that her children would get there.
Of course judgement is reserved for God.

It’s possible He could base that off of what they would have done if they lived also.
Jesus saw his sincere heart. The thief didn't say the Sinner's Prayer.
I’ve never said it either, don’t even know it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

A good heart and a person with righteous action would follow the guidance of God.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
A good heart and a person with righteous action would follow the guidance of God.
Indeed, if they stay with the simplicity of "love one another." If they try to read more into what God wants, then they could end up paving their road to hell with their good intentions.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
In your personal opinion, of course. However, I believe differently. I don't believe that a person has to follow your God in order to have a good heart or to take righteous action. I've demonstrated this in my own life and have seen it in the lives of others who don't believe in the biblical God or in any gods.
I don't believe a person needs to diminish another's personal god's qualities, attributes, or intent in order to make their own personal view appear superior to another's.

Your experiences are for you. No need to push them upon others.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I don't believe a person needs to diminish another's personal god's qualities, attributes, or intent in order to make their own personal view appear superior to another's.

Your experiences are for you. No need to push them upon others.

I don't believe I said anything wrong, but you are entitled to your own personal opinion, just as everyone else is.

@Link, I decided to delete my response to your post because you and I have a friendly history. I don't want to say something that might upset you. Peace.