• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians really think...

Blackdog22

That God is going to reveal himself to us just in time to send us to hell?

What I mean by this is apparently God remains an invisible being all of our lives and then when we die.... BAM, "Hey God, Did I believe in you hard enough to go to heaven?" Of course God answers that no, an atheist didn't believe hard enough to go to heaven and then proceeds to backhand us into hell, which he didn't want to send us too, but somehow we end up their without his permission? Or something?

Do Christians really believe this? Doesn't that seem rather...... silly?

joea

Oshoyoi
I don't have a belief. Once you have one, you are borrowing from what others told you. Truth is an individual realization, it cannot be transferred from your churches, your scriptures etc.......and even if you knew the truth, would you be able to explain it in words?....or in silence?

rusra02

Premium Member

What I mean by this is apparently God remains an invisible being all of our lives and then when we die.... BAM, "Hey God, Did I believe in you hard enough to go to heaven?" Of course God answers that no, an atheist didn't believe hard enough to go to heaven and then proceeds to backhand us into hell, which he didn't want to send us too, but somehow we end up their without his permission? Or something?

The Bible does not teach that God throws people into a literal burning hellfire to roast forever in torment. Nor does it teach that all good people go to heaven. So true Christians do not believe these falsehoods. More than silly, such false teachings dishonor God and bring reproach upon his name.
There are many invisible things we believe in because of the evidence for their existence. Gravity, wind, atoms, and many other realities are unseen. Almighty God, who created the universe of billions of galaxies cannot be seen by human eyes. A human staring at the sun for a few minutes can permanently damage their eyesight. Imagine viewing the Creator of billions of suns. The Bible speaks of God as "the one...who dwells in unapproachable light, whom not one of men has seen or can see'" (1 Timothy 6:16) God told Moses "No man may see me and yet live." (Exodus 4:20) The evidence God exists is overwhelming, even though we cannot see him. His creation provides proof positive of his existence, almighty power, and infinite wisdom. (Romans 1:20)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
What I want to know is why you care about what Christians believe?

It is obvious to me that you are not a Christian or care to be enlightened about our belief.

I believe the intent of this thread is to ridicule people of faith, please tell me I am wrong.

David69

Angel Of The North
How can God reveil himself?

Christians borrowed the truth but they couldnt recognise the truth so they wrongly interperated the truth! mostly to there advantage! Just how I see it and am proberbly not the only one ;)

Last edited:

David69

Angel Of The North

It is obvious to me that you are not a Christian or care to be enlightened about our belief.

I believe the intent of this thread is to ridicule people of faith, please tell me I am wrong.

He ridicules everybody doesnt he? food for the ego imo Just an observation

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

I think what you think we think is not what God thinks, nor is it what we think.

Blackdog22

This is a pretty old thread. Since it is up I might as well chime in. Has noone in here ever heard of the idea of hellfire for not believing in God? If not I would suggest to go to any local church, youll eventually find it. If you don't believe in this then it isn't really relevant to you. If you do, then I ask how is this justice?

sojourner

Do Christians really think...

That you know what you're talking about from a theological standpoint?

sojourner

This is a pretty old thread. Since it is up I might as well chime in. Has noone in here ever heard of the idea of hellfire for not believing in God? If not I would suggest to go to any local church, youll eventually find it. If you don't believe in this then it isn't really relevant to you. If you do, then I ask how is this justice?
You won't find it ever in my local church. Therefore, your statement is wrong.

nevaya

I am not Christian, but it is part of wanting to be enlightened that drives me to understand Christianity and the followers.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I am not Christian, but it is part of wanting to be enlightened that drives me to understand Christianity and the followers.
It's good to want to understand a belief other than your own. The problem is that Christianity is so fractured today that if you ask ten different Christians the same question, you had pretty much plan on getting ten different answers. Granted, depending upon the question, several of them may be similar to each other. Others, though, may be quite different. It really makes more sense to try to figure out what Catholics believe, what Baptists believe, what Mormons believe, what Pentacostals believe, etc. See what I mean?

thedope

There is a difference between a precept and a doctrine.

A doctrine is a description that forms the basis for belief.

A precept is a principle, a practical teaching or instruction, that forms the basis for transformation.

newhope101

No, if God bothers to resurrect the likes of you, it will be to a testing period after you have died.

What you miss out on for your hatred is you will not go stright to heaven and recieve the fulfillment of the promise. You will die and sleep untill the the resurrection of the last days.

I believe that in the time of the end their will be no need for faith and that something will happen where even people full of hatred for religion will see and know what is going on. You will either make your mind over to do what is required or you will not. No one will fool God or Jesus. Why? Because your heart and mind is known. The bible says "All the nations will tremble in fear". Many believe it will already be too late to be saved. I do not.

So basically if you are around at Armageddon when you 'see', and choose to not follow the right way, then you will die, no resurrection for you. It may be days, weeks or months, then...You just die Pal. No music, or harps, you won't go anywhere to chat with God nor plead your case, no backhand to hell..just knowing that as you die others will have chosen eternal life and you are about to go into non existence, never to return. So don't worry. You will get your wish...no backhand...just death.

So I do not think God is the stupid one. You should be glad that someone powerful and all knowing will be judging you, and not the religions of this world that preach exclusivity for salvation..

Blackdog22

No, if God bothers to resurrect the likes of you, it will be to a testing period after you have died.

What you miss out on for your hatred is you will not go stright to heaven and recieve the fulfillment of the promise. You will die and sleep untill the the resurrection of the last days.

I believe that in the time of the end their will be no need for faith and that something will happen where even people full of hatred for religion will see and know what is going on. You will either make your mind over to do what is required or you will not. No one will fool God or Jesus. Why? Because your heart and mind is known. The bible says "All the nations will tremble in fear". Many believe it will already be too late to be saved. I do not.

So basically if you are around at Armageddon when you 'see', and choose to not follow the right way, then you will die, no resurrection for you. It may be days, weeks or months, then...You just die Pal. No music, or harps, you won't go anywhere to chat with God nor plead your case, no backhand to hell..just knowing that as you die others will have chosen eternal life and you are about to go into non existence, never to return. So don't worry. You will get your wish...no backhand...just death.

So I do not think God is the stupid one. You should be glad that someone powerful and all knowing will be judging you, and not the religions of this world that preach exclusivity for salvation..

A couple of things. One, nowhere did I say I hated God, I don't believe he exists so their is nothing to hate. Two I never said God is stupid, again I don't believe he exists. Three your making claims that I will die while others get to choose eternal life. Why do you believe this and why should I? Four, you claim someone all knowing is judging me, how do you know this?