• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do animals and humans end up in front of God when they die?

Frank Goad

I read in the case of Elisha in 2 Kings 2:11 that horses came down from the sky.And were on fire.Also it says all die.Animals and humans in Ecclesiastes 3:19.It also says all go to the same place in Ecclesiastes 3:20.And in Ecclesiastes 12:7 it says a human's spirit goes right to God at death.Also 2 Kings 6:15-17 sounds like the horses in 2 Kings 2:11.:)And it says in Ecclesiastes 3:21 who knows if the spirit of animal goes up or down.If you click on the bible passages it translates them for you.:)

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I read in the case of Elisha in 2 Kings 2:11 that horses came down from the sky.And were on fire.Also it says all die.Animals and humans in Ecclesiastes 3:19.It also says all go to the same place in Ecclesiastes 3:20.And in Ecclesiastes 12:7 it says a human's spirit goes right to God at death.Also 2 Kings 6:15-17 sounds like the horses in 2 Kings 2:11.:)And it says in Ecclesiastes 3:21 who knows if the spirit of animal goes upward.If you click on the bible passages it translates them for you.
If horses of fire came down I don't think they were from earth.
Yes there's indications that heaven has animals.
But I doubt they are from here.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I read in the case of Elisha in 2 Kings 2:11 that horses came down from the sky.And were on fire.Also it says all die.Animals and humans in Ecclesiastes 3:19.It also says all go to the same place in Ecclesiastes 3:20.And in Ecclesiastes 12:7 it says a human's spirit goes right to God at death.Also 2 Kings 6:15-17 sounds like the horses in 2 Kings 2:11.:)And it says in Ecclesiastes 3:21 who knows if the spirit of animal goes upward.If you click on the bible passages it translates them for you.:)
If you think animals see God when they die. Sure why not?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes there's indications that heaven has animals.
But I doubt they are from here.
What verses support that there are animals in heaven? If not from earth, where would they be from?

There had better be animals in heaven because heaven would not be heaven without animals.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't believe that animals have a need to be judged, since they don't have the same understanding of right and wrong that we do, but I definitely believe they'll be in Heaven with us. (Although sometimes I think that my one little dog, Friederik will end up elsewhere if he pees in my house one more time.)
I know what you mean only too well, with eight cats, but the way I see it, if God can forgive our sins we should be able to forgive the sins of our pets especially because they do not know better whereas we do!

The cat in my avatar is called Simon. I adopted him a couple of months ago. He was up for adoption for months and nobody wanted him because he had not used a litter box in six years! Normally he would have been adopted as soon as he went up for adoption because Persians are in high demand. Look at that little angel, he is a purebred show quality Persian that would have cost a fortune from a breeder but I adopted him because I did not care if he went on the floor. I did not think he would though, and he never did. He uses the litter box religiously because he knows he is loved. I adopted three other Persians who supposedly had litter box problems but none of them had any problems in my home.

Firelight

Inactive member
I read in the case of Elisha in 2 Kings 2:11 that horses came down from the sky.And were on fire.Also it says all die.Animals and humans in Ecclesiastes 3:19.It also says all go to the same place in Ecclesiastes 3:20.And in Ecclesiastes 12:7 it says a human's spirit goes right to God at death.Also 2 Kings 6:15-17 sounds like the horses in 2 Kings 2:11.:)And it says in Ecclesiastes 3:21 who knows if the spirit of animal goes up or down.If you click on the bible passages it translates them for you.:)

No. Humans, well actually “spiritual beings” since the human body died, wait for judgment day. I’m not sure where all the animals go, I doubt they need to face judgment, but they will return to God at some point.

Eccl 12:7 does not say, “a human’s spirit goes right to God at death.”

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't believe that animals have a need to be judged, since they don't have the same understanding of right and wrong that we do, but I definitely believe they'll be in Heaven with us. (Although sometimes I think that my one little dog, Friederik will end up elsewhere if he pees in my house one more time.)
My cat is surely going to hell. She is the Devil's cat. She's a little red fireball with an attitude as it is. Lol

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
No, I don’t, Frank. Some of that is symbolic language.
Do you also think there are literal chariots in heaven?

Regarding our spirit, or *life-force*...it ‘returns to God’ in the sense that He’s the Source of it, it belongs to Him. Because read Psalms 146:4.... it says the dead person’s spirit “goes out”: it leaves the person. Does that verse say it ‘returns’ anywhere? No.

So how can you mesh these two verses?

You can liken it to electricity, the *life-force* behind a lightbulb, or stereo. Flip the switch off, and the light in the bulb ‘dies’; the sound in the stereo, ‘dies.’ The electricity “goes out.”
But that electricity still belongs to the Power Company, ready to be used in another device, to “give it life,” so to speak.

What is the future(John 6:44) Resurrection, Frank?

Bree

Eccl is making the point that the 'soul' of both animal and human dies.

The human spirit, the 'ruach' is the 'breath of life' within us according to Genesis. The creation account says that God 'formed the man' from the ground and 'blew into his nostrils the breath of life and the man came to be a living soul'

Why does that spirit return to God? Because it is God who gives it and the force of life within us is the result of power from him. So when we die, that power returns to God because he is its source. But we are no longer alive, not conscious just like the animals.

Bree

just another question for you frank,

If animals and mankind are on an even level in Gods eyes, why would he give us permission to slaughter and eat them?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
just another question for you frank,

If animals and mankind are on an even level in Gods eyes, why would he give us permission to slaughter and eat them?

Where did he give us permission to slaughter and eat them?

Thou shall not kill*.

*Unless the following conditions are met
  • Canaanites occupy land you were promised
  • I tell you to kill your son (no...wait, don't really do it; I just wanted you to fear me)
  • You're hungry (but only kill non-humans; their lives are worth less than yours)
  • Ah, you know what? Just interpret this as it fits your agenda

I really wish God would have included the fine print after each Commandment. :sweat:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
What verses support that there are animals in heaven? If not from earth, where would they be from?

There had better be animals in heaven because heaven would not be heaven without animals.
The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:6-9 ESV

Revelation 5:13 ESV
And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

Revelation 19:11 ESV
Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.

Also earth will eventually be heaven. So I'm sure there will be animals like there were in Eden.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:6-9 ESV

Revelation 5:13 ESV

And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

Revelation 19:11 ESV
Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.
I believe that those verses are about the Kingdom of God on earth that was promised to come when Christ returned. I don't believe those verses about heaven.

I believe that Isaiah 11:6-9 is symbolic, not literal, so it is not about animals, it is about humanity. To me it means that In the future diverse religions and races will become comrades, friends and companions. The contentions of races, the differences of religions, and the barriers between nations will be completely removed, and all will attain perfect union and reconciliation. Eventually, there will be only one religion, the religion of God.
Also earth will eventually be heaven. So I'm sure there will be animals like there were in Eden.
Do you believe earth will be like heaven, or do you believe that earth and heaven will become one?
I believe that heaven is a spiritual world, not a material world, but it is connected to this material world.

“The spiritual world is like unto the phenomenal world. They are the exact counterpart of each other. Whatever objects appear in this world of existence are the outer pictures of the world of heaven.” The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 10

“Those who have passed on through death, have a sphere of their own. It is not removed from ours; their work, the work of the Kingdom, is ours; but it is sanctified from what we call ‘time and place.’ Time with us is measured by the sun. When there is no more sunrise, and no more sunset, that kind of time does not exist for man. Those who have ascended have different attributes from those who are still on earth, yet there is no real separation.” ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in London, pp. 95-96