• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do animals and humans end up in front of God when they die?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I read in the case of Elisha in 2 Kings 2:11 that horses came down from the sky.And were on fire.Also it says all die.Animals and humans in Ecclesiastes 3:19.It also says all go to the same place in Ecclesiastes 3:20.And in Ecclesiastes 12:7 it says a human's spirit goes right to God at death.Also 2 Kings 6:15-17 sounds like the horses in 2 Kings 2:11.:)And it says in Ecclesiastes 3:21 who knows if the spirit of animal goes up or down.If you click on the bible passages it translates them for you.:)
Yes, they will. And it is the number one worry of all dogs. They really want to make it into doggy heaven:

whosagoodboy.jpg

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

What that verse means is contingent upon what what is meant by "raise him up" and what is meant by "the last day." Christians have various beliefs as to what that verse means and that means the verse can have more than one meaning.
The important thing is, ‘What did Jesus mean.’ Right?
Well, this is where we need to use other Scripture, i.e., context, to understand Jesus’ use of “rise”. If you read John 11, where Lazarus died, in vss.23 & 24 Jesus told Martha, “your brother will rise.” Martha knew what “rise” meant, by her response in vs.24. Notice it’s in the last day when the Resurrection occurs.

And according to John 5:28-29, Jesus will be the one resurrecting people. He was “given” all authority. Matthew 28:18.

Take care, Trailblazer.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
What verses say Earth will literally be ruled by God in the new Jerusalem?
Why would that mean that Heaven will come down to Earth?
I think the Scripture in question, the one meant, is Revelation 21:1-4. Where it says “The tent of God is with mankind..”, that’s referring to this Earth, where mankind is.
Also it says “death will be more, neither will outcry or pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

These things — outcry, pain, death — were never in Heaven, so it’s referring to the Earth . Really, the fulfillment of the Lord’s Prayer, “Thy Will be done on Earth.”

Bree

Where did he give us permission to slaughter and eat them?

Thou shall not kill*.

*Unless the following conditions are met
  • Canaanites occupy land you were promised
  • I tell you to kill your son (no...wait, don't really do it; I just wanted you to fear me)
  • You're hungry (but only kill non-humans; their lives are worth less than yours)
  • Ah, you know what? Just interpret this as it fits your agenda

I really wish God would have included the fine print after each Commandment. :sweat:

Genesis 9
God went on to bless Noah and his sons and to say to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth.+ 2 A fear of you and a terror of you will continue upon every living creature of the earth and upon every flying creature of the heavens, upon everything that moves on the ground and upon all the fish of the sea. They are now given into your hand.*+ 3 Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you.+ Just as I gave you the green vegetation, I give them all to you.+

Etritonakin

I read in the case of Elisha in 2 Kings 2:11 that horses came down from the sky.And were on fire.Also it says all die.Animals and humans in Ecclesiastes 3:19.It also says all go to the same place in Ecclesiastes 3:20.And in Ecclesiastes 12:7 it says a human's spirit goes right to God at death.Also 2 Kings 6:15-17 sounds like the horses in 2 Kings 2:11.:)And it says in Ecclesiastes 3:21 who knows if the spirit of animal goes up or down.If you click on the bible passages it translates them for you.:)

Any resurrection requires that "we" -our "spirit" -are essentially stored in God's memory -to be placed within a body again later (even an improved "glorious body").
Don't know specifically, but having my pups forever would be awesome -and they really are like a different kind of "people".

Off topic: The spirit of God also allows for being instantly given understanding, talents, etc -like in The Matrix (lots of bible references).
Ex 31:3 "And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship"

Etritonakin

Genesis 9
God went on to bless Noah and his sons and to say to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth.+ 2 A fear of you and a terror of you will continue upon every living creature of the earth and upon every flying creature of the heavens, upon everything that moves on the ground and upon all the fish of the sea. They are now given into your hand.*+ 3 Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you.+ Just as I gave you the green vegetation, I give them all to you.+

Actually, that is only after they were long out of Eden. Before that they were only allowed plants. "Just as I gave you the green vegetation" refers back to that.
Then later only some flesh was allowed (clean and unclean) -and later not even the animals will eat each other.

So.... Vegetarian (if not vegan), then all flesh, then only some flesh, vegetarian (if not vegan) again later.

Allowing animal flesh for a time would have adverse health effects, psychological effects, etc. (and others) -but generally part of experiencing things not as they should be.

It is similar to the fact that God does not want us to war -yet says he "will plead with all flesh by the sword".
After we have reached the point of warfare destroying us completely, he will stop it just before it actually happens -but when it is absolutely clear that it would.
Then those humans who remain will repopulate during the first thousand years of Christ's reign.
They will not war (only one more attempt after the thousand years) -and they will not eat animal flesh. Animals will not eat humans -or each other.

After consistent rejection of direct instruction, God allowed managed (efficient as possible) experience to teach us.
Then he will make all things new.

Azrael Antilla

I don't believe that animals have a need to be judged, since they don't have the same understanding of right and wrong that we do, but I definitely believe they'll be in Heaven with us. (Although sometimes I think that my one little dog, Friederik will end up elsewhere if he pees in my house one more time.)
Certainly. No Leopard can be found guilty of say murder. Human morality (which varies) is non applicable.

Lain

Perhaps. I am not sure whether or not their souls are destroyed when they die or not, I need to study more on that but I am aware there is a divergence of opinion. If they do it is not for judgment as they are not moral agents and can not even really recognize God as God. All in my opinion at least.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
What verses say Earth will literally be ruled by God in the new Jerusalem?
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
I know about those verses, but what I asked was as follows:

I asked: What verses say Earth will literally be ruled by God in the new Jerusalem?

According to my beliefs Christ has returned and the New Jerusalem has already come down to earth.

“The time foreordained unto the peoples and kindreds of the earth is now come. The promises of God, as recorded in the holy Scriptures, have all been fulfilled. Out of Zion hath gone forth the Law of God, and Jerusalem, and the hills and land thereof, are filled with the glory of His Revelation. Happy is the man that pondereth in his heart that which hath been revealed in the Books of God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. Meditate upon this, O ye beloved of God, and let your ears be attentive unto His Word, so that ye may, by His grace and mercy, drink your fill from the crystal waters of constancy, and become as steadfast and immovable as the mountain in His Cause.

In the Book of Isaiah it is written: “Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of His majesty.” No man that meditateth upon this verse can fail to recognize the greatness of this Cause, or doubt the exalted character of this Day—the Day of God Himself.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 12-13

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All spirit goes to God...in my opinion. But, animals do not want or even think very much so...if you go to God, all that animal spirit with God will be just like it isn't.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Perhaps. I am not sure whether or not their souls are destroyed when they die or not, I need to study more on that but I am aware there is a divergence of opinion. If they do it is not for judgment as they are not moral agents and can not even really recognize God as God. All in my opinion at least.
If you aren't firmly decided, consider Revelation 19:1-4 " And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever. And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia."