• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do anyone need further explanation

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Dinosaur fossils are sandstone rock sediments.
No matter how many times you repeat this:
1) it is false
2) you have provided no valid evidence in support of your assertions
3) numerous people here have refuted your assertions, and provided you links to information that demonstrate that your fascination with sandstone fossils is completely unfounded, as are the rest of your assertions

Purusha

1) it is false
3) numerous people here have refuted your assertions, and provided you links to information that demonstrate that your fascination with sandstone fossils is completely unfounded, as are the rest of your assertions
So all the dinosaur fossils dug up in the last century or so must be real right? How can you be so sure of this?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
You seem to be of idea that dinosaurs are absolutely real.

Real, and still around.

So I wanted to know your take on this subject leaving the fossil transformation process

Well, it's entirely irrelevant, but I'll play along for now. Here's my thoughts: just because it can be faked, doesn't mean it has been.

Now, are you saying that you are 100% sure that human bones are made of sandstone?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
So all the dinosaur fossils dug up in the last century or so must be real right? How can you be so sure of this?

How can you be sure they are faked?
Do you really believe the entire scientific community is part of some world wide
effort to scam the public?
Haven't you watched the History Channel specials showing digs where fossils are
unearthed?
Here is a link to but one of many.

http://www.tv.com/shows/national-geographic-dinosaurs-unearthed/

Wow. Paranoia will destroy ya.

Purusha

How can you be sure they are faked?
Do you really believe the entire scientific community is part of some world wide
effort to scam the public?
Haven't you watched the History Channel specials showing digs where fossils are
unearthed?
Here is a link to but one of many.

http://www.tv.com/shows/national-geographic-dinosaurs-unearthed/

Wow. Paranoia will destroy ya.
Why are they magically discovered then in only last century? There can be many motivations for this.

"Dinosaur" bones sell for a lot of money at auctions. It is a profitable business. There is pressure for academics to publish papers. Museums are in the business of producing displays that are popular and appealing. Movie producers and the media need to produce material to sell to stay in business. The mainstream media loves to hype alleged dinosaurs finds. Much is to be gained by converting a bland non-dinosaur discovery, of a bone of modern origin, into an impressive dinosaur find, and letting artists' interpretations and imaginations take the spotlight, rather than the basic boring real find. There are people who desire and crave prestige, fame and attention. There is the bandwagon effect and crowd behaviour. And then there are people and entities pursuing political and religious agendas.

Purusha

They can, and have, been faked, but how is that significant? The reason they discovered fakes is knowledge of the real thing.
Your answer lies in the question as why someone has actually faked it in first place. There is no way, we can be sure and distinguish b/w real and fake ones.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Your answer lies in the question as why someone has actually faked it in first place. There is no way, we can be sure and distinguish b/w real and fake ones.
Yes there are. No sculpture or mold cast has the same chemical composition as real fossilized remains, which are quickly and easily identifiable in lab testing. Fakes are mostly circulated among non-professional collectors, not paleontology labs. They're the ones who are the ones debunking fakes, not creationists and conspiracy theorists.

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
I hope I'm within the rules with posting this, and if not my apologies. Not sure how to put it but...

I kinda feel that the original post is a rather skilled instance of trolling. I applaud them for the effort, but I've known too many trolls to think someone that is this articulate and put this much detail into an argument like this with such glaring wrong statements (ie 'sandstone is cement and sand') actually believes it. If they were serious they probably would of called on creationist sources ect and that type of thing but they didn't. Which kind of makes me think that it can't even be a poe.

In either case I'd just say to everyone else arguing for plus 8 pages this argument isn't worth the energy you are putting into it to argue with just about the only person to ever have this arguement. It's worth a chuckle then move on. Even Young Earth Creationists admit that fossils are real.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
it is interesting, and quite sad really, how far some people will go to protect their beliefs.

Parsimony

Funny, fossils have been known of for hundreds of years before Christ (The Greek philosopher Xenophanes knew of them). That's quite one long-running, world-wide conspiracy you got going on there. Also, DNA has been found in some fossils. How did that get there if they are faked? Were the members of the "Neanderthal genome project" in on the conspiracy too? Neanderthal DNA is similar (but importantly, not identical) to the DNA of modern man.

superdestructionyou

i will win YOU WILL LOSE
1) it is false
who has proven me wrong. What I wrote are facts based on an well done investigation I did using multiple resources. The dinosaur fossil and prehistoric fossils are literally sandstone fossils which is a type of rock sediment. Their are various other rock sediments like limestone, gravel, coal, and a hundred more but they are not what dinosaur fossils are made out of. If you took a dinosaur fossil and broke it and exam it it would be a sandstone fossil. I suggest you use common sense as well as the sand that hardens is considered sandstone. I did not make up the assumption that the fossils are sand stone but paleontologists have confirmed its sandstone rock sediment.
As for the idea that water and minerals can seep into a fossil and slowly start to replace a fossil that is clearly impossible since once sand would cover an object it would harden preventing any water or any minerals from getting inside and the bone would rot leaving a hallow hole with a clump of sand on top. So far paleontologists have not been able to do this process using equipment or technology but anyone can do this in an hour using a mold and pouring cement and sand into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.