• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God crowns Jesus as the King of God's kingdom. God is Savior because He is the one that positions Jesus to save. That is why God will be all things to everyone- 1st Cor 15vs27,28

Muffled

Jesus in me
I saw the movie and knowing what I know about the bible, I could see similarities.

But you see, the bible has a salutation, a body and an ending, with the hope of mankind having life after this one.

And to be honest with you, I forgot what it was all about because it offered me no hope.

As for Jesus, He is real to me offering me, just as I am, life after this one as hope.

Blessings, AJ

This is a question of authority. If Jesus is just a man, He has no authority to offer that hope. Only God has the authority and Jesus by exercising it proves again that He is God in the flesh.

Last edited:

look3467

Premium Member
This is a question of authority. If Jesus is just a man, He has no authority to offer that hope. Only God has the authority and Jesus by exercising it proves again that He is God in the flesh.

Based on what you said conforms to the premise set forth in the bible as a whole, that God created, and God saves His creation.

Apart from God, can the created save itself?

Psa 127:1 <A Song of degrees for Solomon.> Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

The exception is what mankind can not do, save God!

Blessings, AJ

logician

While I agree with you about the Divinity of Jesus.

To use Bible quotes to prove it, requires the reader to accept the Truth of the Bible.

This belief does not always exist.

I am very selective in my reading of the Bible and get more from the colour and the teachings of the Bible than the exactness of the translation or the actual words.

Jesus teachings were so new in the world, as compared to the Jewish norm, that their teaching and truth shine through.

Contrary wise some of Paul's teachings are so much like the teachings of a Jew of his time, that although moral issues are handled well, they often show little of the new reality that Jesus brought us.

Jesus speaks directly to our heart and soul.

Just for my own information , what was new about Jesus' teachings?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Just for my own information , what was new about Jesus' teachings?

In the 18th chapter of John, Jesus was on trial because of preaching and teaching about a new kingdom or new government that would rule over earth.

Jesus would have not been on trial for sedition, treason and injured majesty if they were not concerned about his new kingdom or royal government.

Jesus instructed his followers that until the time of Matthew 25v31; 16v27 we are to continue to proclaim the good news of God's kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus.-Matthew 24v14.
Only Jesus, though God's Messianic Kingdom [Daniel 2v44; 7vs13,14], can usher in world-wide Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.
That millennium of peace on earth will include the removal of sickness and death starting with those placed at Jesus right hand of favor, so to speak, of Matthew 25v32.

reloadthis

The sun God! haha

The Nag Hamadi says that Jesus was made in the image as God, not that he was God. To know God, we need to know Jesus since he came here to show us the light and all that. I haven't read anything in it that says if you don't believe this you are going to hell. It more or less says that we can't really know God since our perceptions are limited, but if we focus on Jesus, we can attain a better understanding of what/who God really is. It says that God is everywhere. It also says that our mind is everywhere, for how can the mind be in one place if it can contemplate many different things at once. That teaching can be found in the Teachings of Silvanus (99,1-28)

"Christ is the True Light" (98,20-99,15)

Live with Christ, and he will save you. For he is the true light and the sun of life. Just as visible sun shines on physical eyes, so Christ illuminates every mind and heart. For if one who is wicked during his lifetime has an evil death, how much more so does one who has a blind mind. For every blind person is incapable of seeing. So it is with people who do not have a sound mind. The do not delight in acquiring the light of Christ, which is reason. For everything visible is a copy of what is invisible. You cannot know God through any means except through Christ, who bears the image of the Father."

look3467

Premium Member
The bible states that there is no other name under heaven by which mankind may be saved, only means that there is but one name.

Only in that name, and non other.

Therefore, if God is the only one that can save mankind, and only one name attributed to that saving, only means that Jesus is His name.

Believe what you want, how you want, who you want, does not negate the works of God in Jesus.

Jesus covers all of humanity period!

If you get to know Him, you will know the Father, if you know the Father ,you will know Jesus.

Are they not one and the same then?

Blessings, AJ

logician

In the 18th chapter of John, Jesus was on trial because of preaching and teaching about a new kingdom or new government that would rule over earth.

Jesus would have not been on trial for sedition, treason and injured majesty if they were not concerned about his new kingdom or royal government.

Jesus instructed his followers that until the time of Matthew 25v31; 16v27 we are to continue to proclaim the good news of God's kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus.-Matthew 24v14.
Only Jesus, though God's Messianic Kingdom [Daniel 2v44; 7vs13,14], can usher in world-wide Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.
That millennium of peace on earth will include the removal of sickness and death starting with those placed at Jesus right hand of favor, so to speak, of Matthew 25v32.

This i've heard a 1000 times, I'm talking about something new.

DP07

John 1

The Eternal Word

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
John&#8217;s Witness: The True Light

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
The Word Becomes Flesh

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, &#8220;This was He of whom I said, &#8216;He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.&#8217;&#8221;
16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

Another group of verses that suggests Jesus being God.

dogsgod

Jesus gave a 'new' commandment at John [13,34,35] to love one another just as Jesus loved us that we may also love one another.......
John was written well after Paul died. Paul claimed that God teaches us to love one another.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 "you are taught by God to love one another"

Interesting that Paul credits God with what later became the central tenet of a teaching attributed to a Jesus of Nazareth.

rusra02

Premium Member
The bible states that there is no other name under heaven by which mankind may be saved, only means that there is but one name.

Only in that name, and non other.

Therefore, if God is the only one that can save mankind, and only one name attributed to that saving, only means that Jesus is His name.

Believe what you want, how you want, who you want, does not negate the works of God in Jesus.

Jesus covers all of humanity period!

If you get to know Him, you will know the Father, if you know the Father ,you will know Jesus.

Are they not one and the same then?

Blessings, AJ

Yes, it is only thru Christ that we gain salvation. God sent his Son to provide salvation, so it is only thru Christ we can approach God acceptably. (John 3:16)
Note what John 3:16 says: "God gave..his only begotten Son." Vs 17 says "God sent forth his Son into the world." John 13:3 says "he (Jesus), knowing that the Father had given all things into [his] hands and that he came forth from God and was going to God.."
Jesus and his Father, Jehovah are not one and the same. And we cannot worship God acceptably unless we know and teach the truth about Him and his Son. Jesus always gave worshipful honor to his Father. We simply cannot believe what is not true about God and expect him to accept our worship. As John 4:23,24 says "Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth"
The trinity teaching is a lie. Jesus is not Almighty God and he is not his Father.

DP07

Based on the passages given then we can only see a contradiction in the bible. Some passages saying he is and others saying he isnt God. That or the passages must be combined to makes sense. Lets look at it this way. If I have a kid. Am I the son or the father. Depending on the situation. I could be the son or the father or both. If my father says I am the son and my son I am the father. They are both correct. Some passages speak of Jesus being the son and some of him being the father, but if you are saying that only the passages you have pointed out are correct. Then we need to look at the bible itself and see how correct it is.

rusra02

Premium Member
Based on the passages given then we can only see a contradiction in the bible. Some passages saying he is and others saying he isnt God. That or the passages must be combined to makes sense. Lets look at it this way. If I have a kid. Am I the son or the father. Depending on the situation. I could be the son or the father or both. If my father says I am the son and my son I am the father. They are both correct. Some passages speak of Jesus being the son and some of him being the father, but if you are saying that only the passages you have pointed out are correct. Then we need to look at the bible itself and see how correct it is.

The Bible does not contradict itself. Jesus never claimed to be Almighty God and the Bible is clear that he is God's only-begotten Son. You are not your father, and your son is not you. After Jesus resurrection (performed by God) the apostle differeniates God from his Son and shows God's superiority: "the head of the Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3) Near the close of his gospel, John wrote these words:
"To be sure, Jesus performed many other signs also before the disciples, which are not written down in this scroll. But these have been written down that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and that, because of believing, you may have life by means of his name." (John 20:30,31)

DP07

Yet you are still overlooking verses. 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Word was with God and the Word was God. Seperate yet the same. Verse 14 and the Word became flesh. Going back to verse one and the Word was God.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I have found that Hinduism has remarkable parallels to Christ/Krishna as being God. Any thoughts?

It is interesting that you can find these parallels. Skeptics have been saying this for many years now but get batted down as if we don't know what we're talking about. The rising, dieing and rising again god/man is not a new concept and did not originate with Yeshua. Unfortunately for us apologetics will continue to dismiss these claims. I hope one day more christians will see what you see in the parallels and understand what we've been saying all along.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Based on the passages given then we can only see a contradiction in the bible. Some passages saying he is and others saying he isnt God.

It's without a doubt that your gospels contradict each other but there are no passages in the four gospels proclaiming the biblical Yeshua as "God" nor are there any where he (Yeshua) is attributed as saying he is "God". If you believe he his then it's your interpretation.

DP07

Yes John 1 says The Word was God and the Word became Flesh. The light of men. John the Baptist was a witness to this light or Jesus who was the Word which was God and why do you call them my gospels. I did not say I was Christian. I am debating from a Biblical view.