• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Shermana

Heretic
I like how you proved a point by saying you cannot take a whole ocean in a tea cup. Funny that you say that because you might not be able to take the whole ocean in the tea cup but a portion correct? So now God came to us manifested in the flesh which he took a portion of himself in the flesh to show his works and truth. so thank you for proving a point. You can still have God incarnate. God bless you and hope he reveals himself to you.

So did God and Jesus have separate minds too? Did the Teacup have a totally separate will and mind? Or was it the same mind?

Shermana

Heretic
Idk.. But what does that have to do with this debate? You have two Saviours!

Col 2:9-10
(9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
(10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Mat 28:18
(18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Once again, the word "Godhead" Means "godhood".

Who "Gave" the power to Jesus?

Shermana

Heretic
I was baptized in Jesus' name. As stated, doing something in his name is not "invoking."

godhead c.1200, from god + M.E. -hede, cognate with -hood and Ger. -heit. Along with maidenhead, this is the sole survival of this form of the suffix. O.E. had godhad "divine nature."

Of course it matters who "gave" him his power, which is quite obviously why you shun the subject. As the "Firstborn" of all Creation, he is the head and lord of lords of the Earth, and his Father is the one who gave him such an honor to be the Earthly Christ (aka King and High Priest).

Last edited:
Once again, the word "Godhead" Means "godhood".

Who "Gave" the power to Jesus?

Soo now you have two saviors? Hmm, if i call on the name of Yahweh i can be saved! If i confess that Jesus is Lord and believe I can now be saved? wow I love your religion!

Isa 43:11
(11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Shermana

Heretic
Soo now you have two saviors? Hmm, if i call on the name of Yahweh i can be saved! If i confess that Jesus is Lord and believe I can now be saved? wow I love your religion!

Isa 43:11
(11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Jesus is not the saviour, he is the one who brings to salvation. The Father is the only saviour, Jesus is the one who gives the keys through the teachings and his sacrifice.

The very notion of the word "Jesus" meaning "Saviour" is an example of how things get mixed up. It means "Yah saves".

I was baptized in Jesus' name. As stated, doing something in his name is not "invoking."

godhead c.1200, from god + M.E. -hede, cognate with -hood and Ger. -heit. Along with maidenhead, this is the sole survival of this form of the suffix. O.E. had godhad "divine nature."

Of course it matters who "gave" him his power, which is quite obviously why you shun the subject.

You definitely did not prove thats what Godhead means!

Original Word: θεότης, ητος, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: theotés
Phonetic Spelling: (theh-ot'-ace)
Short Definition: deity, Godhead
Definition: deity, Godhead.

2320 theótēs (a feminine noun derived from 2316 /theós, "God") – the personal God revealed in the Bible who is triune and infinitely relational as demonstrated by the embodiment of the Godhead in the incarnated Christ (used only in Col 2:9).

2320 /theótēs ("fullness of deity") expresses God's "essential (personal) deity, as belonging to Christ" (WS, 906). 2320 (theótēs) focuses on Christ physically embodying the Godhead through His incarnation and shown throughout His perfect life of faith (cf. Heb 12:2).

[For more on Christ's full deity, see 2316 /theós ("God") at Sidebar A.]

And doing something in the name is invoking!

Jesus is not the saviour, he is the one who brings to salvation. The Father is the only saviour, Jesus is the one who gives the keys through the teachings and his sacrifice.

The very notion of the word "Jesus" meaning "Saviour" is an example of how things get mixed up. It means "Yah saves".

So how does the Father save if all we have to do is believe on Jesus? And what good are Jesus teachings if all we have to do is call on the name of Yahweh?

Shermana

Heretic
"

2320 theótēs (a feminine noun derived from 2316 /theós, "God") – the personal God revealed in the Bible who is triune and infinitely relational as demonstrated by the embodiment of the Godhead in the incarnated Christ (used only in Col 2:9)."
This is an example of where Strong's shows its clear Trinitarian bias and is at times inaccurate (there are many places), I showed clearly that the word "Godhood" in its original form comes from "Heit" and "hede", which are qualititative.

In order to have the "Fullness of Deity" the word "Deity" itself is a measure of something, as opposed to a being. I believe I mentioned this before 10 pages ago.

Even the Greek for "Fullness of Deity" is a Qualitative. It is not a being.

"

This is an example of where Strong's shows its clear Trinitarian bias and is at times inaccurate (there are many places), I showed clearly that the word "Godhood" in its original form comes from "Heit" and "hede", which are qualititative.

In order to have the "Fullness of Deity" the word "Deity" itself is a measure of something, as opposed to a being. I believe I mentioned this before 10 pages ago.

Even the Greek for "Fullness of Deity" is a Qualitative. It is not a being.

Proof that strongs is wrong?

Shermana

Heretic
As you can see, the word "Deity" has 3 meanings. The first one does not match with the Greek. The second and third do.

de·i·ty

   /ˈdi
thinsp.png
ɪ
thinsp.png
ti/ Show Spelled[dee-i-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties. 1. a god or goddess.

2. divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being; divinity.

3. the estate or rank of a god: The king attained deity after his death.

Act 4:12
(12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Shermana

Heretic
So how does the Father save if all we have to do is believe on Jesus? And what good are Jesus teachings if all we have to do is call on the name of Yahweh?

Like many others who think they have an easy ride to heaven, you have a misunderstanding of what it means to "believe in".

Now keep in mind

"The prayers of the wicked are an abomination".

As you can see, the word "Deity" has 3 meanings. The first one does not match with the Greek. The second and third do.

de·i·ty

   /ˈdi
thinsp.png
ɪ
thinsp.png
ti/ Show Spelled[dee-i-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties. 1. a god or goddess.

2. divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being; divinity.

3. the estate or rank of a god: The king attained deity after his death.

Okayy you still haven't proved that strongs is wrong!

Shermana

Heretic
Act 4:12
(12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Once again, the word "name" in this case is referring to the authority of Jesus and his teachings, he was given the key to Salvation and the Father's will, he is the "Last Adam", the Life Giving Spirit.

You are "saved" through obedience through the "Name" (the authority and teachings) of Yashua and his sacrifice.