• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God made any mistake ?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Which is the biggest mistake you think God made ?
God's sepherim didn't line up properly.
When God created the vault in the sky he did not say it was good but that it was so... later that water flooded the earth and only Noah and a few survived.
God said, "Let there be fruit tree yielding fruit," but the trees didn't have fruit bark like a licorice tree, so that was a mistake.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
If you mean the one-god of classical monotheism, that god by definition is perfect and infallible. Therefore, the god of classical monotheism does not make mistakes. Humans, however, will project mistakes onto that god.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Which is the biggest mistake you think God made ?

You mean what I would have done different than God?

I would have made me smarter, so I don't make so many mistakes.

24d652d04a6ce1675fa113fd5ebf1ad8.jpg

epronovost

It’s deadly world. All this will happen in this deadly world. It was man’s choice to live in this deadly world, NOT God’s choice.

I don't remember making that choice. Was it also the choice of all animals too? My dog doesn't want to suffer and it will shy away from danger and pain as much as possible it would seem my dog didn't made this choice either. Could it even understand the ramification of such choices? I doubt it, it's ability to think in terms of future are practically null.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't remember making that choice. Was it also the choice of all animals too? My dog doesn't want to suffer and it will shy away from danger and pain as much as possible it would seem my dog didn't made this choice either. Could it even understand the ramification of such choices, I doubt it, it's ability to think in terms of future are practically null.
Humans did not make the choice to exist and neither did animals.

The best you can say is that humans made a choice to have children, but since that is how God designed it, can you really blame humans? And you certainly cannot blame animals for procreating because they do so by instinct, not by choice.

It is all on God. It logically follows that all of suffering of humans that is not due to a free will choice humans make is on God and that all suffering of animals that is not due to a free will choice humans make is on God.

I would have made a good atheist, if I did not believe in God, because the logic is really inescapable.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Intelligence could be an anomaly in existence and not fundamental. That's a huge mistake.

Start with intelligence and then build an existence. This universe appears to be the opposite of that.

epronovost

Can you prove a God does not exist? Or is it only your opinion that God can not exist because you personally have not Seen, felt or heard a God?

How is that pertinent? If God doesn't exist it's absolutely correct to say it cannot make any mistakes.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Can you prove a God does not exist? Or is it only your opinion that God can not exist because you personally have not Seen, felt or heard a God?

I can prove God doesn't exist:

1) By definition, God is an omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent being.
2) If evil exists, God doesn't.
3) Evil exists.
4) Therefore, God doesn't exist.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I never heard that word species related to god. Being and entity but not species. No heart, organs, reproduction, or anything like that.
You go to the heart of the problem.

A being with no heart, organs or reproduction or 'anything like that' is either a mechanical being or an imaginary one.

If God has objective existence, exists independently of any imagining of [him] then as I said [he]'s a kind of real something, either a computer or an animal.

I think it's highly unlikely that God has objective existence, for the simple reason that no description of God exists as a real being. Or to put that another way with my usual example, I can tell whether or not this keyboard I'm typing on is a rabbit, a rhododendron, a rock, light in the red band (and it's none of those). But there's no test that will tell me whether it's God or not.

And if God isn't real, doesn't have objective existence, then the only thing God can be is conceptual, something imagined, a abstraction in an individual brain representing certain ideas and feelings.