• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God made any mistake ?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
He created people who think they are the product of chance. :D

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you care to tell only one.
Every time I read of the death of a child in a road accident, in domestic violence, all sorts of ways that are in principle avoidable, I have a clear vision of the life that was never lived, the sorrow of it all.

And the theory says that an omnipotent, omniscient being is out there sitting on [his] hands and letting it be. That's morally repulsive to me as a human.

But I don't get so fussed when nasty things happen to spiders or sea lice. Given a real God, maybe that would be a fair summary of [his] feelings if we judge by [his] actions.
Haven't you ever won anything anytime in your life until now ?
You can't be omnipotent and take the credit for the wins without taking the blame for the losses.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If there's a real God, then from a human perspective God makes countless errors of omission and commission every hour.

But [he]'s a different species to us, so what suits [him] doesn't have to suit us, and [his] view of a mistake may bear no resemblance to ours.

(However, I'm very suspicious of [his] claims to have backed only winners in all the wars and all the football games.)

Species? God?

chinu

chinu
Every time I read of the death of a child in a road accident, in domestic violence, all sorts of ways that are in principle avoidable, I have a clear vision of the life that was never lived, the sorrow of it all.

And the theory says that an omnipotent, omniscient being is out there sitting on [his] hands and letting it be. That's morally repulsive to me as a human.

It’s deadly world. All this will happen in this deadly world. It was man’s choice to live in this deadly world, NOT God’s choice.

You can't be omnipotent and take the credit for the wins without taking the blame for the losses.
You are Not the only one who want to win. Every body has turn.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You are just repeating your claim once again.
That’s NOT the answer to my question.
At this point already I'm suspecting that nothing I could say would ever be a good enough answer for your asking.

You need no more of an answer than 'Because I want to' or 'Because I feel this way.' I can't put you into my head and make you understand my world and self experience.

So the long and short of it is, I do not feel like nor want to be a girl.

@Shadow Wolf

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It’s deadly world. All this will happen in this deadly world. It was man’s choice to live in this deadly world, NOT God’s choice.
That can only work if God isn't omnipotent. Once you're omnipotent, ALL the bucks, the great big ones and the little tiny ones, stop at your desk. There's no other place they can go.
You are Not the only one who want to win. Every body has turn.
No, very plainly they don't. A tour of your local children's hospital will put you in the picture. (My wife worked in a major teaching hospital for many years, so I'm not making this up.) Be sure to leave a respectable donation as you go out, to undo what, if there's an omnipotent god, MUST be down to God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If [he]'s real then [he]'s a kind of actual something ─ [his] species. If [he] isn't, then that problem doesn't arise.

I never heard that word species related to god. Being and entity but not species. No heart, organs, reproduction, or anything like that.