• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeyesays

Isaiah 53: 2
For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he (Christ) hath no form nor comeliness (good looks); and when we shall see him (Referring to Christ's earthly ministry), there is no beauty that we should desire him (Christ).

Mark 9: 43, 45
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

• • •
45 And if thy foot offend thee,cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Matt. 5: 30
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members (part of the body) should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matt. 18: 8
8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee:it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

The priests of Huitzilpoctli used to cut off offending members, but they were refering to their genitals.

Regards,

Scott

Draka

Wonder Woman
FFH has been repeatedly asked throughout this thread about his view on the "ugly/homely" people and refuses to answer. He has been asked if the "beautiful" people are proof of "God's creation" then what are the one who are not "beautiful"? He will not answer. Pages upon pages of superficial nonsense and claims of god in random things and not one legitimate answer to the question that has been asked throughout the whole dang thing. Bible quotes aren't going to cut it. If he can use his own words to try to explain why a Brazilian or Isreali supermodel is "proof of God" then he should be able to use his own words to ANSWER THE DANG QUESTION.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Brazilian Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio
Alessandra_Ambrosio_74.jpg

Well, did he ???

How can atheists believe this was just the result of some random set of events ???

All of creation testifies there is a God.

Alma 30:40
But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.
God created the lump of clay. Vidal Sassoon, Mary Kay and Christian Dior created the mask of superficiality that we perceive as "perfection."

FFH

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;1049323 said:
He answered it quite clearly: "You can have your thorns."
Wasn't referring to people when I said this.

Ugliness was created by God just as much as beauty.

Everything in and on this earth was created by God, not just beautiful people.

I've answered this question quite clearly with this previously posted scripture.

Alma 30: 44 (Book of Mormon)
But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.

This thread is not about ugliness, we already have plenty of that in this world.

I'ld rather focus on the beautiful things God has created, as a testimony of what he can do. God is not all about ugliness, but he can also created things of beauty.

Heaven will be a beautiful place, this life and all of it's ugliness is only temporary. It's no big deal, just a flash of eternity.

Anyone can deal with adversities of all kinds if put in it's proper time frame, that being a blink of an eye, compared to eternity. Live for eternity, not this life, and all eternity has to offer us.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Wasn't referring to people when I said this.

Ugliness was created by God just as much as beauty.

Everything in and on this earth was created by God, not just beautiful people.

I was referring to people (among other things) when I pointed out that thorns are just as beautiful as roses, we just don't have the tools to see that beauty sometimes. Your response was that you don't want the thorns, you only care about the roses . . . You wrote: "Thorns and weeds were not created for their beuty[sic], but to afflict and torment man."

. . . care to revise that answer now? :rainbow1:

FFH

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;1049495 said:
I was referring to people (among other things) when I pointed out that thorns are just as beautiful as roses, we just don't have the tools to see that beauty sometimes. Your response was that you don't want the thorns, you only care about the roses . . . You wrote: "Thorns and weeds were not created for their beuty[sic], but to afflict and torment man."

. . . care to revise that answer now? :rainbow1:
No, why shoud I ??? You may have been referring to people when you said thorns, I wasn't.

Paul used a thorn as an analogy for whatever was afflicting him, that might have been a sickness, disease, sin, etc. we don't know what was afflicting him. I would hardly call ugliness as an affliction, the body still functions properly, it's just cosmetics.

My car runs whether it has dings or not.

Most have chosen to focus on the dings, I choose to focus on the good things of this life, the physical beauty that's found in this world.

Ugliness, no more represents sin, than does beauty, represent goodness in a person.

There are righteous homely people and evil beautiful people.

Christ was not beautiful in any way, scriptures are very clear on that.

I've seen an evil spirit and felt his evilness, he appeared as a beautiful, but in black and white, no color whatsoever. I saw his face it was perfect/flawless, almost enticing, but with an evil feeling eminating from his spirit.

Satan can appear as an "angel of light". Beauty does not equal goodness.

We will all obtain beautiful perfect bodies as the result of Christ's sacrifice and death on the cross.

He has overcome death and hell for us. Obtaining a perfect body in the next life is a free gift to all, whether we are good or bad in this life, but obtaining salvation and exaltation, in the next life, depends on what we do, whether we obey gods principles and perform his ordinances or not.

FFH

Veteran Member
God created the lump of clay. Vidal Sassoon, Mary Kay and Christian Dior created the mask of superficiality that we perceive as "perfection."
Yeah, but I've seen faces as beautiful as the opening post, here in Utah, if not more beautiful, in every day life.

If it wasn't considered rude, I'ld take a digital photo and post them here, the next time I see a beautiful face, either male or female, walk into where I work, or an employee, here in Herriman, Utah.

Many have commented about the people here. When I first started working here I noticed there were some extremely beautiful faces. One's that stop you dead in your tracks. Few and far between, I will admit, but they do definitely exist outside the modeling world. If only I could post an every day shot, of some I work with, and the customers that walk in the door, for all to observe and scrutinize.

Beauty is all around, in all God's creations, look for it, it's devine evidence of God's power to design and create something of beauty, not just something that is ordinary, which he does create as well.

Heaven will be a place of beauty, as will other eternal worlds. We will all obtain perfect bodies in the next life, and we will all obtain better worlds than this one, as long as we don't put Christ to "an open shame," as LDS scriptures state.

Doctrine and Covenants 76: 35 (LDS scripture)
Having denied the Holy Spirit after having received it, and having denied the Only Begotten Son of the Father, having crucified him unto themselves and put him to an open shame.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Most have chosen to focus on the dings, I choose to focus on the good things of this life, the physical beauty that's found in this world.

Are you talking about people, now. :areyoucra

Satan can appear as an "angel of light".

And invariably does so. While Christ is found in the poor, the downtrodden, the meek, the outcast and the ugly.

Satan is your rose and the picture made by Vidal Sassoon and co. at the top of this thread. Meanwhile, Christ is in the thorns.

FFH

Veteran Member
There must be an "opposition in all things".

2 Nephi 2: 11, 15For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my first-born in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.
• • •
15 And to bring about his eternal purposes in the end of man, after he had created our first parents, and the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and in fine, all things which are created, it must needs be that there was an opposition; even the forbidden fruit in opposition to the tree of life; the one being sweet and the other bitter.

So there, the answer is clearly written out in LDS scripture.

Why has God created ugliness, as well as beauty..... "to bring about his eternal purposes".

This should answer, at least to some degree, why there is ugliness next to beauty in this world, sin and righteousness, pain and pleasure, sorrow and sadness, hate and love, health and sickness, heat and cold, etc.

If this life was perfect and sinless, there would be no possibility of salvation and exaltaion, because we would have no knowledge of good and evil, but would be in a state of innocence forever, having no joy or sorrow.

FFH

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;1049566 said:
And invariably does so. While Christ is found in the poor, the downtrodden, the meek, the outcast and the ugly.

Satan is your rose and the picture made by Vidal Sassoon and co. at the top of this thread. Meanwhile, Christ is in the thorns.
Thorns are neither beautiful nor ugly, that's not even a proper example to use in this thread.

Thorns represent afflictions (temptations, pain, suffering, diseases, sickness, etc.)

I would hardly compare a thorn to ugliness...

Christ is also found in the beautiful and rich things of this world, not just in the ugly and the poor.

So by your own admission, you're implying/suggesting that the beautiful and the rich are of the devil perhaps.

You perhaps accuse me of the same thing, only in reverse, as others seem to have done on this thread.

We curse God for all of this world's ugliness and refuse to praise him for the beauty, in all it's various forms.

This thread is a reminder that God is in the beauty, as well as in the ashes.

gnomon

Did Christ create Bar Refaeli ???

Please spare me the "you're so shallow and superficial" remarks. That's not what this thread is about.

Is this the work of evolution, or the result of random events, or is it the work of an all powerful, all knowing, all present devine creator, who has designed this world and everything in it.

Jesus Christ, who is the creator of this world and everything in it, who has acted, and is currently acting, under the direction of God our Eternal Father.

Christ has not only created us, but also offers us redemtion from this world and the affects of the fall, which were brought about by the transgressions of Adam and Eve. Amazing if you seriously think about it and see what Christ's scriptures teach us concerning this.

Start another thread about all the ugly things in this world if you want to, but don't knock this thread. I choose to look at all the good that is all around me, rather than focus on the bad. It's only temporary after all.

Untouched photos of Bar Refaeli.

Bar Refaeli
Bar_Refaeli.jpg

Bar Refaeli

Bar Refaeli insecure about her looks

Bar Refaeli
Click on photo for larger image

Actually, superficial and shallow is exactly what this thread is about and that is what I'm accusing you of being.

Did God specifically create children with spinal bifida?

Your backtracking from the images I linked to and your inability to comment on them does show that you only care about yourself and the aesthetic appeal you of other objects which you believe God created.

In other words, its all about you. What we have is the superficial beauty in this world being put on a pedestal by a very ugly mind.

FFH

Veteran Member
Actually, superficial and shallow is exactly what this thread is about and that is what I'm accusing you of being.

Did God specifically create children with spinal bifida?
No, that's man's doing, a lack of folic acid is what causes this, which is found in whole wheat, the world would rather consume white bread and take the various risks involved with eating unwhole and unhealthy foods. Don't blame God for what man has done.

Your backtracking from the images I linked to and your inability to comment on them does show that you only care about yourself and the aesthetic appeal you of other objects which you believe God created.
I prefer to look at and focus on the beautiful things of this world.

Keep focusing on the ugly things of this world and you will only get ugly results.

In other words, its all about you. What we have is the superficial beauty in this world being put on a pedestal by a very ugly mind.
Wow, so many insults thrown at me in this thread.

Insults and hate create "ugliness" in this world, something we already have enough of. Love on the other hand brings about "beauty".

Ugliness and beauty run past the skin.

gnomon

No, that's man's doing, a lack of folic acid is what causes this, which is found in whole wheat, the world would rather consume white wheat and take the various risks involved with eating unwhole and unhealthy foods. Don't blame God for what man has done.

I prefer to look at and focus on the beautiful things of this world.

Keep focusing on the ugly things of this world and you will only get ugly results.

Wow, so many insults thrown at me in this thread.

Insults and hate create "ugliness" in this world, something we already have enough of. Love on the other hand brings about "beauty".

Ugliness and beauty run past the skin.

And genetic defects. Why do they exist?

FFH

Veteran Member
So basically those who choose to admire the beautifol things of this world are to be considered superficial and bigots perhaps.

FFH

Veteran Member
And genetic defects. Why do they exist?
Because we live in an imperfect fallen world.

Nutrition plays a huge role in many physical affictions, but still we are subject to the fall, and outside sources of diseases and causes of human defects, no matter how hard we try to be healthy and protect ourselves.

Environment (polution) also plays a huge role in human defects of all kinds.

gnomon

Because we live in an imperfect fallen world.

Nutrition also plays a huge role in every physical affiction, but still we are subject to the fall no matter how hard we try to be healthy.

Environment (polution) also plays a role in human defects of all kinds.

So you grant beauty to God and ugliness to not God.

You have yet to witness for the beauty of all things, only the superficial.

My point stands justified.

You do not understand nearly as much as you present. Any further discussion with you is a waste of time other than to point out your failures in logic when you present alternative healthcares and demonic possession for the mentally ill.

Goodbye.

FFH

Veteran Member
When I meet someone for the first time, I quickly assess their spiritual well being, then try to add to it, regardless of whether their face has been badly burned or mutilated or flawless, all are struggling spiritually.

I've shaken hands with a man was paralyzed from the waste down and who had been burned over 90 percent of his body, who goes around the country speaking about positive thinking and self worth. Electricity seemed to shoot through me as I shook his arm, his hands were burned off, nothing but stubs and badly burned arms. He was burned throughout his body in a private plane crash. He crashed once and was paralyzed, then on a seperate occasion crashed again and was badly burned beyond recognition.

His face was completely scared over and disfigured. I looked him in the eye and shook his burned stubs and electricity shot through me so strongly that I have never forgotten that.

His spirit was so strong and positive that positive energy flowed through him into me, literally. It was amazing.

I have seen some horrible images and videos in this life, some that made me sick for days. We can look at these things and say, hay, I don't have it so bad, then we can turn around and appreciate those who have it better than us as well.

Ther will always be those who are better off than ourselves and those who are worse off than ourselves. Deal with it.

Popeyesays

"When I meet someone for the first time, I quickly assess their spiritual well being, . . . ."

That's grotesque. Not to mention pathologically egotistical.

Regards,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.