• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
How about if I read another's mind/spirit, would that not be evidence of the unseen ???

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what you mean by unseen. There are lots of things we cannot see.
Are you actually able to do this? Clearly and repeatedly? If so, you should have this ability tested and studied.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Very cool :)
lya2.jpg

That was created by a simple mathmatical equation with a small error added that generated random interactions producing a rather beautiful image.

gnomon

Gnomon, seems you have chosen to focus on the bad and horrible things of this life, rather than all the good that's around you, I've fallen for the same trap, laid before us all by the devil and his angels.

Focus on the beauty that's all around you, rather than the ugliness that's plainly in front of us all. It's only temporary, after all. Satan will be bound with all of his diseases and sin that reeks havoc on our world and on our bodies.

I've seen actual healings of cancer that has spread throughout areas of the body. God can heal it all, he made it and he can fix it, all of it, we only need to have faith in him and his existance and that he has all power to do all things to all people.

I choose to focus on reason rather than the superficial and the shallow.

I appreciate this world just as much as any person who considers themselves spiritual. I just don't have to justify it or slap a label on it. Or use it as evidence for the ineffable.

rojse

RF Addict
This is what I prefer.
Bar_73.jpg

Well dressed/covered natural look is my thing. Great artistic natural shot. I love this pic.

It looks like she has a really low-cut top, and you can see somewhere where FFH would complain if you were not married to her.

FFH

Veteran Member
God is the ultimate designer, we are works in progress, he's not finished with us yet. He can create, design and sculpt us into better people, physically and spiritually, I've seen this happen and the reverse is also true. We can very quickly physically and spiritually degrade, years before our time.

I love these scriptures. Christ is the potter, we are the clay.

Romans. 9: 21
Hath not the potter (Christ) power over the clay (us), of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Isaiah 45: 9
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay (us/we) say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Jer. 18: 6
O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

2 Nephi 27: 27
And wo unto them that seek deep to hide their counsell from the Lord! And their works are in the dark; and they say: Who seeth us, and who knoweth us? And they also say: Surely, your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter’s clay. But behold, I will show unto them, saith the Lord of Hosts, that I know all their works. For shall the work (us/we) say of him that made it (us), he made me not? Or shall the thing framed (we/us) say of him that framed it (us), he had no understanding?

This is a much younger picture of Bar Refaeli, she started modeling at the age of 8 months old.

She's from Israel.

Bar Refaeli
Photo courtesy of Wiki

Bar Refaeli
Bar_130.jpg

Bar Refaeli
Bar_73.jpg

FFH

Veteran Member
Did Christ create Bar Refaeli ???

Please spare me the "you're so shallow and superficial" remarks. That's not what this thread is about.

Is this the work of evolution, or the result of random events, or is it the work of an all powerful, all knowing, all present devine creator, who has designed this world and everything in it.

Jesus Christ, who is the creator of this world and everything in it, who has acted, and is currently acting, under the direction of God our Eternal Father.

Christ has not only created us, but also offers us redemtion from this world and the affects of the fall, which were brought about by the transgressions of Adam and Eve. Amazing if you seriously think about it and see what Christ's scriptures teach us concerning this.

Start another thread about all the ugly things in this world if you want to, but don't knock this thread. I choose to look at all the good that is all around me, rather than focus on the bad. It's only temporary after all.

Untouched photos of Bar Refaeli.

Bar Refaeli
Bar_Refaeli.jpg

Bar Refaeli

Bar Refaeli insecure about her looks

Bar Refaeli
Click on photo for larger image

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Is this the work of evolution, or the result of random events, or is it the work of an all powerful, all knowing, all present devine creator, who has designed this world and everything in it.

Evolution still seems most likely to me.

FFH

Veteran Member
Evolution still seems most likely to me.
Christ, the creator of this universe, and everything in it, is also into light shows.

Aurora Borealis (The Northern Lights)

Christ, the creator of this universe, put opon himself mortal flesh, "dwelt among us," then suffered and died for us.

1 Corinthians 2: 9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Northern Lights - Music: "The Messenger", Blackmore's Night

This is not a painting, it's God's (Christ's) specifically and purposely designed creative art, hanging on nothing but the canvas of the universe.

Aurora

The Northern Lights

FFH

Veteran Member
Are those not more examples of random interactions producing an effect that we happen to interpret as beautiful?
Are colors a product of chance or the product of a devine designer ???

We have yet to see all the colors and hear all the sounds God (Christ and the Father) have created.

I've seen colors and heard singing in the spirit, the colors are more rich and the music has more depth.

Popeyesays

I attended a study circle last night and ran across this quote concerning physical beauty and things that pass away.

" Mortal charm shall fade away, roses shall give way to thorns, and beauty and youth shall live their day and be no more. But that which eternally endureth is the Beauty of the True One, for its splendour perisheth not and its glory lasteth for ever; its charm is all-powerful and its attraction infinite. Well is it then with that countenance that reflecteth the splendour of the Light of the Beloved One! The Lord be praised, thou hast been illumined with this Light, hast acquired the pearl of true knowledge, and hast spoken the Word of Truth."

(Abdu'l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 203)

Regards,
Scott

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
" Mortal charm shall fade away, roses shall give way to thorns, and beauty and youth shall live their day and be no more. But that which eternally endureth is the Beauty of the True One, for its splendour perisheth not and its glory lasteth for ever; its charm is all-powerful and its attraction infinite. Well is it then with that countenance that reflecteth the splendour of the Light of the Beloved One! The Lord be praised, thou hast been illumined with this Light, hast acquired the pearl of true knowledge, and hast spoken the Word of Truth."

I like that, though I'd point out there's as much beauty in a thorn as there is in a rose, we just don't always know how to look for it.

Popeyesays

doppelgänger;1048666 said:
I like that, though I'd point out there's as much beauty in a thorn as there is in a rose, we just don't always know how to look for it.

Well, yes, though thorns are often cursed at, they are still beautiful.

Regards,
Scott

FFH

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;1048666 said:
You can have your thorns, I'll take the roses.

Thorns are a result of the fall/transgressions of Adam and Eve. There must be an opposition in all things; pain and pleasure, ugliness and beauty, sorrow and joy, sin and righteousness, etc, but these oppositions will not be a part of heaven, if we prove ourselves worthy and overcome this sinful world.

Northern%20Lights.jpg

FFH

Veteran Member
Dop said:
like that, though I'd point out there's as much beauty in a thorn as there is in a rose, we just don't always know how to look for it.
Saying that there is beauty in a thorn is like saying there is goodness in sin, gladness in sorrow, pleasure in pain.

Thorns and weeds were not created for their beuty, but to afflict and torment man.

I'm sure Christ wasn't thinking to himself, wow these thorns in my head sure are beautiful.

If thorns were so beautiful, they would be a part of heaven/paradise, but they aren't, they're a result of the transgressions of Adam and Eve, one of the conditions which came about because of the fall.

Popeyesays

Saying that there is beauty in a thorn is like saying there is goodness in sin, gladness in sorrow, pleasure in pain.

Thorns and weeds were not created for their beuty, but to afflict and torment man.

I'm sure Christ wasn't thinking to himself, wow these thorns in my head sure are beautiful.

If thorns were so beautiful, they would be a part of heaven/paradise, but they aren't, they're a result of the transgressions of Adam and Eve, one of the conditions that came about because of the fall.

Thorns are to protect the plant, FFH. THe plant is alive and wishes to stay that way. To the rose, the thorn is beautiful.

Regards,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.