• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Biden Step In It?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Nice try but your statement falls on its arse.
Here is what he said....try and pay attention if possible
“You only arrest for the purpose of dealing with a felony that's committed, and I don't count drunk driving as a felony.”
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you could read minds.......
Keep spinning, for future reference always fact check your sources and stories before making a thread.
You're definitely a repeat-offender when it comes to making threads with RW fake news.

esmith

Veteran Member
Keep spinning, for future reference always fact check your sources and stories before making a thread.
You're definitely a repeat-offender when it comes to making threads with RW fake news.
Oh, are you disputing what Biden said? Guess you can't hear or read.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Oh, are you disputing what Biden said? Guess you can't hear or read.
Biden said he doesn't count DUI as a felony. Hence an immigrant wouldn't get deported for a DUI.
The discussion wasn't about felony DUI's. If it was, that would have been mentioned. Keep spinning, so sad.

esmith

Veteran Member
Biden said he doesn't count DUI as a felony. Hence an immigrant wouldn't get deported for a DUI.
Biden doesn't make the laws, therefore he has no say over how a State determines when a DUI is deemed a felony. All he can do is issue an executive order, if was President, saying that no illegal alien can be deported for a DUI whether a State has determined the DUI is a felony or not.

The discussion wasn't about felony DUI's. If it was, that would have been mentioned. Keep spinning, so sad.
No the discussion was intended to ask a question about whether Biden said something that possibly alienated voters who disagree with the comment that he would not have illegals deported for a DUI whether the DUI was a felony or not. My post had nothing to do with whether a DUI is a felony or not.
As far as your comment "Keep spinning, so sad" I can't help it if you can't comprehend what is written.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Biden doesn't make the laws, therefore he has no say over how a State determines when a DUI is deemed a felony. All he can do is issue an executive order, if was President, saying that no illegal alien can be deported for a DUI whether a State has determined the DUI is a felony or not.

No the discussion was intended to ask a question about whether Biden said something that possibly alienated voters who disagree with the comment that he would not have illegals deported for a DUI whether the DUI was a felony or not. My post had nothing to do with whether a DUI is a felony or not.
As far as your comment "Keep spinning, so sad" I can't help it if you can't comprehend what is written.
Sheesh, what a number your media does on you. Find more important things to focus on rather than trying to twist it to fit your RW needs. Go ask Biden, ask him if a serious DUI that reached the felony level would qualify him to deport the immigrant. Go ask.
Until then, spin away. Come up with whatever you imagine he meant.

Shaul

Premium Member
Drunk driving isn't a felony. Why would someone think it is? Biden said he thinks people who commit felonies should be deported and drunk driving doesn't reach that level.

What am I missing here?
DUI can be charged as a felony depending on the circumstances.

However one thing you may be missing is some of Joe Biden’s history. His first wife and daughter were killed in a traffic accident. Joe Biden wrongly and repeatedly asserted that the driver of the other vehicle was drunk. He was later forced to admit that wasn’t the case after that driver went to court. Some of Joe Biden’s opponents claim it is hypocritical for him to falsely use animosity against drunk driving to advance his political career and now to say drunk driving isn’t a good reason for deportation.

tytlyf

Not Religious
DUI can be charged as a felony depending on the circumstances.

However one thing you may be missing is some of Joe Biden’s history. His first wife and daughter were killed in a traffic accident. Joe Biden wrongly and repeatedly asserted that the driver of the other vehicle was drunk. He was later forced to admit that wasn’t the case after that driver went to court. Some of Joe Biden’s opponents claim it is hypocritical for him to falsely use animosity against drunk driving to advance his political career and now to say drunk driving isn’t a good reason for deportation.
DUI's are misdemeanors. Overwhelmingly. Even the 2nd and 3rd DUI's are misdemeanors. Overwhelmingly.
Keep spinning. Biden did not say "no DUI's are felonies." Stop putting words in his mouth.

Shaul

Premium Member
DUI's are misdemeanors. Overwhelmingly. Even the 2nd and 3rd DUI's are misdemeanors. Overwhelmingly.
Keep spinning. Biden did not say "no DUI's are felonies." Stop putting words in his mouth.
Since I never said Joe Biden said that, it is you that are trying to put words into my mouth.

Joe Biden said that drunk driving should not be cause for deportation, only felonies. He did not qualify which drunk driving. Some drunk driving are misdemeanors and some are felonies. He should have been clearer if he only meant misdemeanor drunk driving.

But I noticed how you totally ignored how he has lied repeatedly about his wife and daughter being killed by a drunk driver when they were not.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Since I never said Joe Biden said that, it is you that are trying to put words into my mouth.

Joe Biden said that drunk driving should not be cause for deportation, only felonies. He did not qualify which drunk driving. Some drunk driving are misdemeanors and some are felonies. He should have been clearer if he only meant misdemeanor drunk driving.

But I noticed how you totally ignored how he has lied repeatedly about his wife and daughter being killed by a drunk driver when they were not.
He did qualify it because he was talking about felonies and deportation. He stated he doesn't consider DUI's to be felonies. Which the vast majority are not.
The RW talking point is essentially this...."Biden doesn't want felony DUI's to be deported, see this clip!"
Works on some people.

esmith

Veteran Member
Sheesh, what a number your media does on you. Find more important things to focus on rather than trying to twist it to fit your RW needs. Go ask Biden, ask him if a serious DUI that reached the felony level would qualify him to deport the immigrant. Go ask.
Until then, spin away. Come up with whatever you imagine he meant.
You really do not understand the point of my Post do you?
In no part of my post did I question what Biden would or would not do in the case of a DUI, or whether a DUI was or was not a felony.
My question was did he possibly alienate some voters with his comment. Get your act together and stop trying to rewrite my post to further your argument. You seem to have the inane tact of reading something and using convoluted reasoning to read something into something that is not there.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
He did qualify it because he was talking about felonies and deportation. He stated he doesn't consider DUI's to be felonies. Which the vast majority are not.
The RW talking point is essentially this...."Biden doesn't want felony DUI's to be deported, see this clip!"
Works on some people.
Stop trying to twist my words. Joe Biden said he doesn’t want drunk driving illegal aliens deported. You seem fine with that. Bully for you.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Stop trying to twist my words. Joe Biden said he doesn’t want drunk driving illegal aliens deported. You seem fine with that. Bully for you.
That sounds like what he was inferring. If you're illegally here in the states, Biden will not deport you if it's a misdemeanor. If it's a felony (DUI or otherwise), sounds like Biden would deport.

Who's getting alienated?

esmith

Veteran Member
That sounds like what he was inferring. If you're illegally here in the states, Biden will not deport you if it's a misdemeanor. If it's a felony (DUI or otherwise), sounds like Biden would deport.

Who's getting alienated?
Reading peoples mind again......You are a real piece of work.

tytlyf

Not Religious
MADD for one
Alienating MADD members by not deporting misdemeanor DUI cases...got it. What % of the population are MADD members?
Why would you assume MADD members would be alienated? What is MADD's statement on Biden's remarks?

Do some diggin

esmith

Veteran Member
Alienating MADD members by not deporting misdemeanor DUI cases...got it. What % of the population are MADD members?
Why would you assume MADD members would be alienated? What is MADD's statement on Biden's remarks?

Do some diggin
I have no idea what MADD thinks....you seem to be the one who reads minds.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I have no idea what MADD thinks....you seem to be the one who reads minds.
So you admit this story isn't something you came up with, you heard it in RW medialand? Got it. Fake news once again.
They just made it up! If a story is only covered in RW media, heavily fact check and research it.

esmith

Veteran Member
So you admit this story isn't something you came up with, you heard it in RW medialand? Got it. Fake news once again.
They just made it up! If a story is only covered in RW media, heavily fact check and research it.
What the hell are you blabbering about.......
Your above statement makes no sense.
Please indicate what your mind is thinking.