• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derpy Donny and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Virus

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

51882864-the-three-wise-monkeys-hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

Actually, you don't even have to read walls of text, just watch and listen to the daily Trump-brag-and-lie fest. On the other hand, you can just continue...

17813655-illustration-of-cartoon-three-monkeys-see-hear-speak-no-evil.jpg

Trump Lies Grandmas Die. I guess you don't care and will never care.

Maybe you'll think twice about your posts in the future when you see how wrong you were.
I see that someone still has a bee under his bonnet.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have listened to every moment of every nightly press briefing from Trump -- and what is in that "wall of text" is what the orange buffoon actually said.

And having actually listened -- and understood what I was hearing -- is what so totally amazes me about the response of Americans. It does really seem to say that there are a whole lot of them who can't actually process information when they've got their worship on!
Criminy...yet another response criticizing giving advice
about making a post more readable & verifiable?
You guys are so hostile...you should consider how
all this angry name calling looks to non-Trump haters.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It works both ways. Yes, I agree that the presenter must make an effort to present the material in s way that will be understood. But if the audience is not willing to make an effort then nothing will make any difference.
You just offered an excuse for unsupported walls of text?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Criminy...yet another response criticizing giving advice
about making a post more readable & verifiable?
You guys are so hostile...you should consider how
all this angry name calling looks to non-Trump haters.
I apologize for that, but I wish you could at least see it a bit from the other side, which is actually what the OP was trying to show in this case. The problem is (as I suggested in another thread) that there's so bloody much that gives those of us who actually listen with full comprehension to what he has been saying for weeks and weeks, that we don't have time to make a nice, simplified PowerPoint presentation.

And as to providing verification, we can find links to the videos in which he said what he said, but those are very long, and we'd be required (by those who don't want to watch long videos) to provide the very second at which the questionable statement is made.

Yes, some of us are hostile. I live in Canada, just up north a bit (you might have noticed it). We are immensely impacted by everything that happens in the US, and we can do the best job in the world within our own borders of battling this thing (and no, we haven't been perfect), but it won't matter a bit if the US doesn't. We'll still be stuck with it.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
You just offered an excuse for unsupported walls of text?
1. The link was provided. Yes the Op made a mistake not including it initially, but it is there (post # 12). Not looking at the link now is just being obstinate.

2. The wall of text is slightly annoying. But it is possible to read it if someone is willing to make the slightest effort.

And having read it I can tell you it is worth the effort.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I apologize for that, but I wish you could at least see it a bit from the other side, which is actually what the OP was trying to show in this case.
How to say this without triggering management.....
Have you ever run across some people who speak
at you rather than converse with you?
My vision isn't what it used to be, & I'm noticing
increased difficulty lately, hence the advice.

Btw, you use paragraphs of a pleasant size.
I appreciate that. I notice this cuz I strive for
readability & easy verifiability of claims.
The problem is (as I suggested in another thread) that there's so bloody much that gives those of us who actually listen with full comprehension to what he has been saying for weeks and weeks, that we don't have time to make a nice, simplified PowerPoint presentation.
Is providing links really as demanding as you say?
I've found it quite practical, even if it takes some searching
to find one widely acceptable (no Breitbart or InfoWars).
And as to providing verification, we can find links to the videos in which he said what he said, but those are very long, and we'd be required (by those who don't want to watch long videos) to provide the very second at which the questionable statement is made.

Yes, some of us are hostile. I live in Canada, just up north a bit (you might have noticed it). We are immensely impacted by everything that happens in the US, and we can do the best job in the world within our own borders of battling this thing (and no, we haven't been perfect), but it won't matter a bit if the US doesn't. We'll still be stuck with it.
OK.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
How to say this without triggering management.....
Have you ever run across some people who speak
at you rather than converse with you?
My vision isn't what it used to be, & I'm noticing
increased difficulty lately, hence the advice.

Btw, you use paragraphs of a pleasant size.
I appreciate that. I notice this cuz I strive for
readability & easy verifiability of claims.

Is providing links really as demanding as you say?
I've found it quite practical, even if it takes some searching
to find one widely acceptable (no Breitbart or InfoWars).

OK.
For the record, I'd like you to know that it is not my purpose to tear Donald Trump to pieces. But as a believer (a true believer) in democracy, I would dearly love for the people who will soon be voting for him again to at least look a little more closely than they obviously have been.

Never mind -- I'll have more to say on this, only from now on, I will make sure that I make my point as briefly as I can, and that I support it with links.

Just please try to appreciate that I'm just a working stiff, and trying to locate all those quotes in literally dozens of hours of video is something of a daunting task. (Which, means, presumably to the Trump supporters relief, that I won't get to all that many.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You refuse to see what a disaster Trump is. Either you are a toddler or you purposefully close your eyes and ears. I think the monkeys are very appropriate.
I see many things.
But I don't discuss them with you because of
your posts are so hostile.....like the one I quoted.
I could never say such things in a forum here.