• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derpy Donny and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Virus

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
"If you're not watching Trump's nightly Coronavirus ****fest, here's the summary:
He started out by accusing nurses of hoarding or stealing face masks.
Trump: "There is something going on. I don't know if it is hoarding. It is maybe worse than hoarding ... for years, 10 to 20,000 masks. Okay. It's a New York City hospital. It's packed all the time. How do you go from 10 to 20 to 300,000? 10 to 20,000 masks, to 300,000 ... even though this is different. Something is going on. And you ought to look into it as reporters. Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000? Uh, and we have that in a lot of different places. So ... somebody should probably look into that, 'cause I just don't see from a practical standpoint how that's possible to go from that to that, and we have that happening in numerous places..."
He then accused hospitals of "hoarding" ventilators.
He does this several times throughout the briefing, Suggesting New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, and medical personnel, specifically nurses, are conspiring to overinflate the number of ventilators and masks needed.
Again, he does this more than once.
Trump then admits there actually ARE shortages, but blames Obama. Saying that it's like how the military was out of bullets when he took over. None of this has any basis in reality whatsoever, but the toadies in the background are all nodding like this is fact.
This is beyond gaslighting.
This is a radioactive gas cloud.
This is like watching the Soviet government press briefings about Chernobyl, when the reactor was still burning and the Russians didn't realize we could actually SEE it from orbit and that radiation meters were sounding the alarm over half the planet.
Trump then talks about immigrants and how keeping them out of America probably prevented us from getting the plague and everybody behind him has this carefully practiced expressionless Soviet face on, and then bizarrely Trump randomly pivots to explaining how he didn't know until TODAY that 2.2 MILLION AMERICANS will likely die if we don't maintain social distancing -- even though that number was specifically briefed IN FRONT of him two weeks ago on national TV.
Naturally, now that Trump is suddenly aware of the probability of 2.2 MILLION DEATHS, he never said he was going to order America back to work by Easter. That was, uh, um, well, you see, um, just "aspirational."
The man who always speaks bluntly, is suddenly talking in metaphor and parable.
A QANN "reporter" asks Trump why his approval ratings are so high, is it because he's so awesome? Trump admits that he is.
Someone else asks about Americans facing eviction on April 1st. Trump says "I think landlords will take it easy."
Trump goes after reporter Yacmiche Alcindor for daring to ask about his repeated attacks on various governors. Trump angrily says, "We sent thousands of generators to New York ... the people in New York never distribute it the generators."
It takes a minute to figure out that when Trump says "generators" he probably means "ventilators." He does this repeatedly.
A reporter asks why Florida has 100% of their requests for supplies from the national strategic stockpile filled, but Massachusetts has not? Instead of answering, Trump says: "I was on the call yesterday with the governors and they were happy with the job we are doing."
The governors, who he noted the day before, he refuses to call. He was on the phone with them. They're happy he says, despite the fact that he was just this morning talking about how they're not happy and they should be.
Trump then segues into: "The biggest problem was the test didn't work. That was not from us. That has been there a long time" and suggests that the fault lies with Obama.
The tests in question were developed by the CDC, WITHIN THE LAST 3 MONTHS. Literally since the beginning of THIS year. Obama has been out of office for nearly 4 years now.
Then, bizarrely -- or not, given that this the new normal -- Trump says: "You will see drugs being used like nobody has ever used them before, and people are going to be dying all over the place."
I thought at first he was talking about his repeated claims about untested drugs as a cure for the coronavirus. You know, aquarium cleaner. But, instead, he was talking about drug ABUSE. Not sure by who, but you can probably guess. You know what happens when "those" people stay home with nothing to do.
A CNN reporter tries to get Trump back to his comments about the governors of blue states having to be more "appreciative." Trump screams at him, "YOUR STATEMENT IS A LIE!"
The reporter was LITERALLY quoting Trump's own statement.
Literally quoting Trump.
Trump called those words a lie. I mean, he's not wrong, but still...
As proof of this, Trump starts bragging about how his press briefings are getting better ratings than The Bachelor and Monday Night Football.
"The enemy is death," declares Trump.
And we're done. Thanks for coming everybody. Hope to see you all tomorrow for another exciting episode of "Reality TV President!"" -Jim Wright

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
"If you're not watching Trump's nightly Coronavirus ****fest, here's the summary:
Trump: "There is something going on. I don't know if it is hoarding. It is maybe worse than hoarding ... for years, 10 to 20,000 masks. Okay. It's a New York City hospital. It's packed all the time. How do you go from 10 to 20 to 300,000? 10 to 20,000 masks, to 300,000 ... even though this is different. Something is going on. And you ought to look into it as reporters. Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000? Uh, and we have that in a lot of different places. So ... somebody should probably look into that, 'cause I just don't see from a practical standpoint how that's possible to go from that to that, and we have that happening in numerous places..."
He does this several times throughout the briefing, Suggesting New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, and medical personnel, specifically nurses, are conspiring to overinflate the number of ventilators and masks needed.
Trump then admits there actually ARE shortages, but blames Obama. Saying that it's like how the military was out of bullets when he took over. None of this has any basis in reality whatsoever, but the toadies in the background are all nodding like this is fact.
This is like watching the Soviet government press briefings about Chernobyl, when the reactor was still burning and the Russians didn't realize we could actually SEE it from orbit and that radiation meters were sounding the alarm over half the planet.
Trump then talks about immigrants and how keeping them out of America probably prevented us from getting the plague and everybody behind him has this carefully practiced expressionless Soviet face on, and then bizarrely Trump randomly pivots to explaining how he didn't know until TODAY that 2.2 MILLION AMERICANS will likely die if we don't maintain social distancing -- even though that number was specifically briefed IN FRONT of him two weeks ago on national TV.
Naturally, now that Trump is suddenly aware of the probability of 2.2 MILLION DEATHS, he never said he was going to order America back to work by Easter. That was, uh, um, well, you see, um, just "aspirational."
A QANN "reporter" asks Trump why his approval ratings are so high, is it because he's so awesome? Trump admits that he is.
Someone else asks about Americans facing eviction on April 1st. Trump says "I think landlords will take it easy."
Trump goes after reporter Yacmiche Alcindor for daring to ask about his repeated attacks on various governors. Trump angrily says, "We sent thousands of generators to New York ... the people in New York never distribute it the generators."
It takes a minute to figure out that when Trump says "generators" he probably means "ventilators." He does this repeatedly.
A reporter asks why Florida has 100% of their requests for supplies from the national strategic stockpile filled, but Massachusetts has not? Instead of answering, Trump says: "I was on the call yesterday with the governors and they were happy with the job we are doing."
The governors, who he noted the day before, he refuses to call. He was on the phone with them. They're happy he says, despite the fact that he was just this morning talking about how they're not happy and they should be.
Trump then segues into: "The biggest problem was the test didn't work. That was not from us. That has been there a long time" and suggests that the fault lies with Obama.
The tests in question were developed by the CDC, WITHIN THE LAST 3 MONTHS. Literally since the beginning of THIS year. Obama has been out of office for nearly 4 years now.
Then, bizarrely -- or not, given that this the new normal -- Trump says: "You will see drugs being used like nobody has ever used them before, and people are going to be dying all over the place."
I thought at first he was talking about his repeated claims about untested drugs as a cure for the coronavirus. You know, aquarium cleaner. But, instead, he was talking about drug ABUSE. Not sure by who, but you can probably guess. You know what happens when "those" people stay home with nothing to do.
A CNN reporter tries to get Trump back to his comments about the governors of blue states having to be more "appreciative." Trump screams at him, "YOUR STATEMENT IS A LIE!"
Literally quoting Trump.
As proof of this, Trump starts bragging about how his press briefings are getting better ratings than The Bachelor and Monday Night Football.
And we're done. Thanks for coming everybody. Hope to see you all tomorrow for another exciting episode of "Reality TV President!"" -Jim Wright

I do not think networks should be covering his conferences live. Since he can't go out and perform in front of his base he is using the daily corona virus bit to try and deceive the American people. He continues to lie and act like a buffoon.

Kangaroo Feathers

I do not think networks should be covering his conferences live. Since he can't go out and perform in front of his base he is using the daily corona virus bit to try and deceive the American people. He continues to lie and act like a buffoon.
But the ratings!
91347109_10222568307815212_3102271718467567616_o.jpg

Cooky

Veteran Member
Literally quoting Trump.

How does it feel to know that none of us Trump supporters will ever care? Or ever think twice about your posts in the future even if you were right?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
How does it feel to know that none of us Trump supporters will ever care? Or ever think twice about your posts in the future even if you were right?

at this point not surprising. but consistently depressing.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

I hope you will stay well and all will turn out well for you. But I don't respect your behavior. I accept you as scared and with worth and dignity and I accept that you were sent to test my faith in humans. You are good at that, I will give you that. ;)

Regards
Mikkel

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So sorry, it is hard on you.
You can find them yourself. It is a publicly broadcasted event.
Trump is in part dangerous because he is functionally unfit to lead a country in a coherent manner.
It's not hard on me at all.
If a post is difficult to read & unsupported, I just don't give it attention.
This is particularly so when new post after post is made about the same thing.

When posting, if one really wants a discussion, one must consider the
audience.
- Make it easy to read...clear & concise.
- Support claims with useful links (avoiding paywalls).
- Engage the audience, don't just create an echo chamber.
- Be friendly or at least civil towards the other side.
- Post eye candy, eg, pictures of kittens or bacon.

Kangaroo Feathers

You can admit you don't care about facts all you like. Thanks for confirming what we already knew.

I mean, we did all know, but it's delightful having you say it while attempting a counter argument.

tenor.gif

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You can admit you don't care about facts all you like. Thanks for confirming what we already knew.

I mean, we did all know, but it's delightful having you say it while attempting a counter argument.

tenor.gif

Well, on another forum, one of the members tried to recruit me to QAnon. It runs deep in some of them.

Regards
Mikkel

Kangaroo Feathers

So sorry, it is hard on you.
You can find them yourself. It is a publicly broadcasted event.
Trump is in part dangerous because he is functionally unfit to lead a country in a coherent manner.

Regards
Mikkel
Yep, pretending they can't find massively publically broadcast examples of trump's own words is a pretty standard play for them. Given how trump's reality show press briefings are literally the leading story on every news and politics website on the planet right now, it's even sadder and more desperate than usual.

But here it is so they absolutely can't continue the desperate flailing. From Fox no less.

Over to you trumpettes.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Yep, pretending they can't find massively publically broadcast examples of trump's own words is a pretty standard play for them. Given how trump's reality show press briefings are literally the leading story on every news and politics website on the planet right now, it's even sadder and more desperate than usual.

But here it is so they absolutely can't continue the desperate flailing. From Fox no less.

Well, I know.
I am on another forum and constantly being ask to check my sources, give links, check for bias and apply critical thinking by them, the Trump followers. They can't do it themselves and resort to feelings on how hard it is to be them, nobody gets them and everybody else are biased*, but them. *They use worse words than bias though.

Regards
Mikkel

Kangaroo Feathers

Well, I know.
I am on another forum and constantly being ask to check my sources, give links, check for bias and apply critical thinking by them, the Trump followers. They can't do it themselves and resort to feelings on how hard it is to be them, nobody gets them and everybody else are biased*, but them. *They use worse words than bias though.

Regards
Mikkel
General rule of thumb; when a trumpette asks you for your sources, they don't want you to provide sources, they want an excuse to handwave what you're saying. Welp, I'm not having it. There's the video, provided by FOX, unedited, un clipped. They can come up with whatever arcane illogical nonsense they like to pretend trump didn't say what trump explicitly said, but I'm not going to make it easy for them.

They wanted sources? Well there's unavoidable, incontrovertible source. Choke on it.

ecco

Veteran Member
Walls of text are hard to read.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

51882864-the-three-wise-monkeys-hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

Actually, you don't even have to read walls of text, just watch and listen to the daily Trump-brag-and-lie fest. On the other hand, you can just continue...

17813655-illustration-of-cartoon-three-monkeys-see-hear-speak-no-evil.jpg

Trump Lies Grandmas Die. I guess you don't care and will never care.

Maybe you'll think twice about your posts in the future when you see how wrong you were.