• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Depression an evil spirit ?

Mr Cheese

There is a demon of depression and its goal is to destroy you. Other times we face great human trials and feel that its not worth going on and that is when we face our greatest challenges.

Heneni

What is the name of this demon?
Does it have purple skin?

Mr Cheese

The only way to kill a demon of depression with is a level 4 ice bolt spell, but the mana cost to cast it is pretty high, which is why so many remain sad. :(

:D ha ha....

I actually know a bi polar dude who has tried to perform exorcisms on people.....and cats...even a hamster

:sarcastic some people take things way too seriously....

OrangesAreNotTheOnlyFruit.jpg

Bentley

** I am NOT a proponent of stopping meds or stopping pychiatric treatment. The following thoughts are only suggested as "something to try" in addtion to any sort of medication/treatment someone might be currently doing.

A "Can't Hurt" Addition to the Depression Toolbox.

I have been having issues lately with feeling hopeless and tired at times... and irritable and short tempered at others. Still other times, I am positive and productive and enjoy interaction with my family.

None of what I have been experiencing would be "extreme" enough to qualify as a depression condition or other disorder, but it sucks to not enjoy life.

I don't understand it all.. but I am finding that there are evil spirits who are influencing me and dragging me down.

I have found that repeating this prayer, sometimes multiple times when I feel this way had helped:
"Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, please cast out the evil spirit in (________ and _________)" include the names of people in my house.
"Jehoval God and Jesus Christ, please remove the evil influence from ________ and _______.
"Jehoval God and Jesus Christ, please restore the health and energy removed by the evil spirit in ______ and ________.
In Jesus Christ's name, Amen.

Walkntune

I believe a big part of the battle with depression is being resistant to it. Depression comes from suppressed emotions and trauma that people resist feeling and instead internalise.You have to allow yourself to feel the depression in order to release it.You may have noticed the more resistant you are the stronger the battle becomes until you have to let go and then it eases up.It's an on going cycle that people get stuck in.By being resistant I mean you are in your mind and battleing negative thoughts because the mind tries to justify why you feel bad and by choosing to battle in the mind you are actually avoiding your feelings.By choosing and learning to allow yourself to feel no matter how terrible you feel,you eventually release all of the negative feelings and start feeling better over time.You can change the thoughts with medication but until the feelings are dealt with and released you won't be healed.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,

*Depression*
Why is it labelled so?
Because the *energy* is depressed.
The vital energy that which we all are gets depressed by thoughts.
All that needs is to bring about awareness of what thoughts and slowly sit down face to face with them. Confront them.
Maybe I do not have a Ferrari and the mind is depressed. Now have to reason with the mind [thought] that What is a Ferrari. Its only a car.
What is a car.
A means of transportaion.
Why do one nedds a mode of transportation?
to go from place A to B
To do so one can avail better, pollution, free, safe, less burden on the roads by travelling on buses or by cycle and exercise the body for positive health.
etc.
The mind being the Satan that he is will always try and get us to take a path where we are never satisfied and burn our energies unnecessarily and get us depressed.
Basically watch the Mind and be free from depression.

Love & rgds

Peacewise

The fact that psychology exists and is different to psychiatry reveals that there are different schools of thought on mental illness. The psychiatrist tend to prescribe medicines and seek to redress what they believe are chemical imbalances within the brain and the psychologists tend to seek to modify behaviour and have people become mindful, either and both methods can work.

How many great moments do you have in your life? - write them down, reflect upon them and see how that makes you feel.

The depressed tend to relive all the horrible and nasty things that occurred in their lives, and also tend to be unkind to themselves in their self talk and belittle their achievements.

So one way to lift depression is to be kind to yourself in your self talk and make big of your achievements to yourself.

Failure breeds failure, success breeds success, negativity breeds negativity, positivity breeds positivity.

Kerr

I take two medications just to keep my mind from declining into chaos, even though I am not sure I would call it depression (in my case it sounds worse then it is). What I have noticed that work to help me is the things I really don´t like, namely to try and hang around with people, try and have fun, have something to focus on except for all the bad stuff inside of me... not to try and repress it or deny it is there, of course, I mean just to have something to do so that your life is not just containing bad and selfdestructive emotions... ok, I really don´t know if that was a good way to put it. Exercise can be good as well. Giving yourself credit for what you do is also good. Of course, this is assuming you are like me, and to be honest I don´t know what I am talking about, just saying what comes to mind.

301ouncer

I take two medications just to keep my mind from declining into chaos, even though I am not sure I would call it depression (in my case it sounds worse then it is). What I have noticed that work to help me is the things I really don´t like, namely to try and hang around with people, try and have fun, have something to focus on except for all the bad stuff inside of me... not to try and repress it or deny it is there, of course, I mean just to have something to do so that your life is not just containing bad and selfdestructive emotions... ok, I really don´t know if that was a good way to put it. Exercise can be good as well. Giving yourself credit for what you do is also good. Of course, this is assuming you are like me, and to be honest I don´t know what I am talking about, just saying what comes to mind.

The further and further away the person is from the creator and his rememberance the further and further goes into deeper depression.

The same is true when it comes to the socity or system that is in place.

Secularisim is the number once cause of this mass depression among secularist nations.

Secularisim keeps away the creator away from it is daily life and promots every worldy desires. It scorns the religious but it celebrates man's lusts and desires.

The further away secularisim is away from the creator the further the increase in immoral decedance. Increase in immoral decedence leads eventually to increase in crime rates. Increase in crime rates, decreases the overall tranqulity and peace in any socialable socity.

Decrease in overall trangulity leads to higher levels depression among secular nations and in sucide rates among it is masses

Crimes per capita:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_cri_percap-crime-total-crimes-per-capita

Depression:

stat.jpg

Sucide per capita:

Suicide rates in ages above 75 (most recent) by country

I pray you find the cure by being ever closer to the creator.

Jesse2345

I can only speak on my own behalf, and no one else's. I was happy and joyous yesterday morning... I go to sleep to take a nap, and wake up depressed, and like my mind is being attacked so badly, I am literally holding my head and saying, Lord... what is this? Why do I feel like my mind is being attacked? So then I go into prayer warrior mode, and rebuke that thing off of me, WITH AUTHORITY, and the feelings leave immediately.

Jesse2345

Hello my name is matt im 28 my initial question is depression really a mental illness or is it a kind of evil spirit. i have been having problems with depression since around 11 and being addicted to every drug then going through rehab, back to sober to find myslef in the same place of anger fear and i regret my whol life. i really want to find some pple to talk to thats why i came here. At first i thought i was an alcoholic then an addict, but i truly feel neither the only reasons ive done those things was the pain and the regret of being worthless. i have a fiance and 2 kids and i feel i dont have the capacity to love anything. Im lost and i dont understand i have everything one can ask for, i pray to God I thank God and i ask Him for help and forgiveness. Yes lately that has dwindled but i have no interest anymore the last two yrs have been hard i decided if nothing happens by the time im 30 im out, im done. I know life isnt fair and i have been dealt some crappy hands. If anyone has advice or wants to talk please and i thank you .

Hello, Matt. I write to you with the authority of the HOLYSPIRIT... Matt, I know exactly what you must be going through. You see, I was once depressed. In fact, I used to be an alcoholic. I used to drink morning, noon, and night. It got to the point to where, I would go to doctor's appointments drunk. I remember riding in a taxicab drunk, and thought in my own mind that I was only a little tipsy... When I almost tripped and fell when coming out of the cab, the driver asked me if I was ok, not realizing my speech was slurred, I said, yeah... I'm ok... But I wasn't. What made me stop drinking and all of that was actually... God's love..Listen, God promised us that he would never leave nor forsake us. You need to get back into praying, because you clearly stated that once you stopped praying, these things started happening to you. First, you need to ask the Lord for forgiveness, and get back into conversing with him on a daily basis. Read the bible every chance you get. PRAY more often than you're used to.

Put ALL of whatever is worrying you into God's hands. God has delivered me from being an alcoholic for 17 months. Yep. That is over a year and a half since I have been sober. And I am never turning back. I have another testimony. Yesterday morning, I was as happy as can be, right... I go down to sleep for a little while, only to wake up and find myself feeling depressed, and having other feelings... like, I was actually holding my head, asking the Lord WHY I was feeling the way I was feeling, like the enemy was attacking my mind... So then.. while holding my head, I SPEAK WITH AUTHORITY, and rebuke that spirit of depression, and the feelings leave right away, and never came back.

I pray that this has helped. I also pray that you are still alive to read this, hon. You can email me anytime you need to talk, ok. My email address is: [email protected]

TalAbrams

Depression is absolutely NOT an evil spirit.
Severe depression is an illness.
Mild depression can usually be taken care of with a sincere attitude change and/or putting "self" aside. TA

erelsgl

An important Jewish scholar, Rabbi Nachman of Breslev, says that there is a difference between "depression" and "broken heart":
* "Depression" is when you continuously feel sad because you don't have enough of what you want.
* "Broken heart" is when you temporarily feel sorry for something you did wrong, and you weep and pray to God to help you be better.

According to his teachings:
* Depression is bad, it stems from pride, you feel that God owes you something, and when you don't get it, you become sad.
* Broken heart is good, and you should try to be in this situation at least once a day, for a short time.

The rest of the day, you should be happy, and do anything that makes you happy, even very silly things.

The Breslevers (followers of Rabbi Nachman) actually do just this - they tell jokes, sing and dance on the streets, etc. - everything that can make them, and others near them, happy.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Depression can possibly emanate from spiritual occurrences but that is only a plausibility for me.
Depression is a neurological or emotional disorder. Depression is a disorder because it disrupts the natural order of the human spirit which is to feel happy and content. God has given us the wisdom and knowledge to cure ailments whether they be of the body or of the mind. Emotional progression must be made for an individual to be free of depression most often.
I have endured small but temporary moments of depression within my life but I have always powered through them.
I do not think that spirits whether they be jinn or poltergeist have any effect on the human mind's state of emotional flux. We are not as powerless as we often feel.

chinu

chinu
Hello my name is matt im 28 my initial question is depression really a mental illness or is it a kind of evil spirit. i have been having problems with depression since around 11 and being addicted to every drug then going through rehab, back to sober to find myslef in the same place of anger fear and i regret my whol life. i really want to find some pple to talk to thats why i came here. At first i thought i was an alcoholic then an addict, but i truly feel neither the only reasons ive done those things was the pain and the regret of being worthless. i have a fiance and 2 kids and i feel i dont have the capacity to love anything. Im lost and i dont understand i have everything one can ask for, i pray to God I thank God and i ask Him for help and forgiveness. Yes lately that has dwindled but i have no interest anymore the last two yrs have been hard i decided if nothing happens by the time im 30 im out, im done. I know life isnt fair and i have been dealt some crappy hands. If anyone has advice or wants to talk please and i thank you .
Don't worry if you cannot improve yourself in your this birth, than you can improve yourself in your next birth.