• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

PureX

Veteran Member
I would assume that the hallucinogenic drugs were affecting one's brain in the ways that they are demonstrably known to, such as causing hallucinations, delusions, etc.
Causing or enabling? Hallucinations of metaphysical visions?
I wouldn't see any reason to make any other assumption since the effects of hallucinogenic drugs on our brains are fairly well understood.
That's the blinding effect of a bias. "I don't see any reason to consider any other possibility ..." Of course not. You have already dismissed all the other possibilities.
And that is not an empty assumption, rather it's based on years of scientific study of neuropsychopharmacology.
Sure. Bias is self-reinforcing like that. We see what we expect to see, and we never look for anything else. It'll go on indefinitely if we let it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Causing or enabling? Hallucinations of metaphysical visions?
Drug-induced.

That's the blinding effect of a bias. "I don't see any reason to consider any other possibility ..." Of course not. You have already dismissed all the other possibilities.
Give me empirical evidence of these other possibilities, and I'll consider them. Personal testimony isn't that. Especially when demonstrable and testable evidence is already available that provides an actual explanation as to what's going on in the brain.

Sure. Bias is self-reinforcing like that. We see what we expect to see, and we never look for anything else. It'll go on indefinitely if we let it.
When I see actual evidence of demons, I'll consider their existence.
Until then, I'm not going to believe in them like I don't believe in fairies and leprechauns. There is no good reason to.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
The important thing to understand about demons is that they understand the power of Jesus name.
They are nothing to play with but if you are under attack, the best offense is praying against them in Jesus name. You must be completely sincere, however.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
The important thing to understand about demons is that they understand the power of Jesus name.
They are nothing to play with but if you are under attack, the best offense is praying against them in Jesus name. You must be completely sincere, however.

How does that make sense?
Isn't it far more likely that whatever you are interpreting to be an attack is not an actual attack?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
1. They are mentioned in the Bible and the Bible hasn’t been disproved by anyone.
2. There’s no other explanation for the cause of natural evil, like illnesses and natural disasters.
3. The Bible and the existence of God often comes under attack by demons working for the devil as taught in Ephesians 6:10.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you like the place here. :)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
of course not. The doctor does not claim omni potency, nor omni benevolence, does she? She is just a fallible human being trying to do what she can. Using science obviously, knowing the medical record of prayers over the centuries.

But your God has all those attributes, allegedly. He is almighty, He can do whatever He wants. And He is Omni good, apparently.

So, why doesn’t He save ALL kids?

That is you personal viewpoint and, I would say, an erroneous viewpoint.

So if you construct your viewpoint to then destroy it, what value is there really in that?

Kenny

Premium Member
I don't know about you but I feel demonic energy when listening to Satanic enns. The other day I was listening to a binaural enn of Lilith (The first wife of Adam who sprouted wings and left the garden of Eden) and then I heard a female voice in the air asking me "What do you need?" and then I said back "I'm just meditating." and it went away. From that day on I was super paranoid about listening to Satanic enns because I did not want to unwittingly summon any more demons. However a dark priestess explained to me how this stuff worked so I make sure that I am using these enns respectfully and properly such as for meditation or chanting them.

Also when I was listening to the angelic aspect chanting of Lucifer all day, I kind of felt positive energy go inside of my chest and body, so I am pretty sure that Lucifer is inside of me now. That probably sounds scary to someone who is Christian or comes from a more mainstream belief system but I think it's actually an improvement.
Not scary for me as a Christian, perhaps "concerned for you" would be a better term. I had a friend who had a beautiful spirit guide that was there for "improvement" until the day he didn't want her. Then she became a hideous demon.

Christians delivered him from that demon and today he is a powerful man of God (In Christian lingo)

Just remember who can help you if you ever think you need help.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
1. They are mentioned in the Bible and the Bible hasn’t been disproved by anyone.
2. There’s no other explanation for the cause of natural evil, like illnesses and natural disasters.
3. The Bible and the existence of God often comes under attack by demons working for the devil as taught in Ephesians 6:10.
Welcome!

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
That is you personal viewpoint and, I would say, an erroneous viewpoint.
I do not claim inerrancy. I actually love it when shown wrong. Because I would have learned something new.
So, what is wrong, exactly?

So if you construct your viewpoint to then destroy it, what value is there really in that?
I am not sure what you mean. Can you expand on that?

Ciao

- viole

Kenny

Premium Member
I am not sure what you mean. Can you expand on that?
Sure
He is almighty, He can do whatever He wants.

You constructed a viewpoint that doesn't exist. Kind of what Eve did. She had a truth but then added to it and it was her downfall.

Is God almighty? Absolutely - but your interpretation of that "He can do whatever He wants" was wrong. So to construct a position to then come to an erroneous conclusion is to build something up to then destroy what you constructed.

I do not claim inerrancy. I actually love it when shown wrong. Because I would have learned something new.
So, what is wrong, exactly?

So... Is He almighty? Yes. What did He want to do? Give man the freedom to make his/her own choices that He will not and cannot stop because otherwise He would be a liar.

Matthew 13:57 And they were offended by him. Then Jesus said to them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country and among his own kin. 58 And he did not do many miracles there, because of their unbelief.

He wanted to do more miracles but their unbelief actually stopped the Almighty from doing them.

If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can do. But if you harden your heart, He won't be able to because without faith he cannot move.

He can't make you love, He can't make you forgive, He can't make you follow Him.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Really, ultimately it will depend on whether one want to believe our not because we have the capacity to come up with reasons not to believe to the point that we can even be convinced that we never went to the moon. It was all optical illusions (as declared by those who don't believe)

1953, May 9-19 (ca.): The Invisible Fangs

This was a well documented case. It was in the newspapers, the tv outlets et al in the Philippines. Lester Sumrall was the vehicle God used to free the girl.
If all you've got is an old article from a population with a pre-existing belief in demons I would have to say at best demons would have to be rare, lazy, and impotent to attack non-believers.

If they were as common as the impression one gains from the Bible I believe there should be much better documentation on them than that.

Consider the documentation we have for modern space travel, we have video footage, we can do simple experiments ourselves that prove the principal of rocket propulsion, and many of us have actually seen military jets that use afterburners (ie rocket propulsion) in action personally.

Is demon possession at all comparable to that?

In my opinion.

Ostronomos

If all you've got is an old article from a population with a pre-existing belief in demons I would have to say at best demons would have to be rare, lazy, and impotent to attack non-believers.

If they were as common as the impression one gains from the Bible I believe there should be much better documentation on them than that.

Consider the documentation we have for modern space travel, we have video footage, we can do simple experiments ourselves that prove the principal of rocket propulsion, and many of us have actually seen military jets that use afterburners (ie rocket propulsion) in action personally.

In my opinion.

Greetings Daniel,

Your inquiry is appreciated. I will do my best to answer your questions on the ever-elusive phenomenon of demonic forces.

My approach is unique. I not only provide personal accounts but I can actually give logical and mathematical proof of God. I am the Great Genius of Nostradamus prophecy and my dual identity of high and normal serves me well. If you do not believe me that is okay too. I am not demanding anyone's attention.

First, I will say that demonic forces are rebellious entities to all that is Holy. They want to destroy anything and everything God creates. But because they are powerless against Christ, they can't actually physically harm you if your heart is "pure" while calling on the name of God.

Second, I will provide proof of a concept I invented in my other identity, the Great Genius of Nostradamus Prophecy; The higher dimension contains the separation, effecting the non-separation. This means exactly as you might guess. That Mind and Reality appear separate in a lower dimension but become a unified holism in a higher dimension. This results in unbound mind. Unbound mind can be best described as the ability to detect any entity (both good and evil) from another dimension or universe simply because you are now the source of all that exists. A holism. Where your conscious viewing can influence everything from the people around you, to the people on television or other electronic media.

Thank you,

Nicholas.

danieldemol

Premium Member
You can't assess evidence until you properly define the hypothesis. The word "demon" means vastly different things to different people (sometimes even to the same people!). You need to establish exactly what you're talking about here. Then the effects and consequence we would be expect from that hypothesis can be assessed and only then can any evidence to support or counter them could be considered.
That's a part of why I felt it better to leave the question open. Let the user of the word demon define what it means then we can assess the evidence for their position.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I see you are new here ;)

I believe this is obviously false, illnesses that are of the body are caused by micro-organisms, viruses etc. Illness of the mind is caused by defective brain structure and chemistry. Natural disasters are caused by weather events such as global warming, as well as tectonic plate movements for earthquakes etc.

I believe a far simpler explanation is that it is humans that disagree with the existence of God and disagree with the Bible due to their own reasons.

In my opinion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
That's part of why I don't believe. We have no way of knowing the sincerity levels of anyone outside ourselves.

Saying that the small percentage of prayers in Jesus/Allah's/Krishna's etc name that worked are the ones that were sincere is not a very sincere way of determining sincerity.

Besides that when it is contrasted with mental health medication which works whether a person believes in it or not it seems to me that mental illness is a more plausible explanation than demon possession.

In my opinion.

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
I see you are new here ;)

I believe this is obviously false, illnesses that are of the body are caused by micro-organisms, viruses etc. Illness of the mind is caused by defective brain structure and chemistry. Natural disasters are caused by weather events such as global warming, as well as tectonic plate movements for earthquakes etc.

I believe a far simpler explanation is that it is humans that disagree with the existence of God and disagree with the Bible due to their own reasons.

In my opinion.
Go ahead then, cure all illness and inform everyone of natural disasters in advance and win yourself a Nobel prize. I never knew it was that simple.

danieldemol

Premium Member
There is no evidence for angels existing either. If angels exist, it is likely that demons exist also.
Please define what do you mean when you say angels and what you mean when you say demons, because if there is no evidence for them, I believe that from a purely logical perspective it would make sense to at least entertain the possibility that neither exist.

In my opinion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Go ahead then, cure all illness and inform everyone of natural disasters in advance and win yourself a Nobel prize. I never knew it was that simple.
Its not that simple with the Bible either, so your goal posts appear a bit unequal there.
But scientists are certainly able to cure a diverse array of illnesses (unlike the Bible) and people have been saved by listening to adverse whether forecasts etc.

In my opinion.

Kenny

Premium Member

In my opinion.
i suppose you are right... then again, it isn't like we are looking for demons and then saying "Wait just a minute, let me go get my camera! Honey, run to the car, get the equipment and set up the lights. Pull out your phone, quick, I want everybody to see how I cast out demons so we can satisfy the curious".

No, actually, when the person was delivered they said, "Thank you! I felt it go out and now I am free". That was good enough for me.

You probably don't have a demon so I think you are fine :)